Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

what a waste of a weekend?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2017 at 8:08pm
Have to say, lack of quantity made up for with quality. Three really enjoyable games in Gloucester vs La Rochelle, Clermont vs Leinster and especially Bath vs Stade. Plus an enthralling physical encounter in Munster vs Sarries.
Sponsored Links

Dai38 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2017 at 8:10pm
I feel Sarries were very good especially in the 2nd half.

I wonder how we would have performed.
Be careful when you pick up the stick.........IT MAY BE THE WRONG END!!!!!!!!!!
najbritcol View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote najbritcol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2017 at 8:26pm
Originally posted by Dai38 Dai38 wrote:

I feel Sarries were very good especially in the 2nd half.

I wonder how we would have performed.

Well, Scarlets are the only team who were able to at least draw with Saracens during their last dozen or so European matches. We should be proud.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2017 at 9:34pm
I believe Saracens are now unbeaten in 18 or so!!!! I have probably seen at least 14 of those games & can honestly say that we were the only side, apart from Racing in a semi I think, who actually deserved to beat them. That is some achievement. They are a very good side. 
najbritcol View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote najbritcol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2017 at 9:44pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

I believe Saracens are now unbeaten in 18 or so!!!! I have probably seen at least 14 of those games & can honestly say that we were the only side, apart from Racing in a semi I think, who actually deserved to beat them. That is some achievement. They are a very good side. 

Yes, when people claim the Scarlets are a very average side, we should remind them that they were a lot more competitive against Saracens than Munster and especially Glasgow were.
greypower1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greypower1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2017 at 9:48pm
Premiership and Top 14 have got European rugby all sewn up for the foreseeable future. Huge forwards, Huge squads of international players and huge budgets. Only the Irish Regions have any chance of the occasional challenge but without loads of foreign stars they are unlikely to win the top competition again.
Keep the faith
Dai38 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 10:38am
I think while we played very well against the Sarries, and should have won, they did have what could be called a "weakened" squad, I think there were 8 changes from the Scarlet match squad to last Saturday, and the starting 15 was stronger.

This again shows how much money is in the club, while players of the calibre of Brits & Burger are on the bench.

There brand of rugby can at times be boring, but I bet most Scarlets supporters could suffer that to win silverware, but one strength we have that they do not is we have a great deal of local players in the squad, so be it.

Be careful when you pick up the stick.........IT MAY BE THE WRONG END!!!!!!!!!!
Mundoscarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mundoscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 11:30am
But my argument to that is, the amount of crazy money spent means their 2 nd 15 should be close to their 1st in quality
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 11:41am
I am in no doubt that we were very competitive that day against a full on Saracens team. They used to be pretty one dimensional but have added a far greater attacking edge the last two seasons. To be fair against Munster they created 5 clear cut try scoring chances & only took 2. I can't see Clermont beating them much as I would like them to win it at last. 
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7 hours 56 minutes ago at 7:32am
The Sarries side that beat Northampton at Milton Keynes a couple of weeks ago was much weaker than the one we played in The RCC in January. Also Saints were at full strength.
Any offence taken on board is only a literate/cy consequence. Every attempt at humour is just that. No personal insult intended. Standards lowered for trolls.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic