Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Zebre v Scarlets match thread...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2017 at 9:34am
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Originally posted by dantheman dantheman wrote:

Good professional second half. Adjusted our play a bit to reflect the conditions and their defensive line, kicked behind them and it led to two tries. Simple reactive plays, very impressed.

Beirne and Boyde were exceptional at the breakdown, they dominated that facet of the game. Subs impressed yet again, Kruger, Wyn and Macleod in particular.

When the rain stopped in the last 15 we started playing a bit more and put some great facets of play together. Our handling skills are top drawer at times, great offload and awareness for the final try.

Bulbring impressed me. Good work rate. Building a decent stable in the row.

The ball didn't get to Steff as much as it usually does, but you just can't keep the fella out of the game..loved the way he muscled his way to get on to Cawdors chip kick.

In Steff & Jonny we have two very potent attacking weapons. Asquith also looks a decent footballer who is going to be an important squad member. Bulbring seems to have improved since early last season, he appears more mobile with better handling skills. Perhaps the form of Beirne has thrown down the challenge. 

First real test next week. Studying Ulster they seem a little lightweight in the front 5 with Diack playing 2nd row. Their front row looks a bit flaky. They have a good back row with Coetzee & Desel but are struggling a bit at half back. Their back 5 will be a good test for our lads but I feel we can win it in the front 5 and 9-10.

First try by Jonny M is a master class in what an attacking full back brings to a game....turnover ball on their 10 yard line...all our back line is lying flat in defensive formation...we pass it along ... Scott cannot possibly have seen McNichol charging up from FB... He's called him to pop it up and the Jonny just gathers at full tilt and leaves the defence standing.

Sponsored Links

solihullscarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote solihullscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2017 at 10:06am
I was worried when Barclay came off as he seemed to be in a bit of pain and showing the medic his shoulder but he seemed OK later so hopefully he'll be alright. We can sorely bear to lose him right now.

Cawdor was given Seren y Gêm in the stadium and he did have a good game but I Thought Johnny McNicol was again superb. When we started kicking a bit more he terrorised their back 3.
#UniteAndFight against the crooked Pro12
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2017 at 10:34am

Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Originally posted by dantheman dantheman wrote:

Good professional second half. Adjusted our play a bit to reflect the conditions and their defensive line, kicked behind them and it led to two tries. Simple reactive plays, very impressed.

Beirne and Boyde were exceptional at the breakdown, they dominated that facet of the game. Subs impressed yet again, Kruger, Wyn and Macleod in particular.

When the rain stopped in the last 15 we started playing a bit more and put some great facets of play together. Our handling skills are top drawer at times, great offload and awareness for the final try.

Bulbring impressed me. Good work rate. Building a decent stable in the row.

The ball didn't get to Steff as much as it usually does, but you just can't keep the fella out of the game..loved the way he muscled his way to get on to Cawdors chip kick.

In Steff & Jonny we have two very potent attacking weapons. Asquith also looks a decent footballer who is going to be an important squad member. Bulbring seems to have improved since early last season, he appears more mobile with better handling skills. Perhaps the form of Beirne has thrown down the challenge. 

First real test next week. Studying Ulster they seem a little lightweight in the front 5 with Diack playing 2nd row. Their front row looks a bit flaky. They have a good back row with Coetzee & Desel but are struggling a bit at half back. Their back 5 will be a good test for our lads but I feel we can win it in the front 5 and 9-10.

First try by Jonny M is a master class in what an attacking full back brings to a game....turnover ball on their 10 yard line...all our back line is lying flat in defensive formation...we pass it along ... Scott cannot possibly have seen McNichol charging up from FB... He's called him to pop it up and the Jonny just gathers at full tilt and leaves the defence standing.

McNichol did time his run to perfection for his try. Thought Steff did well to hold his line and not get 'involved' on that one which left McNichol space to run in to.
Tim Opolis View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tim Opolis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2017 at 12:35pm
I was concerned after the level we were at at the end of the season whether we could improve on that, or take it forward. But last night was something else. We dont just throw the ball about willy nilly we have patterns, we have structure, we have systems. Zebre were eager in defence but their heads must have been spinning at times last night, who the heck do I tackle. We have runners coming onto the ball from varying anlges none more deceiptively than McNicholl. The hold up tackle defence was superb, how strong is Shingler? The contact was sublime with the excellent Boyde and sublime Beirne. The passing was great also, how unlucky was Parkes with that flick on pass, for me the referree didnt show any empathy for the game in that decision. Everybody seems to know excactly what they're doing in attack and defence, exits for example were great. Bench comes on and they just slot in and we played right to the last minute of the game.

All the above on a sopping wet night.

Thank you boys, its always an honour to be a Scarlet fan but this is so much pleasure. If I was a cat I'd have been purring last night. Superb! Clap
Tymor nesa Duw, plis tymor nesa.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic