Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wales v Baa Baas thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2019 at 10:20am
Originally posted by Mogwen Mogwen wrote:

Quite a few of the replacements proved theyre not quitecat international level.

Yes - I thought Wales looked pretty good, until the substitutes came on. Not one of them improved on the starters, and only Cawdor (IMO) did as well, scoring a typical poacher's try. I don't know what's happened to Sam Davies - he was player of the tournament at the U-20s world cup a few seasons ago, but yesterday failed to drop-kick a restart 10 yards, and put a routine diagonal kick straight out - plus, there was no running threat, as there was with Jarrod. He and Biggar will definitely be the 10s for the 6N, assuming Patch will not be ready in time.

Otherwise - I like Olly Griffiths a lot, but he showed inexperience - too keen to rush up in defence, he left holes and dog-legs. He'll learn, I think. The rest were anonymous. It might be time to look at Sale TH prop Willgriff John, as I assume Francis is definitely out of the 6N(?).

One worry - I thought at the time there were no injuries, but it seems Shingler collected a bang to the leg - he didn't look too distressed on the bench, so let's hope it's not serious. However, from a Scarlets' PoV it was reassuring to see so many players who left the RWC battered looking restored - Halfpenny and Parkes looked fine, and Ken and Jake Ball played with their usual fire.
I share no-one's ideas. I have my own.
(Ivan Turgenev)
Sponsored Links

Sosban bach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sosban bach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2019 at 11:12am
Wyn was pushing rob ages ago when he had that long layoff with injury. Wyn will be the no.1 LH from now on no doubts in my mind of that.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2019 at 12:19pm
Yes thought Wyn looked great in open play and made intelligent decisions which some of our backs have failed to do often enough. Biggar is the shoe in starter for the 6 nations and frankly from someone who has not been his biggest fan that is some admission.

His performances which I have seen for Northampton this season under a gameplan set by Boyde, a very canny operator, have been superb. Not just the things we take for granted - brave defence, fabulous kicking game, superb goalkicking and effectiveness under the high ball but astute passing and ambition to get the ball wide. Oh why didn't Gatland & Co. show more desire to use the ball in attack. I thought we didn't have the 10 with the skills - I was wrong. 

Tight head is not only an issue for the Scarlets but Wales also. WillGriff John must have a very good chance of a 6 nations call up as Samson has not impressed, Francis could be touch and go for the start & Lewis is still a work in progress. Brown I think has a lot of improvement in him and certainly has the minerals - I know some on here don't rate him but Dean Ryan does and he has brought a French front rower in to work with him. 

Another beneficiary of Pivac's favoured style of play could be Aaron. Even with Faletau fit I can see him being in the match day 23 or even starting. Pivac loves, as we Scarlets fans do, his ability to get wide, his deceptive pace and superb lineout work. 
Cofi View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cofi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2019 at 8:15pm
I really would like to watch the game again but can't seem to access Ch4  catch up?
Jones2004 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jones2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2019 at 10:49pm
If you click on the following link you should be able to download the all4 app and watch it on that. Don’t know how it would work with a smart tv or any other device that isn’t an iphone.
henry_winkler View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Don’t believe a word......

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote henry_winkler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2019 at 11:35pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Yes thought Wyn looked great in open play and made intelligent decisions which some of our backs have failed to do often enough. Biggar is the shoe in starter for the 6 nations and frankly from someone who has not been his biggest fan that is some admission.

His performances which I have seen for Northampton this season under a gameplan set by Boyde, a very canny operator, have been superb. Not just the things we take for granted - brave defence, fabulous kicking game, superb goalkicking and effectiveness under the high ball but astute passing and ambition to get the ball wide. Oh why didn't Gatland & Co. show more desire to use the ball in attack. I thought we didn't have the 10 with the skills - I was wrong. 

Tight head is not only an issue for the Scarlets but Wales also. WillGriff John must have a very good chance of a 6 nations call up as Samson has not impressed, Francis could be touch and go for the start & Lewis is still a work in progress. Brown I think has a lot of improvement in him and certainly has the minerals - I know some on here don't rate him but Dean Ryan does and he has brought a French front rower in to work with him. 

Another beneficiary of Pivac's favoured style of play could be Aaron. Even with Faletau fit I can see him being in the match day 23 or even starting. Pivac loves, as we Scarlets fans do, his ability to get wide, his deceptive pace and superb lineout work. 

Another beneficiary of Pivac's play could be Faletau himself
Jones2004 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jones2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2019 at 3:11pm
Good piece here on why the atmosphere is so flat at the Wales games and what the WRU can do to improve it. The only thing I believe it fails to mention is the extraordinarily high ticket prices which leads to a much older demographic.
Cofi View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cofi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2019 at 7:43pm
Originally posted by Jones2004 Jones2004 wrote:

If you click on the following link you should be able to download the all4 app and watch it on that. Don’t know how it would work with a smart tv or any other device that isn’t an iphone.

Diolch! Worked a treat!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
  Share Topic