Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welsh squad

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote llwynbedw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Welsh squad
    Posted: 27 September 2004 at 1:41pm

The Welsh squad for autumn internationals has been announced but i didn't hear all the names. Anybody hear it?

Sponsored Links

John View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2004 at 1:44pm
Four scarlets in it- Iestyn Thomas, Daff Jones, Dwayne Peel and Mark Taylor. The latter's inclusion shows that nothing much has changed, even Gareth llewellyn has to return from Narbonne. And for an early season squad its small.   
Beefs army View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beefs army Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2004 at 1:48pm
WALES TRAINING SQUAD FOR AUTUMN TESTS

Backs: Full-backs/wings: G Thomas (Toulouse), S Williams (Ospreys), R Williams (Cardiff Blues), C Morgan (Cardiff Blues). Centres: M Taylor (Llanelli Scarlets), G Henson (Ospreys), S Parker (Ospreys), T Shanklin (Cardiff Blues). Outside-halves: S Jones (Montferrand), C Sweeney (Newport Gwent Dragons). Scrum-halves: D Peel (Llanelli Scarlets), G Cooper (Newport Gwent Dragons).
Forwards: Props: Duncan Jones (Ospreys), I Thomas (Llanelli Scarlets), G Jenkins (Cardiff Blues), A Jones (Ospreys). Hookers: G Williams (Cardiff Blues), M Davies (Neath). Locks: B billybain (Ospreys), M Owen (Newport Gwent Dragons), L Charteris (Newport Gwent Dragons), G Llewellyn (Narbonne), R Sidoli (Cardiff Blues). Backrow: J Thomas (Ospreys), Dafydd Jones (Llanelli Scarlets), C Charvis (Newcastle), M Williams (Cardiff Blues), R Jones (Ospreys), A Popham (Leeds).

yedarts View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yedarts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2004 at 2:18pm
Dafydd Jones can count himself as lucky. Taylor ahead of MJW?! The only form pick appears to be Ryan Jones.
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2004 at 3:43pm

agree yedarts

does anyone else agree, henson deserves a place.  i reckon he's one of the best players in the league.

Boynsmun View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boynsmun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2004 at 3:56pm
Certainly is this season Jarr - I'd be surprised if Mark Taylor gets a look in anyway x
yedarts View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yedarts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2004 at 4:09pm
Personally I'd play Henson at 10. There's nothing which Stephen Jones offers which Henson doesn't. He's an excellent kicker both at goal and from hand. Playing him at 10 would allow us to pick both Shanklin and Parker. Both of whom are playing very well at the moment.
MikeM View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2004 at 4:25pm
Gareth Llewellyn ???? Give me a break please.
Through Thick And Thin!
Born-and-Bred View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Born-and-Bred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2004 at 4:49pm
I'm very pleased to see the lack of Scarlets in the Welsh squad. It'll give our boys those few extra games to gel and get together as a unit for the cup. To see Mark Taylor there is good as it gets him away from Stradey for a while. How Dwayne is there I'll never know. He hasn't played this year! and Dafydd hasn't found his form yet! This squad seems to have been picked on history, not current form, though it is good to see the heavy Osprey influence - they deserve it!
Boynsmun View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boynsmun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2004 at 6:22pm
Originally posted by Born-and-Bred Born-and-Bred wrote:

I'm very pleased to see the lack of Scarlets in the Welsh squad. It'll give our boys those few extra games to gel and get together as a unit for the cup. To see Mark Taylor there is good as it gets him away from Stradey for a while. !

Excellent points! Not that they'd occurred to me but couldn't agree more! xx
Pan handle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
"These gloves are sh*t, man."

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pan handle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2004 at 6:27pm

Originally posted by Boynsmun Boynsmun wrote:

Originally posted by Born-and-Bred Born-and-Bred wrote:

I'm very pleased to see the lack of Scarlets in the Welsh squad. It'll give our boys those few extra games to gel and get together as a unit for the cup. To see Mark Taylor there is good as it gets him away from Stradey for a while. !

Excellent points! Not that they'd occurred to me but couldn't agree more! xx

Leaves another centre down though, and as much as i hate to say this Mark does a much better job in the centre than Finau.

redeyes View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redeyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2004 at 7:32pm
taylor and llewellyn, thats really building for the future isnt it!
The stadium may change, but the dream will remain the same!

rich jones View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rich jones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2004 at 7:43pm
Id like to see Chris Wyatt in the team. Personally id drop Brent billybain and Gareth Llewelyn.
rich jones
bin laden View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
THE TROPHY CABINET IS OPEN FOR BUSINESS

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bin laden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2004 at 8:23pm
wow we are moving forward.
Yes,I am back with a stewards view on things.

redeyes View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redeyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2004 at 9:13pm
i've got to say i'm not as interested in the national side as i once was.
The stadium may change, but the dream will remain the same!

Scarletprincess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarletprincess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2004 at 9:16pm

WELL DONE MARK TAYLOR !!!! for all you who are suprised and are unable to praise him for achieving something every welsh player would love to achieve , good on him go for it you deserve it !!!!!!!!! Oh and well done daf, iestyn and dwayne

Edited by Scarletprincess
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic