Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What happened to Dorian Williams?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What happened to Dorian Williams?
    Posted: 24 April 2008 at 8:47pm
???

Can't really remember what he was like but seem to recollect he put in a few solid performances...
Cartref newydd, Stadiwm newydd, Penod newydd, Yr un freuddwyd.

"Does na unman yn debyg i adra, ond mae adra'n debyg iawn i 'chdi."

All statements-My opinions
Sponsored Links

AB2008 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AB2008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2008 at 8:53pm
http://www.london-welsh.co.uk/playerprofile.aspx?playerID=56

Along with

Paul Mackey
Tom marks
Jonathan Mills

Alun View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2008 at 8:59pm
Interesting, but WHY did we let him go???

Played for Wales age groups. Wasted.

cymruambyth_23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cymruambyth_23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2008 at 9:28pm
Yeah but this also goes for most the guys leaving at the end of this year - they have either been capped at junior or senior levels. But I suppose as most people keep suggesting on here they're just not good enough to play for the Scarlets anymore.
Micro Duck View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Micro Duck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2008 at 9:41pm
Because he was rubbish Alun.
rolly View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2008 at 9:43pm
for god sake . people on here moan that we dont sign world class players then you say dorian williams has been wasted . no offence to the boy but he wasnt up to it .
Alun View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2008 at 10:12pm
Originally posted by rolly rolly wrote:

for god sake . people on here moan that we dont sign world class players then you say dorian williams has been wasted . no offence to the boy but he wasnt up to it .

Haven't moaned about that once thank you very much.

lofty evans View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2008 at 10:21pm
I dont think i have ever moaned, well maybe once or twice
In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
steveiboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steveiboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2008 at 11:37pm
Dorian williams used to commentate on show jumping, but that was afew years ago mind
GA PLUM View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GA PLUM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2008 at 11:50pm
Originally posted by Alun Alun wrote:

We let him go because he wasnt up to standard. Anyway he wasnt really with us, he was with Llandovery and was drafted to the scarlets as they had a prop shortage.

And what has, 'he played for wales age groups' got to do with it?? So has half off the players in the welsh premiership, doesnt mean they should get a contract.

Dan the Drover View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan the Drover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2008 at 8:29am
Originally posted by GA PLUM GA PLUM wrote:

We let him go because he wasnt up to standard.

There's a STANDARD?  Anyway, I doubt he was ever contracted to the Scarlets, so it wouldn't be a case of "letting him go".

I guess the Scarlets believed they could do better, and they were right.  There is a middle ground between "absolute rubbish" and "overlooked gem", and Dorian (along with most players) is right in there.  Perhaps he was never totally committed to being a full-time professional, and nowadays I guess that's something you have to decide very early in your career.  He might have been good enough, but he wasn't so talented that professional clubs would go out of their way to persuade him to drop his day job.

But lets not forget he was in the side that beat Wasps, and he was delighted to help out the Scarlets and Llanelli on several occasions.  Normal people might be grateful for that.
TonduTurk View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
"Views my own"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonduTurk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2008 at 8:56am

UNBELIEVABLE !!!

you really havent got a clue have you
Sam Cheese View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sam Cheese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2008 at 12:18pm
Did he remain the same age, while his portrait in the attic got older?
You will know the vengeance of the Lord Humungus! I promise you... nobody... nobody... gets out of here alive!
multinational View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote multinational Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2008 at 12:27pm
Originally posted by TonduTurk TonduTurk wrote:

UNBELIEVABLE !!!

you really havent got a clue have you

Are we going to trawl the other region's players that represented Wales at 'age levels' that haven't made it??? The turnover of players at the junior levels for Wales is phenominal and never represents the 'quality' players within the country. Its only those that continue their development into SENIOR rugby that can be considered wasted!

Dorian was never anywhere near good enough.
History, despite its wrenching pain, cannot be unlived, but if faced with courage, need not be lived again.
Endeavour View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Endeavour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2008 at 6:24pm
Originally posted by Sam Cheese Sam Cheese wrote:

Did he remain the same age, while his portrait in the attic got older?
An educated man!!!Clap
Strenuis Ardua Cedunt
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic