Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Warburton to miss all of Wales's AI Tests

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2017 at 9:39am
Boyd as an outsider !!!!!!
Be careful when you pick up the stick.........IT MAY BE THE WRONG END!!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links

aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2017 at 9:44am
Originally posted by Dai38 Dai38 wrote:

He must be in with a chance, given all the injuries.
I share no-one's ideas. I have my own.
(Ivan Turgenev)
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2017 at 10:18am
I always think the AIs should be about blooding some youngsters, I'd rather blood a couple in each game (say the likes of Boyde) during them than chuck them into a 6N match if required due to injury.
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2017 at 3:39pm

I think Navidi and Ollie Griffiths will be ahead of him. They shouldnt, but they were for the Welsh tour and the current set up enjoy calling players familiar to them. 

Not sure of any of these are carrying injuries at the moment but back row options for AI IMO: 
Faletau, Morriarty, Lydiate, King, Griffiths, Navidi, Young and Seb Davies as lock/flanker. 

Shingler simply wont be picked unless theres a serious injury crisis of the above.
Boyde should have been on the summer tour but for whatever reason, not even looked at. 

Dai38 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2017 at 3:47pm
I was told that Boyd was next on the list for the summer tour before Cubby, a close call with Shingler, before the later got called up.

Cubby I feel has really upset the management with his direct and indirect quotes, really sad.
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2017 at 3:56pm
Originally posted by PE SA PE SA wrote:

I think Navidi and Ollie Griffiths will be ahead of him. They shouldnt, but they were for the Welsh tour and the current set up enjoy calling players familiar to them. 

Not sure of any of these are carrying injuries at the moment but back row options for AI IMO: 
Faletau, Morriarty, Lydiate, King, Griffiths, Navidi, Young and Seb Davies as lock/flanker. 

Shingler simply wont be picked unless theres a serious injury crisis of the above.
Boyde should have been on the summer tour but for whatever reason, not even looked at. 

Ollie Griffiths is a terrific prospect in all fairness and should be in the squad
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2017 at 4:16pm
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Ollie Griffiths is a terrific prospect in all fairness and should be in the squad

I agree, but I would say that Shingler is actually performing now !!!
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2017 at 4:43pm
Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

Yes Ollie Griffiths is an excellent player. He will get to the top. I would select the following for the AI's given the current injury situation :-

Tips, Moriarty, Falatau, Young, Griffiths & Shingler.
Dai38 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2017 at 4:54pm
I honestly thought that Moriarty & Young are both doubtful, and will not be back for a while. Can't remember which publication I read it on, which makes things difficult for the Management, the publication had Navidi,Shingler.Tips,Falatau,& Griffiths, with a.n.other, and amongst the names were casing the last spot was Cracknell, & Sam Lewis from Worcester.

I put it down to old age that I can't remember.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2017 at 5:04pm

I honestly thought that Moriarty & Young are both doubtful, and will not be back for a while. Can't remember which publication I read it on, which makes things difficult for the Management, the publication had Navidi,Shingler.Tips,Falatau,& Griffiths, with a.n.other, and amongst the names were casing the last spot was Cracknell, & Sam Lewis from Worcester.

I put it down to old age that I can't remember.

You are correct about Moriarty certainly. Come to think of it I noted that Young was not involved in the opening games for Wasps so you may well be correct on both counts. I guess Gatland is keeping his fingers crossed that Lydiate gets up to speed quickly & that he has no more injuries. If Young & Moriarty are out I would go with Tips, Griffiths, Shingler, Faletau, Cracknell & Boyde. Its a big ask for Lydiate to get back to his best that quickly. 
ScarletSpiderman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletSpiderman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2017 at 6:31pm
They'll look at Dai Young's lad, Cracknell and Griffiths before Boyde. They really shouldn't but they will.
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2017 at 6:54pm
Lewis Ludlow as been outstanding up at Gloucester and his Welsh qualified depending on if he opts for England or Wales ?

scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2017 at 10:24pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Yes Ollie Griffiths is an excellent player. He will get to the top. I would select the following for the AI's given the current injury situation :-

I'd go along with that
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2017 at 8:34am
The welsh management seem to run the selection like some jim hackers bungled burocratic department....Why do they always over complicate it all with stupid rules ? Not to forget petty grudges or even nepotism...Its simple PICK THE BEST TEAM BASED ON FORM NOT REPUTATION.
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2017 at 9:18am

Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

I'd go along with that
Most would go with that - close call between Boyde and Griffiths but IMO Boyde should have the edge after being exposed to higher class games in Champions Cup...not that thats a difference these days for the Welsh coaches...I also see them picking fit again Lydiate over Shingler who again, the Welsh set up simply do not like for whatever reason. 
ScarletSpiderman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletSpiderman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2017 at 9:32am
Originally posted by 157cb 157cb wrote:

Lewis Ludlow as been outstanding up at Gloucester and his Welsh qualified depending on if he opts for England or Wales ?

To be honest with the whole exile recruitment drive (Turner and Kingsley) from the WRU I wouldn't be shocked it the 'suprise' names in the Welsh squad are all english lads with welsh nans.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic