Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > FOR SALE / WANTED
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wales V England Tickets Wanted!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2017 at 10:13am
Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

Thanks Aber.

That's worth knowing.

Cheers

No problem - keep it in mind. 

As I get older, attendance becomes harder for the reasons given. I can no longer sleep on a friend's floor, as we used to do when students!

air bed?
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
Sponsored Links

aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2017 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by roy munster roy munster wrote:

Thanks Aber.

That's worth knowing.

Cheers

As I get older, attendance becomes harder for the reasons given. I can no longer sleep on a friend's floor, as we used to do when students!

air bed?

Haha! My back wouldn't take it....

My 'favourite' memory of all those years ago concerns a game Wales won (forget which one!)... in those days, the team stayed in the Angel Hotel, within spitting distance of the Arms Park... after a few shandies with my friends, we were wandering past the Angel when one of the boys suggested we try to get in to congratulate the team... with the insouciance of the really well-oiled, I boldly walked past the bouncers and into the dining room where the team were celebrating... spent some time there observing (probably congratulated a few players, but too far gone to remember) then discovered none of the others had made it past the guards... went back out, they'd all buggered off somewhere... including the guy with the floor... tried a few nearby pubs - no joy... to keep warm, had a late night curry which I ate really slowly... went to the station where some Spartans were sleeping on the floor... didn't fancy that (I've always liked my home comforts), so tried a few cars parked nearby - found one unlocked, got in and 'slept' (sort of) until morning, when I awoke with a layer of ice on the inside of the windows... caught train back to uni, played rugby for hall team in the pm.

Those were the days!
I share no-one's ideas. I have my own.
(Ivan Turgenev)
SospanMawr View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2017 at 5:59pm

Originally posted by roy munster roy munster wrote:

Thanks Aber.

That's worth knowing.

Cheers

air bed?

Haha! My back wouldn't take it....

My 'favourite' memory of all those years ago concerns a game Wales won (forget which one!)... in those days, the team stayed in the Angel Hotel, within spitting distance of the Arms Park... after a few shandies with my friends, we were wandering past the Angel when one of the boys suggested we try to get in to congratulate the team... with the insouciance of the really well-oiled, I boldly walked past the bouncers and into the dining room where the team were celebrating... spent some time there observing (probably congratulated a few players, but too far gone to remember) then discovered none of the others had made it past the guards... went back out, they'd all buggered off somewhere... including the guy with the floor... tried a few nearby pubs - no joy... to keep warm, had a late night curry which I ate really slowly... went to the station where some Spartans were sleeping on the floor... didn't fancy that (I've always liked my home comforts), so tried a few cars parked nearby - found one unlocked, got in and 'slept' (sort of) until morning, when I awoke with a layer of ice on the inside of the windows... caught train back to uni, played rugby for hall team in the pm.

Those were the days!
Now that is a fair story.
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2017 at 8:55am
Brilliant Aber!
Any offence taken on board is only a literate/cy consequence. Every attempt at humour is just that. No personal insult intended. Standards lowered for trolls.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic