Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Worried !

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Worried !
    Posted: 13 November 2004 at 10:59am

First we had Andrew De Abreu `sacked` with a p*** poor excuse given as a press release.

Then we are told that Scotty has `no place at the club` despite taking Llanelli from relegation fodder to championship material.

What the hell IS going on at the club?

Are we in VERY serious trouble?

I think we are and sooner that we think, we will soon be watching regional rugby from afar like the ex-warriors fans who are all genuine rugby followers and deserve better than has happened to them.

My opinion - Our team/region is heading down a dead end road with a car that is held together with tape driven by Mr Magoo with a back seat driver called Muppet (sic) and theres very little that can be done about it until everyone wakes up

Edited by supertaf
One team in scarlet, there's only one team in scarlet
Sponsored Links

commissioner View Drop Down
Octopus Bust Hands

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote commissioner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2004 at 12:24pm

Are they trying to kill the club

rugbylover11 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rugbylover11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2004 at 12:43pm

Why dont the shareholders and members get together and call an extra ordinary general meeting. You then have a chance to ask all these questions. As members and shareholder it is your right to call a meeting.

The people in the know will have no chance to dodge questions then.

Chesswithdeath View Drop Down
Founder
Founder
www.chesswithdeath.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chesswithdeath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2004 at 12:52pm

I agree with all above - we definitely need answers fast. I wonder if Mr Moffett is rubbing his hands together and dreaming of three regions.

Do you remember the days when we looked east and laughed at suggestions that we merge with Swansea?

Boynsmun View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boynsmun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2004 at 1:54pm
Scary times - as others have said, a little transparency is long overdue! xx
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2004 at 3:56pm

I think your right chess moffet wants three regions. I think there is more going on in that club than we all know. If we lose all these players at the end of the season and we haven't got the money to buy quality in, then god help us next season.

However I do have to say quality has not flourished this season on performance but a lot of these boys have played well before, a good coach brings the best out in a player, so maybe some fresh new moves and ideas would be good instead of predictable play all the time.

MikeM View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2004 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by Rockchick Rockchick wrote:

I think your right chess moffet wants three regions. I think there is more going on in that club than we all know. If we lose all these players at the end of the season and we haven't got the money to buy quality in, then god help us next season.

However I do have to say quality has not flourished this season on performance but a lot of these boys have played well before, a good coach brings the best out in a player, so maybe some fresh new moves and ideas would be good instead of predictable play all the time.

I've been saying that for a long time now. I've said it several times in fact. The first chance they get the wru will go for 3 regions and the way we're playing it'll be us to go.

Through Thick And Thin!
Mike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2004 at 6:09pm

Can someone explain to me how the WRU could force us to do anything?

Think about it.

sgarlet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2004 at 7:08pm

You have to ask yourself how the hell can there be a place for Paul Moriaty a jack through and through, who has done nothing for the club since his arrival, and the club can say there is no place for a legend like Scott. Carwyn must be rolling in his grave.

The clique at Stradey is back with a vengeance. for the few people that know me. this just smacks of treachery and disloyalty to the fans of this ONCE great club. It is about time the fans did something and got up of their backs and demanded action from the backroom staff. I am really beginning to HATE This club and all that it stands for. sick and tired of the fans being treated like second class citizens. we need to stand up and be counted for as it was US who saved this club....... Time to get rid of Gareth Jenkins (who obviously feels THREATENED by the popularity of Scott), Nigel Davies who has transformed the backs into absolutely shocking players this season, Paul Moriaty who has done nothing since arriving and ESPECIALLY Gallacher who is ONLY in it for the MONEY and nothing else......

DO you know what Stradey reminds me of? THE OLD WRU, RUN BY A BUNCH OF MUPPETTS IN A PROFESSIONAL ERA. COMMITTEE MEN WHO HAVE BEEN WITH THE CLUB FOR YEARS AND COULDN'T CARE ABOUT THE PLAYERS OR THE FANS THAT PAY THEIR WAGES....... WE NEED A MOFFETT TO COME TO THIS CLUB AND GET RID OF ALL THESE OLD PEOPLE AND BRING IN FRESH BLOOD. I BET THAT'S WHY THAT COMMERCIAL MANAGER WAS SACKED, THE COMMITTEE DIDN'T LIKE WHAT HE WAS PROPOSING.

salmidach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salmidach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2004 at 7:09pm

I'm refusing to go and watch the SCARLETS for the rest of the season. going to watch LLANELLI RFC instead.

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance - Terry Pratchett
Mike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2004 at 7:16pm
Why are you doing that Salmidach?
mAce View Drop Down
Founder
Founder
I'm Real

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mAce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2004 at 7:30pm
Originally posted by salmidach salmidach wrote:

I'm refusing to go and watch the SCARLETS for the rest of the season. going to watch LLANELLI RFC instead.

The same as you weren't going to post on this site again?

not going to matches because of rumor is silly... i don't think we are that bad really, we had a shocking start to the season, but all is not lost..

salmidach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salmidach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2004 at 7:59pm

Originally posted by Mike Mike wrote:

Why are you doing that Salmidach?

Because the semi-pro team are playing the better rugby this season and to say to the coach of that team, that there isn't a position for him anywhere at the club when he retires at the end of the season is absolutely disgusting.. I'm going out and show my support to the semi-pro's who deserve the TRUE support of the fans, these players have gone from strength to strength playing some really great rugby and coached by TRUE llanelli players not the likes of Paul Moriaty, the club gave positions to Dave hodges, Nigel Davies and Wayne proctor when they retired even made up the post of weight training coach for hodges, but for a true GREAT like Scott Quinell who is just shown the door.

Capt. Ace. If i choose to post or not to is my choice. if YOU DON'T LIKE IT THEN BAN ME....... It's not exactly rumour is it, but the truth from the horses mouth.......

Edited by salmidach
They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance - Terry Pratchett
redeyes View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redeyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2004 at 8:00pm

these are worrying times indeed. the shortfall in revenue from failing to qualify for the heinekin cup next season could be catastrophic, if that happens. however the region must find a coaching role for quinnell no matter what! the thought of quinnell coaching another team doesn't bear thinking about.

The stadium may change, but the dream will remain the same!

mAce View Drop Down
Founder
Founder
I'm Real

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mAce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2004 at 8:05pm
Originally posted by salmidach salmidach wrote:

Capt. Ace. If i choose to post or not to is my choice. if YOU DON'T LIKE IT THEN BAN ME....... It's not exactly rumour is it, but the truth from the horses mouth.......

Easy Tiger!.....

Welcome back..

Mike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2004 at 8:27pm

Think the Scarlets need all the support they can get at the moment Sal.

Through good times and bad.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic