Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wales v France

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wales v France
    Posted: 04 February 2020 at 8:19pm
Might well be interested in three, or two, tickets together should anyone in here become available.

We are over for the Kings match and as there’s no local rugby on that weekend, we need to rethink our Saturday.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Sponsored Links

GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2020 at 10:28am
See young Zammit still scoring tries for fun. That means North to start on the wing on Saturday I guess. 
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2020 at 10:47am
My team for France :-

15. Halfpenny 14. LRZ 13. Watkin 12. Parkes 11. Adams 10 Biggar 9. Cawdor
1. Wyn 2. Ryan 3. WGJ 4. Jake 5. AWJ 6. Hill 7. Tipuric 8. Faletau

16. Ken 17. Carre 18. Brown 19. Beard 20. Moriarty 21. Tomas 22. Evans 23. Jonny. 
Ffidel Bennett View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ffidel Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2020 at 12:08pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

16. Ken 17. Carre 18. Brown 19. Beard 20. Moriarty 21. Tomas 22. Evans 23. Jonny. 

But non of these are French qualified GPR?

After that pathetic attempted joke I have to agree completely with you starting selection although maybe I'd risk Will Rowlands in place of Beard.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2020 at 12:37pm
Originally posted by Ffidel Bennett Ffidel Bennett wrote:

But non of these are French qualified GPR?

After that pathetic attempted joke I have to agree completely with you starting selection although maybe I'd risk Will Rowlands in place of Beard.

Yes lets see Rowlands otherwise we will be none the wiser come the end of the 6 nations.
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2020 at 6:47am
bet sam davies is chuffed he chose the dragons over a big money move with all the talk of rhys being recalled.
Gate12 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gate12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2020 at 8:51am
I've always rated Rhys and thought he deserved less stick and more caps but we're hardly in a crisis situation where we've got no option but to bend the rules.
If Biggar doesn't make it we've got 2 10's who've played international rugby in the past year in Jarrod Evans and Sam Davies, if they're not going to get opportunities when players are injured then when are they going to get them.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2020 at 9:01am
Rhys is a very fine player. His case highlights the totally lunacy of trying to control where & how much a worker can earn. He is unavailable to Wales as he falls 10 caps short of the 60 cap rule. He was unable to return to Wales when his contract ended last season with Bath as no region offered him a contract. Perhaps someone would be kind enough to explain how that is good for Welsh rugby or even fair on the player. While your at it perhaps you could also explain to me why Rhys Webb is allowed to play and Priestland is not.

For sure Sam Davies is next in line & if Biggar is not fit will take his place on the bench. I wish him well. 
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2020 at 10:15am

Rhys is a very fine player. His case highlights the totally lunacy of trying to control where & how much a worker can earn. He is unavailable to Wales as he falls 10 caps short of the 60 cap rule. He was unable to return to Wales when his contract ended last season with Bath as no region offered him a contract. Perhaps someone would be kind enough to explain how that is good for Welsh rugby or even fair on the player. While your at it perhaps you could also explain to me why Rhys Webb is allowed to play and Priestland is not.

For sure Sam Davies is next in line & if Biggar is not fit will take his place on the bench. I wish him well. 
If we didn't have the 60 cap rule all four regions would be far far worse off than they are now. I'm not going to break trust and name players but I know of up to 20 players who turned down offers from England because of the 60 cap law while the likes of Moriarty certainly wouldn't have returned.

You have your opinion but the Scarlets would be significantly weaker without the 60 cap law. Welsh rugby is also not purely for the benefit of the player.
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2020 at 10:38am
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

If we didn't have the 60 cap rule all four regions would be far far worse off than they are now. I'm not going to break trust and name players but I know of up to 20 players who turned down offers from England because of the 60 cap law while the likes of Moriarty certainly wouldn't have returned.

You have your opinion but the Scarlets would be significantly weaker without the 60 cap law. Welsh rugby is also not purely for the benefit of the player.

I appreciate your point Steff which in fairness we have discussed at length. However whilst I accept that you & I have genuine differences of opinion, which is understandable, your response doesn't address the question/s I raised above. Without the player there is no Welsh rugby so they seem pretty important to me. 
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2020 at 11:04am
Lots of top tier rugby nations seem to have a limit similar to ours...can someone point out the specific differences?
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
Gate12 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gate12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2020 at 11:39am
Could debate for hours around the topic of the 60 cap rule but ultimately no-one is stopping any employee from moving to a new job to earn more money on different terms, if those terms mean they can't carry on doing their second job (i.e. playing for Wales) then that's a decision they have to make, just like I could earn 10% more in England and 30% more in the US, I would however have to make sacrifices, and that original job might not be there for me in a few years.

Companies pay what they can afford to pay without risking their business going under, rugby is no different.
Sosban89 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sosban89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2020 at 12:37pm
The worst decision that could be made in relation to the number 10 spot it playing Dan Biggar. 

You have a very experienced and talented player like Priestland. If you just want to win the game, he'd be the reliable player you turn to. 

If you see this 6 nations as a chance to blood some guys with less experience then you look to Evans or maybe Sam Davies. 

However choosing Biggar, fresh off the back of 3 concussions in a year to dive him straight in against France is just disgusting decision making that really doesn't say much for player welfare. Sure, they are confident by this weekend he will clear protocol, but a bit of common sense would suggest not to risk him. Look what happened to North. He kept clearing protocol and kept getting worse concussions. Same with H/P and Patchell and Blade. The second they clear them they are back, but clearly it doesn't really meant too much. 
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2020 at 5:21pm
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

I bet 19 of them are on the injured list,Wink
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2020 at 5:24pm
Some unsavoury comments coming out of the Welsh camp this week regarding the officiating of the scrum. Our own Wyn Jones has said he expects France to cheat at scrum time....

RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2020 at 11:54pm
Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

bet sam davies is chuffed he chose the dragons over a big money move with all the talk of rhys being recalled.
playing sam davies vs that french teAm would be crazy. They would either send that vakatawa at him all day or aldrit.  Sam just isn’t good enough in defence for games like this
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic