Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welsh Sports personality of the year

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote coldith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Welsh Sports personality of the year
    Posted: 04 December 2017 at 9:25pm
Great to see the Scarlets team shortlisted for team of the year, and also Wayne Pivac for coach of the year. All this along with Foxy who’s up for the Sports Personality of the Year award.
Sponsored Links

coldith View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coldith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2017 at 9:40pm
Massive congratulations Foxy on being voted Welsh Sports Personality of the Year
Scarletstarch View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarletstarch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2017 at 9:42pm
Congratulations Foxy, well deserved! ClapBeer
"YMA O HYD"
Rob o'r Bont View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Optimist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob o'r Bont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2017 at 9:46pm
Marvellous news.  Clap
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
swissscarlets View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swissscarlets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2017 at 9:54pm
Well done Foxy
west is best.
ExileTom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExileTom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2017 at 9:57pm
Congratulations Foxy
M.M. View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M.M. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2017 at 10:00pm
Llongyfarchiadau Foxy
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2017 at 1:23am
ahh marvellous  Clap recovery seems on target too...Arent his parents blinking lovely too...dads highlight was the lions and mams answer about her highlight of the year seeing her boys together in dublin winning the cup for the scarletsTongue

ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
Dafen Boy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dafen Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2017 at 3:16am
Originally posted by roy munster roy munster wrote:

ahh marvellous  Clap recovery seems on target too...Arent his parents blinking lovely too...dads highlight was the lions and mams answer about her highlight of the year seeing her boys together in dublin winning the cup for the scarletsTongue

Welsh Mams always know best..Thumbs Up
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2017 at 5:13am
Originally posted by coldith coldith wrote:

Great to see the Scarlets team shortlisted for team of the year, and also Wayne Pivac for coach of the year. All this along with Foxy who’s up for the Sports Personality of the Year award.

Llongyfarchiadau i Jon am ennill y tlws... well deserved... it's always harder for players in team sports to win these things, because they are only one of many in a team who need to perform in order to win.

That last point brings me to ask why the Scarlets didn't win team of the year? I suppose those in charge didn't want all the trophies ending up at y Parc - Wayne should have won too! There's been discussion on here about Wales (rugby) picking non-Welsh players, but as far as I know most ice hockey players come from North America (correct me if I'm wrong), so to award the team trophy to Cardiff Devils seems a bit 'off'.

Who did win coach of the year, BTW?
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
LLANDRE View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LLANDRE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2017 at 9:33am
The second Scarlet to win the award. Somebody called Phil Bennett won it in 1977. A proud day for Bancyfelin with Geraint Thomas in the running too. Geraints father is a Bancyfelin man.
West is Best (Fin gwybod)
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2017 at 10:26am
yes foxy. superb achievement.
supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2017 at 10:31am
Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

Llongyfarchiadau i Jon am ennill y tlws... well deserved... it's always harder for players in team sports to win these things, because they are only one of many in a team who need to perform in order to win.

That last point brings me to ask why the Scarlets didn't win team of the year? I suppose those in charge didn't want all the trophies ending up at y Parc - Wayne should have won too! There's been discussion on here about Wales (rugby) picking non-Welsh players, but as far as I know most ice hockey players come from North America (correct me if I'm wrong), so to award the team trophy to Cardiff Devils seems a bit 'off'.

Yes tend to agree, surely our achievement and the manner of it justified a team award. Can't win everything I guess or the Ospreys will be trying to sign it for next season... LOL
Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872
supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2017 at 10:35am
Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

Coach of the year was Christian Malcolm :-

From BBC - Ex-Olympic and Commonwealth Games sprinter Christian Malcolm was named coach of the year after overseeing Great Britain's men taking gold and a European record in the World Championships.
Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2017 at 2:11pm
Originally posted by LLANDRE LLANDRE wrote:

The second Scarlet to win the award. Somebody called Phil Bennett won it in 1977. A proud day for Bancyfelin with Geraint Thomas in the running too. Geraints father is a Bancyfelin man.

Really? There must be something in the water there - Geraint has achieved an awful lot in cycling - his win at the Commonwealth Games was amazing, especially as he had a puncture a few miles from home, but still crossed the line with time to spare.
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic