Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wales v France Teams

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't blink

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2018 at 12:55pm
If all the Scarlets internationals were picked it would be a great team with no criticism for Gatland yes?
Sponsored Links

RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2018 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

If all the Scarlets internationals were picked it would be a great team with no criticism for Gatland yes?

we'd still get some dispute (wyn jones should be at 1, aled should start at 9 ) LOLLOL
Ffidel Bennett View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ffidel Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2018 at 1:15pm
How can he not pick Shingler to start? Most neutral rugby commentators have him as the stand out 6 of the whole tournament? Oh well what's an additional couple of million in prize money, it's obvious that the WRU are rolling in it from the ticket money and can pick an experimental side.
Sosban bach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sosban bach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2018 at 1:24pm
Cubby not even on bench what a surprise and shingler on bench is a joke.
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2018 at 1:28pm
Originally posted by SospanMawr SospanMawr wrote:

Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

So Cubby and Patch get released for Munster I assume?
Ps Biggar really needs to play the game and shut up.
Munster is next weekend (24th)
Oops . I am to eager 🤔 thanks for putting me right!
"I'd rather have been a judge than a miner.Being a miner,as soon as you are too old and tired and sick and stupid to do the job properly,you have to go.The very opposite applies with judges!"P.Cook
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2018 at 1:36pm
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

This is getting tiring now mate
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2018 at 1:48pm
gatland is a coward
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't blink

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2018 at 1:58pm
Hopefully the Scarlets players not involved can now rejoin the club and take part in training.
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2018 at 3:16pm
Originally posted by roy munster roy munster wrote:

gatland is a coward
gutless I was going to post but your post covers it.building for the world cup my arse
30th june 1986- 30th june 2011.25 years roofing,i wouldn't call that dodgy.
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2018 at 3:19pm
On the back row...
Originally posted by Gatland Gatland wrote:

I have had a chat with Aaron, he is unlucky. Happy with how the back row worked together last week. I thought Justin Tipuric was outstanding, Toby comes back in again and Josh Navidi has been great for us over the last six months.

On Samson...

Samson didn’t train at all last week. He had a virus, we felt that Tomas would retain that position and Samson get some time off the bench.
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2018 at 4:17pm
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

On the back row...
[QUOTE=Gatland]I have had a chat with Aaron, he is unlucky. Happy with how the back row worked together last week. I thought Justin Tipuric was outstanding, Toby comes back in again and Josh Navidi has been great for us over the last six months.

On Samson...

Samson didn’t train at all last week. He had a virus, we felt that Tomas would retain that position and Samson get some time off the bench.
[/QUOTE]
tips is ny 2nd fav and biggs is my number 1.so stuff the rest
30th june 1986- 30th june 2011.25 years roofing,i wouldn't call that dodgy.
rygbi11 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rygbi11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2018 at 5:48pm
Plenty of quality in that 23. IMO. Very strong 23, IMO.
Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2018 at 6:54pm
Just goes to prove what I said after the Scotland game and what Peter Jackson stated on scrum five. The coaches didn’t really want to pick so many Scarlets players for the Scotland game and to play the Scarlets way (sorry, I mean the Howley/Wales way), but their hands were tied by injuries to their preferred players. As those players have come back to fitness they have quickly been slotted back into the team at the expense of some of the Scarlets.
Today’s selection was just so predictable.
totallybiasedscarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote totallybiasedscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2018 at 8:05pm
What does anyone expect from Manwithrabbitinhead and Stan Laurel? They’re ultra conservative. I think of late they’ve felt the pressure because Wales seem to keep going backwards. A ducks ae of a defence is only any good if you also secue possession and use it to score points. This shambles have such a limited view of how to play the game they’ve utterly squandered the talent in their hands for the last 5 years. They were over dependent on Shane for creativity and once they dropped Priestland for Dan Chopsy Bighead they’ve had zero idea how to score more than the opposition. Sorry but it just doesn’t cut it against the best teams. You can’t restrict the likes of the All Blacks to less than 15 or so points by letting them have the ball and running at you and fanning out at each ruck. It got found out years ago.

If they were to have a school report it would read “Should have done better.” I honestly believe the Grand Slam was there for the taking this year. Neither England or Ireland have been particularly brilliant this year IMHO and I feel disappointed that we lost those games.
"If it's on, we back our skills and our confidence ... We've got some great players, play a good brand and we enjoy doing it." Ken Owens
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2018 at 12:09am
Gatland started with a bang he had a pretty good 5 years , he inherited a very talented squad....the next 5 have been a woeful waste of talent. Failing to beat aussies or all blacks and losing 50% of all matches...They've also been a period of gatlands gluttony , taking 2 full years out to go on 2 lions tours in the past 5 years totally disrupting the welsh team and set up and leaving his unqualified kronies at home to run the welsh team with this amateurish clique. 

Edited by roy munster - 16 March 2018 at 12:10am
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
Dafen Boy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dafen Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2018 at 12:27pm
Originally posted by roy munster roy munster wrote:

Gatland started with a bang he had a pretty good 5 years , he inherited a very talented squad....the next 5 have been a woeful waste of talent. Failing to beat aussies or all blacks and losing 50% of all matches...They've also been a period of gatlands gluttony , taking 2 full years out to go on 2 lions tours in the past 5 years totally disrupting the welsh team and set up and leaving his unqualified kronies at home to run the welsh team with this amateurish clique. 

Yes, he has gone stale and complacent.  Wasted some really good players.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic