Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Will the Scarlets make up most of Team Wales?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2017 at 9:25am
Originally posted by PE SA PE SA wrote:

cant see past a side of:
15. Halfpenny
14. Sanjay
13. Foxy
12. Roberts
11. North
10. Biggar
9. Webb
8. Warburton
7. Navidi
6. Morriarity
5. AWJ
4. Ball
3. Francis
2. Ken
1. Rob Evs
What makes you think he will select Navidi ahead of Tipuric and Young?
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
Sponsored Links

Exkixu View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Exkixu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2017 at 9:29am
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

cant see past a side of:
15. Halfpenny
14. Sanjay
13. Foxy
12. Roberts
11. North
10. Biggar
9. Webb
8. Warburton
7. Navidi
6. Morriarity
5. AWJ
4. Ball
3. Francis
2. Ken
1. Rob Evs

Thought this was a genuine post until I got to 7 & 8. 

I was already struggling with Roberts at 12 but yeah, me too.
1 Xavier Rush   2 Rhys Priestland   3 David Lyons   Cardiff Blues - Scarlets, 26/09/09      

More carries than any of our forwards. Priestland Fan Club Proud Member
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2017 at 9:43am
If Gatland & Co. are really genuine about encouraging players to remain in Wales then Biggar's early announcement gives them the perfect opportunity to bare their teeth and show that they mean it. There are some players who are, in my opinion, untouchable because of the lack of genuine alternatives but Biggar isn't one. There are only about 2/3 that come to mind - AWJ, Faletau & Foxy.

If Biggar was left out of the AI squad then many playing in Wales with contract renewals on the table would perhaps think twice.
FIRST AND LAST View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FIRST AND LAST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2017 at 9:53am
We are going to loose Samson, Ken, Rob Evs, Ball, Shingler, Cawdor, Aled, Patchel,Scott,Jon,Steff,Halfpenny. (Barclay)Thats an unlucky 13!l
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2017 at 9:58am
Edited my post! I somehow mixed Navidi and Tipuric up! Apologies...can not see any change from that side to be honest though. Even Roberts at 12. 

But thats the side I see being given the nod. same old same old. As suggested, players like steff, elias, Wyn Jones, tackle bags. I hope I am wrong, but if the last decade has seen anything, its the same players usually. We shall see soon enough if fresh faces will come in, but with the disaster of the Welsh tour, I wouldnt be surprised if that will be seen as going against any new face that may have been involved on that tour. 

PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2017 at 9:59am
Originally posted by FIRST AND LAST FIRST AND LAST wrote:

We are going to loose Samson, Ken, Rob Evs, Ball, Shingler, Cawdor, Aled, Patchel,Scott,Jon,Steff,Halfpenny. (Barclay)Thats an unlucky 13!l

we will not lose these 2. 
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2017 at 10:00am

Edited my post! I somehow mixed Navidi and Tipuric up! Apologies...can not see any change from that side to be honest though. Even Roberts at 12. 

But thats the side I see being given the nod. same old same old. As suggested, players like steff, elias, Wyn Jones, tackle bags. I hope I am wrong, but if the last decade has seen anything, its the same players usually. We shall see soon enough if fresh faces will come in, but with the disaster of the Welsh tour, I wouldnt be surprised if that will be seen as going against any new face that may have been involved on that tour. 

So you wouldn't pick Falatau at 8?
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2017 at 10:05am

All perfectly good picks and I would add Wyn Jones & Elias. I think Aaron may miss out to Warburton & Moriarty & Patchell does not seem to fit in with their plans. They see him as behind Biggar, Sam, Owen & Anscombe. Also we will get an idea of Irish intent as Tadgh certainly deserves a call up. 
Rob o'r Bont View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob o'r Bont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2017 at 10:13am

All perfectly good picks and I would add Wyn Jones & Elias. I think Aaron may miss out to Warburton & Moriarty & Patchell does not seem to fit in with their plans. They see him as behind Biggar, Sam, Owen & Anscombe. Also we will get an idea of Irish intent as Tadgh certainly deserves a call up. 
Yes I agree with that, but the thinking behind leaving Patchell out is bizarre.  If Wales want to kick on, they surely have to play the type of rugby that the Scarlets are playing and there is none better at 10  than Patchell for playing that style. 

Edited by Rob o'r Bont - 09 September 2017 at 10:14am
That's the Scarlets, its in their DNA.
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2017 at 10:35am

So you wouldn't pick Falatau at 8?

I would yes, the side that I've posted is not my side. It's a side I see being picked. Faletau may be seen as key for impact from bench. Or morriarity. One will start, one will bench.
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2017 at 9:07am
I make it 5 front row Jake Aaron Boyde Aled Gareth Patch Foxy Scott Stef and HP.
Huge gaps to fill when intls on include Barclay as well with Scotland that is massive loss.
Beirne could even be with Ireland.
Leaves team of
Kruger
Emyr
Dylan
Price
Bullbring
Rawlins
McCloud
?
J Evs
Dan
Grabham
Asquith
Hadleigh
Prydie
J Mcnicoll.

She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2017 at 9:35am
Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

I make it 5 front row Jake Aaron Boyde Aled Gareth Patch Foxy Scott Stef and HP.
Huge gaps to fill when intls on include Barclay as well with Scotland that is massive loss.
Beirne could even be with Ireland.
Leaves team of
Kruger
Emyr
Dylan
Price
Bullbring
Rawlins
McCloud
?
J Evs
Dan
Grabham
Asquith
Hadleigh
Prydie
J Mcnicoll.

Obviously if we lose that number we will surely get some releases back from the Welsh squad. On the evidence of the first couple of games ( which is a little misleading I accept) our representation will be very high. The Ospreys yesterday tried hard but with Sam gifting Glasgow 14 points with woeful passing they got nothing. Once Paul James & the starting TH were replaced they went from having a dominant scrum to going backwards at an alarming rate. If Rhodri doesn't insist on being selected as a Loose head soon he is going to find himself playing in the Welsh premiership as a semi pro. 

Add that to the pretty poor performances of the Blues & Dragons & things are looking pretty poor for our International aspirations. On the brighter side Faletau & Rhys Priestland are playing well. 
Dai38 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2017 at 10:48am
Personally i do not have a clue but I am pretty certain that the coaching team will be prepared for all outcomes.

Be careful when you pick up the stick.........IT MAY BE THE WRONG END!!!!!!!!!!
Huwbach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huwbach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2017 at 11:02am
A good few will be there...

Thankfully we have a team ethos and recruitment policy that should serve us well during internationals. Other teams will be in the same boat with the exception of the SA games away where we will be under pressure squad wise and they will have more options. Based on how they've started though they won't be a threat table wise this year.

On the recruitments - Asquith looks world class...
najbritcol View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote najbritcol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2017 at 1:47pm

Who said the Summer tour was a disaster?  Despite being really inexperienced, Wales comfortably beat Tonga, then even after having lost four players to the Lions and Cuthbert to injury, overcame Samoa.  (Don't forget that Samoa have beaten full-strength Wales teams four times - three of them in Cardiff).
Dafen Boy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dafen Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2017 at 2:34pm
I suspect Gatland has his eyes on 2019 and will select a squad with the 2017 Lions plus most of the Islands tour squad.  It is really time for Roberts to go, but I am sure he will be picked.

Warbs will likely pick up an injury in October and I don't think Moriarty will be fit in time, so Shingler might be in the squad.

Will be a big test for the Scarlets losing 10+ players.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic