Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Will Gruff John

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caucaunibuca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2020 at 3:47pm
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

if Francis doesn't sign for a welsh region he becomes ineligible  for wales, so odds are both lee and wgj will be in the test squad

I previously read that Chiefs have found a loophole whereby they keep extending Francis original contract and amend terms etc.

So it means he can stay in England as long as he stays with Chiefs.
"Just grab the ball and fly, think you can fly" - Rupeni Caucaunibuca (advising Joe Rokocoko before his first game for the Auckland Blues)
Sponsored Links

scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2020 at 6:57pm
Originally posted by caucaunibuca caucaunibuca wrote:

if Francis doesn't sign for a welsh region he becomes ineligible  for wales, so odds are both lee and wgj will be in the test squad

I previously read that Chiefs have found a loophole whereby they keep extending Francis original contract and amend terms etc.

So it means he can stay in England as long as he stays with Chiefs.
That’s not true. Francis is on record saying he is likely to return to Wales. There is no loophole 
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2020 at 8:07pm
Wherea francis going the drags?
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2020 at 9:03pm

Wherea francis going the drags?
No
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
Mogwen View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mogwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2020 at 9:07pm
Ospreys would be my bet. They havent got a top TH
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2020 at 11:14pm
He’s never played in Wales has he, in the context of returning to Wales 🤔
ScarletBear View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2020 at 12:20am
Rumour# 328172656
Scarlets before Wales
tannerbankboy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tannerbankboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2020 at 9:38pm
I don't see how we benefit signing another Welsh squad member.  He's not starting and just holding tackle bags anyway and not released to get game time at the moment.  If we sign him we lose our first and second choice front rows for half the season.  We'd be better off with a solid journeyman available all season.
Dic Penderyn View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dic Penderyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2020 at 9:42pm
Originally posted by tannerbankboy tannerbankboy wrote:

I don't see how we benefit signing another Welsh squad member.  He's not starting and just holding tackle bags anyway and not released to get game time at the moment.  If we sign him we lose our first and second choice front rows for half the season.  We'd be better off with a solid journeyman available all season.
Agreed.Then again,the club seems to exist at the moment simply as a vehicle to progress the careers of a few individuals,so they may as well sign him.Sign anyone,at the moment it doesn't matter,it just doesn't matter.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic