Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > AROUND THE REGION > Llanelli
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

WRU National Cup Llanelli v Pontypool !

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote townboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2017 at 8:00pm
Originally posted by Ffidel Bennett Ffidel Bennett wrote:

With regard to Torin. When he was not offered  a Scarlets contract the Scarlets still had 5 hookers on their books even without  Torin and Kirby and someone had to go. At the moment we still have available Ken, Ryan, Emyr, Taylor Davies and Dafydd Hughes, all of whom are either top class or showing great promise.  We seem to be able to produce plenty of hookers but very few second rows or no 8s. We really need to spend our precious pennies in getting in a few more players in those positions to act as cornerstones, supporting our up and coming talent in those areas where we have no problem finding promising youngsters.

Agree reguarding a Scarlets contract but my point was about him staying at Llanelli rfc as he is a Burry Port boy...
Sponsored Links

SospanMawr View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2017 at 8:53pm
Originally posted by jiwjiwrygbi jiwjiwrygbi wrote:

What a ridiculous statement!
Do you really think that the reason why young players chose to play for Llandovery or the Quins or for that matter Llanelli is financial?
From my experience I can tell you that the majority, if not all, up and coming young players would put on any premiership jersey for nothing! These lads are after exposure, the money is just an added bonus and not the motivation for playing so will have no bearing on where the players choose to play. Older players who are proven at premiership level are different, they can and do command more money, and that's where the player recruitment and management seems to be better in some clubs than others.
Some clubs are better managed and secure better sponsorship, hence can afford better players. Any premiership club is capable of this given the right management, drive and ambition. People can whinge and simplify it by saying that the reason why one club is more successful than others is down to money. Well, maybe it is, but the real difference however is that some clubs are just managed better!
When did I say that, then?
SospanMawr View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2017 at 8:55pm
Originally posted by townboy townboy wrote:

Originally posted by SospanMawr SospanMawr wrote:

I know for a fact that Quins and Llandovery pay more than double Llanelli do, to young players.

I don't think that is a true statement eg Torin Myhill offered a contract down the Quins nothing with Llanelli rfc...Ok he now works in Castell Howell but I'm sure Castell Howell is a major sponsor of the Scarlets so Llanelli rfc could have asked the same question reguarding a job for Torin...Also Llanelli rfc get first pick on young players from the Academy and Coleg sir gar...

It is true. I've heard it on 3 separate accounts. I wasn't trying to prove a point and have no reason to lie, I was just stating a fact.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic