Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wales v Tonga

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wales v Tonga
    Posted: 16 June 2017 at 6:51am
Wales are playing well but Sam Davies is missing kicks. 3-0 to Wales. 
Sponsored Links

coldith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coldith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2017 at 7:02am
Finally Cuthburt scores. But Sam missed the conversion
John View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2017 at 7:20am
8-3 at half time. Keep running this Tongan pack around and the win will come. And to kick off a regular debate on here, the referee hasn't got a clue about scrums
John View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2017 at 7:58am
11-6 after 60 minutes in a scrappy messy game. Ryan Elias is on- congratulations to him. 
John View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2017 at 8:23am
24-6 final score which reflects the game. Further congratulations to Wyn and Aled for their first caps.  
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2017 at 8:30am
24-6 FT

late penalty try to add to some penalties.

Caps for Ryan Elias - showed up well apart from one missed lineout and a very harsh (i.e. wrong) decision by the ref who saw a non-existent truck and trailer (Tonga were coming in the side at the same time!)... Aled Davies played a tidy 10 minutes for his cap, Wyn Jones added some grunt to a late scrum and the maul which led to the penalty try.

Steff did well in the first half - saw less of the ball later on. Scott - not his best game - dropped a couple of passes. Cawdor - did OK, some tidy box kicks, no obvious mistakes... Shingler - a lot of grunt work around the rucks.

As for the others - Sam Davies OK in general play, but poor goal kicking meant that it was a lot closer than it should have been until late on. Anscombe tidy overall. Cuthbert blew two chances but took his third chance well. Doc competitive as always.  Navidi had a decent game.

It's worth noting that a stat late on showed 7 turnovers to Tonga and only 6 to Wales. I wonder if the stats would have been different if Cubby had been in the team?
I share no-one's ideas. I have my own.
(Ivan Turgenev)
Mr Ian View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Ian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2017 at 8:37am
congratulations to all the Scarlets capped....
najbritcol View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote najbritcol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2017 at 8:41am
As usual, the attack was problematic - too much in the way of butterfingers and white line fever. On the other hand, to keep Tonga tryless was highly commendable for such an inexperienced team. Judging by the world rankings, nowadays there isn't much difference between Samoa and Tonga, although my main worry is that some of the more experienced Welsh players may shortly be called up to join the Lions.
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2017 at 8:46am
Originally posted by najbritcol najbritcol wrote:

As usual, the attack was problematic - too much in the way of butterfingers and white line fever. On the other hand, to keep Tonga tryless was highly commendable for such an inexperienced team. Judging by the world rankings, nowadays there isn't much difference between Samoa and Tonga, although my main worry is that some of the more experienced Welsh players may shortly be called up to join the Lions.

One thing that'll be different - it's likely to be blazing hot in Samoa, unlike the downpour at Eden Park. I expect as a result that forwards will be subbed a whole lot earlier than they were today.
I share no-one's ideas. I have my own.
(Ivan Turgenev)
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2017 at 10:41am
I thought it was reasonable all things considered, then I watched the all blacks and realised theyre playing a different sportGeekShocked
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
NobbySosban View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NobbySosban Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2017 at 10:48am
Didn't catch it all, but from what I saw the officiating looked a little lop-sided - like one of those training games when you ask the ref to ping everything (and sometimes even nothing) for the stronger team and let the opposition mostly get away with it. Wink

Bit of confusion over the Penalty Try conversion at the end, and shame Elias didn't get his debut try - Wales players didn't seem to know they were playing to the Southern Hemisphere trial Laws. Confused

Twitterer @ebenezer68
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2017 at 10:59am
That tackle on cory allen was crazy, how the heck wasnt that penalised
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
scarletman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Married with Kids - Close to Bankruptcy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote scarletman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2017 at 11:00am
Originally posted by NobbySosban NobbySosban wrote:

Didn't catch it all, but from what I saw the officiating looked a little lop-sided - like one of those training games when you ask the ref to ping everything (and sometimes even nothing) for the stronger team and let the opposition mostly get away with itWink

Bit of confusion over the Penalty Try conversion at the end, and shame Elias didn't get his debut try - Wales players didn't seem to know they were playing to the Southern Hemisphere trial Laws. Confused

And you'd be told by this ref where to get off your cloud ! Shocked
Herman Tours ... Still the best way to travel !
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2017 at 11:14am
Originally posted by roy munster roy munster wrote:

he used his arms and he tackled the chest area,
30th june 1986- 30th june 2011.25 years roofing,i wouldn't call that dodgy.
Sosban bach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sosban bach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2017 at 11:58am
Tackle seemed fine to me? Cory underestimated how hard these boys hit. Well looks like our scarlet boys have forgotten how to pass and catch. Anscombe had a great game at last! Cuthbert delivered like a winger should. Forwards didn't really give us much ball, centres were awful. Steff looked to run but wasn't given many tidy opportunities and made a few handling errors. Not a great show but it was a win with some new caps so will take that. Falling asleep in work today now.
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2017 at 12:07pm
Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

Originally posted by roy munster roy munster wrote:

he used his arms and he tackled the chest area,
He led with the shoulder though. I'm fairly certain that rightly or wrongly a NH ref would have carded him
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic