Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wales v Georgia Team

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2017 at 5:07pm
Like I said on here yesterday, cuthburt shouldn’t be anywhere near the squad let alone the starting 15, but with no tried and tested GN, LH and LW back 3 and the disappointment of yesterday’s performance I can see him getting the nod again. Centre again is a huge issue, with no JD I think the muppets will revert to JR and possibly Watkins, with DB at 10 and revert to warrenball again.
We are miles behind the Scots who play with style and seem to be finally building strength in key positions. It’s definitely the best way to go but wales are too far behind now and will not be able to catch up in time for the World Cup.
Sponsored Links

roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2017 at 5:22pm
Originally posted by Dai38 Dai38 wrote:

Gents, you can only play well with support, it was an awful game yesterday and I feel everyone is getting some form of criticism.

The pack lacked Pro 14 experience let alone international, Brown, Beard, Davies, Cross doubt if they have played much more than 40-50 times.

Sanjay made yardage, made a few half breaks but had no one there to carry on so looked as if he died with the ball, (I think only gave 1 penalty away)

I feel we should just forget about yesterday and deal with it as if it was a nightmare.

Like it or lump it Gatland has limited choices,

Webb will be in, I think Scott will be in, doubt if there will be any more changes, Not my side but lets hope we can do something.

They key to SBW brilliant offloads, is the support runners. The AB's have always thrived on having a plethora of brilliant off the ball runners. Remember the time they demolished us at wembley? sweet walter little kept running sideways with about 5 AB's running off him in all different directions. We didnt have a clue what to do and we still don't
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2017 at 7:52pm
I and not as pessimistic as some on here we are trying to play a more expansive game and picked a very makeshift side for yesterday and with decent ref would have been 20 points up at half time.
If we want to play the right way then we have to pick Priestland at ten it made me laugh yesterday when Biggar came on fist touch of ball he tried his up and under and catch trick (knocked it on )first time our full back had kicked all game second touch of the ball was a pass into touch trying to flick the ball on.
He not comfortable with expansive game but unfortunately Gatlands will pick him and Roberts next week and we will abandon the new approach.
having said that this is probably right time to play All Blacks if there is one as they are not on there best form and have a few players missing.
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
najbritcol View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote najbritcol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2017 at 7:53pm
Originally posted by Legendinmybathroom Legendinmybathroom wrote:

Like I said on here yesterday, cuthburt shouldn’t be anywhere near the squad let alone the starting 15, but with no tried and tested GN, LH and LW back 3 and the disappointment of yesterday’s performance I can see him getting the nod again. Centre again is a huge issue, with no JD I think the muppets will revert to JR and possibly Watkins, with DB at 10 and revert to warrenball again.
We are miles behind the Scots who play with style and seem to be finally building strength in key positions. It’s definitely the best way to go but wales are too far behind now and will not be able to catch up in time for the World Cup.

Now you're exaggerating.  They are improving, but still have a soft underbelly to them.  Remember, when was the last time they won in London, Cardiff or Paris?
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote najbritcol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2017 at 7:57pm
A bit of trivia: Wales have won almost as many times at Twickenham in the last decade as Scotland have in their entire history!  (Three times versus four).
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2017 at 8:10pm
Originally posted by najbritcol najbritcol wrote:

A bit of trivia: Wales have won almost as many times at Twickenham in the last decade as Scotland have in their entire history!  (Three times versus four).
Tongue
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2017 at 9:12pm
I’m not saying that Scotland are world betters and that we are suddenly a second tier side. What I’m saying is that i believe we should have started to change our style of play and blood more players last autumn, I think that it’s probably a little too late to change our plan of attack this close to the next World Cup.   I am saying that the other home unions have done so a lot earlier than us and are now starting to reap the benefits. I’m also saying that the Scottish backs looked like they knew what they were doing against the all blacks and that they all looked comfortable doing so (no mean feat against them), whereas the Welsh backs didn’t look comfortable with the new style at all yesterday and looked only marginally better against Australia last weekend - and that was with 5 Scarlets (if you include Liam) and a world class centre in JD who we are both going to miss terribly.
I hope and I’m sure that it will improve in time but you have to have the right personnel in the right positions and this current coaching team don’t seem to have the knack of picking the form players in the correct positions. You also need time for players to adjust and I do not think that they have enough time to do so.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote najbritcol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2017 at 9:29pm
Yes, those who claim that Wales are now a Tier Two team don't know what actual Tier Two teams are like.  Georgia, who are the best European team outside the 6N, would seriously struggle against any 6N first-string team (partly due to injuries and partly due to experimental selections, this was not even close to being one for Wales) apart from possibly Italy.  Also, although I didn't watch the Scotland-All Blacks match, from what I read the Scots made a number of handling errors too, especially when near the 5m line, and lost to a seven man NZ pack.  (This doesn't detract from the many good aspects of their performance, especially taking into account all their injuries, but still if Scotland and Wales were to meet tomorrow it would be close, to say the least).
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2017 at 9:32pm
Another way to look at it Scotland Ireland and England peaking too early World Cup in two years by which we should be right at top of game.
I'm trying to be positive.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote najbritcol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2017 at 9:33pm
As for the 'other Home Unions', second-string Ireland struggled against Fiji but for two penalties near the end of the match.  Only NZ and maybe England can thrash Tier Two teams even with severely weakened line-ups.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote najbritcol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2017 at 9:37pm
Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

Another way to look at it Scotland Ireland and England peaking too early World Cup in two years by which we should be right at top of game.
I'm trying to be positive.

Another way to look at it: Scotland haven't won any silverware since 1999 and yet now everyone's getting really excited about them.  Wales haven't won any silverware since 2013 and already people are saying they are also-rans.  Between 2004 and 2015, England didn't win any silverware either apart from the 6N in 2011 - they may have the potential to be the best in the world but they certainly don't always use it.  
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2017 at 10:06pm
The past has no relevance its how teams are playing now and in two years. A good example of this is your beloved Ospreys they did well in Pro12 years ago but they are bottom of league now and don't look Like getting any better.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote najbritcol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2017 at 10:14pm
Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

The past has no relevance its how teams are playing now and in two years. A good example of this is your beloved Ospreys they did well in Pro12 years ago but they are bottom of league now and don't look Like getting any better.

Yes and no.  The point about Scotland - and actually, in their own way, England - is that there have been lots of false dawns in the past, but when it comes to the big competitions they don't necessarily cut it.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote najbritcol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2017 at 10:23pm
Wales in the 2012 AIs were in many ways even more off-form than they are now, but went onto win the 6N just a few months later.  It is just wrong to write the team off like that.  (Btw, bookies still give Wales a higher chance of winning the 6N than either Scotland or France).
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote najbritcol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2017 at 10:25pm
Originally posted by najbritcol najbritcol wrote:

Wales in the 2012 AIs were in many ways even more off-form than they are now, but went onto win the 6N just a few months later.  It is just wrong to write the team off like that.  (Btw, bookies still give Wales a higher chance of winning the 6N than either Scotland or France).

SospanMawr View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2017 at 11:35pm
najbritcol - 6 of the last 8 posts are yours. Talking to yourself is the first sign of madness. Supporting the Ospreys is another.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910>
  Share Topic