Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

When?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2017 at 9:19am
Plus imagine the trickle down effect of our success with style amongst the playing world.

Huge catalyst for us to capitalise on field status by a strong showing with the commercials and financials going forward.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Sponsored Links

aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2017 at 9:53am
Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Just seen that next season's European Cup final in in Bilbao...in time honoured tradition I've been looking at hotels.
Did you find any bargains?

There seems to have been quite an exercise in pre-booking and price ramping.

This is a sad development in the modern game.

It is not all that long ago that it was still possible to book a decent B&B in Cathedral Road to spend the night after a Wales international. Nowadays, you can go on a website the same day as the fixtures are released, only to find no availability.

I'm pretty sure it works like this: the powers that be have a hand-in-glove relationship with so-called 'hospitality' firms, who sell packages of ticket + room at vastly inflated prices, with a % finding its way back to the WRU. If that is NOT the case, then it's even worse... it would mean that none of the excess profits go back into rugby.

“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
Llanelliman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Llanelliman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2017 at 9:58am
I know that there are highlights from BBC and Sky of the Final - Munster v Scarlets - on YouTube, and that you can still watch the full match on 'catch up' on BBC iPlayer.                                                                   But "When ?" will there be a FULL MATCH upload of the Pro12 Final available on YouTube?
Made in Seaside, Llanelli
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2017 at 1:30pm

Just seen that next season's European Cup final in in Bilbao...in time honoured tradition I've been looking at hotels.

Tell you what guys, after experiencing it first hand for the final in Dublin, i can highly recomend, just getting a tent and finding a camp site.

Brilliant experience. Cheap as chips.

dublin cost 4 of us £135 each including match ticket.

Bilbao? ride  on a bikedown with a 1 man tent easy.
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2017 at 1:30pm
oh and it would be just like us to finally get to a final when it is so far away.

We dont do things by halves see.
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2017 at 2:35pm
Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

This is a sad development in the modern game.

It is not all that long ago that it was still possible to book a decent B&B in Cathedral Road to spend the night after a Wales international. Nowadays, you can go on a website the same day as the fixtures are released, only to find no availability.

I'm pretty sure it works like this: the powers that be have a hand-in-glove relationship with so-called 'hospitality' firms, who sell packages of ticket + room at vastly inflated prices, with a % finding its way back to the WRU. If that is NOT the case, then it's even worse... it would mean that none of the excess profits go back into rugby.

Had this experience last year when my partner fancied going to see Lionel Richie at the Liberty. The only tickets I was able to find offered a ticket and a hotel room. Think the price was about £200. Galling as I live 5 mins by car from the Liberty ! Why would I want a hotel room ????

No silly suggestions please WinkWinkWink

Edited by ap sior - 04 June 2017 at 2:35pm
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2017 at 3:11pm
Ladram is poised to pounce.....
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2017 at 5:24pm

Ladram is poised to pounce.....
been to a wedding in devon,feel free to pounce on my behalf wil i'm knackered.Big smile
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2017 at 5:38pm
Up All night long ?
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2017 at 5:53pm

Up All night long ?

Who knows Wil, perhaps he was three times (with) a lady
Dafen Boy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dafen Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2017 at 7:19pm
Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

Up All night long ?

Who knows Wil, perhaps he was three times (with) a lady

As was said to me last week, "Was it your parents' wedding?"Smile
Turkpower View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turkpower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2017 at 7:32pm
Can get a Mini-cruise from Portsmouth to Santander(36 hours). Short journey to Bilbao.
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2017 at 8:47pm
Originally posted by Turkpower Turkpower wrote:

Can get a Mini-cruise from Portsmouth to Santander(36 hours). Short journey to Bilbao.
Some boats go to Bilbao as well, I think. Ferry timetable out probably in early Oct, if not sooner. A nice option to take if the sailings fit.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Exkixu View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Exkixu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2017 at 9:17pm

Originally posted by Turkpower Turkpower wrote:

Some boats go to Bilbao as well, I think. Ferry timetable out probably in early Oct, if not sooner. A nice option to take if the sailings fit.

Yup, the one from Plymouth.
There are flights to Santander and Biarritz (about 90 min drive) as well or straight to Bilbao from London is also an option.
1 Xavier Rush   2 Rhys Priestland   3 David Lyons   Cardiff Blues - Scarlets, 26/09/09      

More carries than any of our forwards. Priestland Fan Club Proud Member
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2017 at 12:55pm
Originally posted by Speedy Speedy wrote:

oh and it would be just like us to finally get to a final when it is so far away.

We dont do things by halves see.

Season ticket for the new season Speedy?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic