Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

yellows

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: yellows
    Posted: 12 June 2006 at 3:50am
nice to see our regional discipline has been carried into the national side 2 yellow cards for wales both scarlet players which in the end contributed to a narrow defeat.
30th june 1986- 30th june 2011.25 years roofing,i wouldn't call that dodgy.
Sponsored Links

redeyes View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redeyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2006 at 7:45am

Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

nice to see our regional discipline has been carried into the national side 2 yellow cards for wales both scarlet players which in the end contributed to a narrow defeat.

the inept performance from the outside half didn't help either.

The stadium may change, but the dream will remain the same!

TonduTurk View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
"Views my own"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonduTurk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2006 at 9:23am
i thought gavin's yellow was harsh, it appeared that he was binned for lying on the ball and preventing them taking a penalty. roncero was spoken to 4 times before being binned.

i thought roland had a poor game. should have gone to the video ref for their first try. and giving ian evans a warning about his try celebration was disgraceful !!

Edited by TonduTurk
missscarlet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2006 at 9:41am
Originally posted by redeyes redeyes wrote:

the inept performance from the outside half didn't help either.

Dogy first try by the Pumas, also contributed to the defeat.

Fail to prepare, prepare to fail
ScarletSweetie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletSweetie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2006 at 2:53pm

Originally posted by TonduTurk TonduTurk wrote:

i thought roland had a poor game. should have gone to the video ref for their first try. and giving a.w.j. a warning about his try celebration was disgraceful !!

Sure you got the right person there?

The ref had a TERRIBLE game! I was so so sooo annoyed when full time was called.

Can the video ref or someone else not overpower the ref? Surely if he makes a really wrong decision like the try yesterday, they can stop it.

But I'm guessing not.

http://www.photoboxgallery.com/rallypics/4585318
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2006 at 5:24pm
unbelievable we even manage to blame the ref at international level as well as regional.agree about nicky robinson though had he kicked some relatively easy kicks we would still have won i think hook should start the second test .
redeyes View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redeyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2006 at 6:31pm

unbelievable we even manage to blame the ref at international level as well as regional.agree about nicky robinson though had he kicked some relatively easy kicks we would still have won i think hook should start the second test .

am i to believe you thought the ref was consistent with his decisions?

Edited by redeyes
The stadium may change, but the dream will remain the same!

ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2006 at 7:06pm
no not at all but our yellow card count during the season was terrible and it was 2 of our players carded.that was my only point we don't seem to have learnt popham was warned just before he was carded,they scored 12 or 13 points while we were short .imagine us leading a top team next year with 10 mins to go and 1 of ours getting carded in the HC ,chances don't come around that often.
sgsmorgan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
LAVERYS ON THE RIGHT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgsmorgan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2006 at 8:14pm

I think you are being way too harsh on both Popham and especially Thomas.

The Ref was a plank. If the decision to award the first Argentinian Try was laughable so were some of his other decisions. He talks to a guy who has just scored his first try in International Rugby (on his debut too) for gawds sake and then either misses completely or just talks to an Argentinian who has just swung a punch at Ian Gough.

That Argentinian should have had at least a yellow for that missed punch alone!

This is not sour grapes, a fair few of my Irish mates over here thought he was a plank  and had a shocker too.

Actually I thought this was unusual for Roland, he is normally one of the better ones.
DgembaDgemba View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DgembaDgemba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2006 at 8:51am

I do agree that we made some fatal errors in the game but the fact is the ref had an absolute stinker.

Watched the game with 2 saes and even they were going mental.

should have gone to the video ref for their try without question as you could see it was close to the dead ball line.

There no.1 gets a warning and is told next time he's off. 5 Mins later he throws a punch at Gough and the ref says next infringment your off!! Gav Thomas is penalised for bringing down the maul (which is a minor offense as it was no where near the tryline) and what happens....YELLOW.

Mike Phillips (although he didnt have the best game) has told the WM that it was like "one set of rules for them and another for us" glad someone is pointing out the issue and not pussyfooting around it - full story here

The localised condition of planetary atmospheric condensation caused a malfunction in the visual orientation circuits...

Or to put it another way, we got lost in the fog.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic