Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Will the pro 14 be cancelled due to Covid - 19

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2020 at 9:24am
Originally posted by Huwbach Huwbach wrote:

It’s not just match scheduling it’s the disruption to training, players spending time in the gym etc. I’d say this season is a goner. 
Can't remember which but I saw a player tweet about having a "mini preseason" according to their coach
We're still still here!
Sponsored Links

RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2020 at 10:19am
The other option is to null and void the season and every one goes back into the european competions they were last year. No so good!!
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2020 at 10:38am
the fact that the government are talking about telling over 70's to self isolate for 4 months suggests to me that next season could be at threat.
30th june 1986- 30th june 2011.25 years roofing,i wouldn't call that dodgy.
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2020 at 10:58am
Huge turn around from carry on as normal last week to this now!!
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2020 at 11:01am
I don't think we are being told the whole story,but boris and his family will have access to top healthcare,
30th june 1986- 30th june 2011.25 years roofing,i wouldn't call that dodgy.
whataguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whataguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2020 at 11:52am
The last time sport was cancelled to this extent was WWII

Welcome to WWIII

God bless you all🙏

SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't blink

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2020 at 5:03pm
Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

the fact that the government are talking about telling over 70's to self isolate for 4 months suggests to me that next season could be at threat.

And that’s the thing pal. People should be concerned with the elderly not moaning they have no sport to watch (not exclusively on this thread) on the weekend. It’s scary how people still aren’t taking Coronavirus seriously. 
Sosban89 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sosban89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2020 at 5:58pm
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

And that’s the thing pal. People should be concerned with the elderly not moaning they have no sport to watch (not exclusively on this thread) on the weekend. It’s scary how people still aren’t taking Coronavirus seriously. 

Sometimes its nice to get away from the talk of this virus. Literally every channel, every work conversation, every post on a sports forum features it. 

Maybe its not people not taking it seriously, but not wanting to drone on about it. Yes we all know what it is, what it does but we go on a forum to express opinions about something else. 
tannerbankboy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tannerbankboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2020 at 7:13pm
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

The other option is to null and void the season and every one goes back into the european competions they were last year. No so good!!

This the most practical solution.

If the season is extended into the summer I don't see the WRU cancelling the NZ tour and we lose half our squad for vital games. There would be ructions over that.
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2020 at 7:44pm
Originally posted by tannerbankboy tannerbankboy wrote:

If the season is extended into the summer I don't see the WRU cancelling the NZ tour and we lose half our squad for vital games. There would be ructions over that.

New Zealand as a 2 week quarantine in place already for all visitors .

I would say the WRU will not have any sayin it ...
Rob o'r Bont View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Optimist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob o'r Bont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2020 at 7:45pm

On the face of it, this is possibly the most sensible and fairest solution.

On the positive side, the players get plenty of time to recover from injuries and we might possibly have a full fit squad to start next season.
That's the Scarlets, its in their DNA.
SAV View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SAV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2020 at 7:46pm
Are you ok Mark , how can you cope without now rugby . Sav 
as all the coaches left stradey , bound for nottingham , a sign on the m4 at hendy said , please can the last person close the door behind them , memories
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2020 at 8:17pm
Originally posted by SAV SAV wrote:

Are you ok Mark , how can you cope without now rugby . Sav 

I am good Sav, you ? I have plenty of rugby on my Sky planner, many games not Scarlets not seen as yet.

There also plenty of Scarlets games to watch on the planner and vintage games on you tube .
tannerbankboy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tannerbankboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2020 at 8:25pm
Originally posted by 157cb 157cb wrote:

Originally posted by tannerbankboy tannerbankboy wrote:

New Zealand as a 2 week quarantine in place already for all visitors .

I would say the WRU will not have any sayin it ...

July is a long way off yet
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2020 at 9:29pm
I don’t think well see any rugby till september tbh. No one on This thread is Saying the virus is not serious or saying rugby is more important, we are just discussing what will happen with regards to rugby. Clearly peoples lives and health come first and please god no one here gets affected by this awful virus 👍👍
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2020 at 10:04pm
There is also the added problem that players will not have trained worked out together together during the enforced postponement period although that may also apply to the AB’s so it even it out in fitness terms 🤔 
"I'd rather have been a judge than a miner.Being a miner,as soon as you are too old and tired and sick and stupid to do the job properly,you have to go.The very opposite applies with judges!"P.Cook
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic