Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Zebre vs. Scarlets - Match Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789>
Author
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2016 at 4:51pm
Jon Evans starting next week isn't a discussion in my mind. Leading try scorer and in great form.
Sponsored Links

multinational View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote multinational Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2016 at 4:51pm
1Munster Rugby37
2Ospreys36
3Leinster Rugby32
4Scarlets32
5Glasgow Warriors27
6Ulster Rugby23
7Cardiff Blues22
8Connacht Rugby15
9Dragons15
10Edinburgh Rugby14
11Zebre Rugby8
12Benetton Treviso6
History, despite its wrenching pain, cannot be unlived, but if faced with courage, need not be lived again.
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2016 at 5:07pm
he can make as many subs as he wants when he wants he is delivering as far as I'm concerned real strength in depth a team that will surely be competing for top four spot. Another five pointer in our next game and we top Welsh region again. Surprising though we did struggle after subs bearing in mind the bench we had and yes Jonathan Evans is number 1 IMHO at moment. Not as worried about Toulon as I was and dare I say it playing like we are Sarries won't be looking forward to coming to us.
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2016 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Jon Evans starting next week isn't a discussion in my mind. Leading try scorer and in great form.
This
Any offence taken on board is only a literate/cy consequence. Every attempt at humour is just that. No personal insult intended. Standards lowered for trolls.
Dai38 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2016 at 5:11pm
Have we scored 31 pts in Italy before????
Be careful when you pick up the stick.........IT MAY BE THE WRONG END!!!!!!!!!!
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2016 at 5:13pm
Shout out for Shings.. 4 tries in the last 5 matches. Love it when our forwards get on the score sheet regularly.
PritchyTheScarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Young Munster 2004 - Neyland RFC Tour

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PritchyTheScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2016 at 5:24pm
A bonus point win, we let them back in the game towards the end, but we had done the damage earlier on in the game. Looking forward to the games against Toulon now, we have nothing to lose, which makes us very dangerous!
All Time Favourite Scarlets XV

B Davies, M Jones, R King, J Davies, D James, S Jones, D Peel
R Evans, K Owens, J Davies, V Cooper, C Wyatt, S Easterby, J Davies, S Quinnell
surfing-mtber View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote surfing-mtber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2016 at 5:24pm

Shout out for Shings.. 4 tries in the last 5 matches. Love it when our forwards get on the score sheet regularly.

Agreed, probably the most underated player in Wales on current form.
Joshua24:15
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2016 at 5:25pm
Originally posted by Dai38 Dai38 wrote:

Have we scored 31 pts in Italy before????

I remember getting 40 or so out there a few years ago..
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2016 at 5:26pm

He was superb in the last game - have yet to see any of this one. He's playing as well as any 6 in Wales, IMO, though he may not be the 'type' of 6 the Wales selectors look for. 
I share no-one's ideas. I have my own.
(Ivan Turgenev)
surfing-mtber View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote surfing-mtber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2016 at 5:32pm
Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

He was superb in the last game - have yet to see any of this one. He's playing as well as any 6 in Wales, IMO, though he may not be the 'type' of 6 the Wales selectors look for

Sadly this may be true. Strange though, because, if you want to play a more expansive game, it's difficult to think of a flanker that a defending back three would less like to be facing.  Very quick, big and good feet.  At least worth a go off the bench.
Joshua24:15
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2016 at 5:36pm
Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

He was superb in the last game - have yet to see any of this one. He's playing as well as any 6 in Wales, IMO, though he may not be the 'type' of 6 the Wales selectors look for. 

He is the form 6 in Wales no doubt but far too skilful and athletic to play there for Wales though if Moriaty was playing at 6 be tight call. We have s back row talent all of whom have really good rugby brains who are making game look easy at moment.
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
Ffidel Bennett View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ffidel Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2016 at 5:36pm
I'm not so sure that it's putting on too many subs at once that is the problem. All these guys train together and should know the strengths and weaknesses of their fellow starters /subs. Most of those coming on were international players, so I'd say it's complacency, lack of concentration or just saving themselves without injury for next week.
Surely they don't need to be taught how to run a game down when well ahead- that's schoolboy stuff? Or don't they have the ruthless, clinical attitude to play for 80 minutes without conceding  3 or 4 tries.
Still it's so much better moaning about this than explaining why we lost.
dantheman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dantheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2016 at 7:24pm
Great win.

Did anyone actually see the game?

The espn stats are here: http://www.espn.co.uk/rugby/playerstats?gameId=290480&league=270557

Looks like Beirne had another good carrying game. Lots of yards made by Shingler and Cubby. Jon Davies must have made a few breaks which is also a good sign.

As for the subs, premeditated subs are here to stay. If players know before the start they are only on for 60 mins then they'll play the first 60 mins very differently, committing to more rucks and just generally opting for a higher work rate. Some teams use them to good effect.

We haven't suffered from huge declines this season in the last 20 mins other than in games we've been dominating on the scoreboard up to that point. I'd suggest it's more of a general decline in intensity or different playing style (more defensive) that is the problem rather than the subs and fitness.
s.pimpernel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
A.F.K.A.P.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote s.pimpernel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2016 at 7:41pm

Jon Evans starting next week isn't a discussion in my mind.

Wow. (Supposedly) 2nd string player over an International 😎😉. Welcome to the dark side 😎
In Pivac we trust
Tim Opolis View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim Opolis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2016 at 9:58pm
0 from 3 and things were pretty grim. 7 league games later and did anyone actually think we were going to lose today? Well done boys, bloody marvellous! Clap
Tymor nesa Duw, plis tymor nesa.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789>
  Share Topic