Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > AWAY FANS INFORMATION ZONE
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 20 mph speed limits from 18 September 2023
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login


20 mph speed limits from 18 September 2023

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
Author
Message
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Avatar
Wwwww mince

Joined: 15 August 2004
Location: Pemberton
Status: Offline
Points: 23516
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2023 at 9:12pm
Originally posted by salmidach salmidach wrote:

Originally posted by scarletpimp scarletpimp wrote:

Originally posted by roy munster roy munster wrote:

Originally posted by salmidach salmidach wrote:

Wales under Drakeford and Labour is fast becoming a nanny state

Refused to bypass the brynglas tunnels due to environmentalists complaining
banning food deals such as meal deals in supermarkets
20mph zones..

I'm just glad for once that I don't live in Wales.

Labour in Wales are like the Tories in Westminster, unfortunately though in Wales there's no party big enough or popular enough to remove them!

Dont forget the 100 pages of frankly insane anti landlord laws, the bankrupt airport, compulsory heater pumps to replace boilers at massive cost, the record council tax hikes........Oh and theyve recently bought portcawl coney island beach and funfair etc and sold it off for houses
The biggest elvis festival in the world is now finished because of this and trecco bay one of the biggest caravan parks in europe will soon lose that status too.......Anti business, anti common sense WAG are destroying our economy 
Total tosh again from Salmidach and Roy.
I'd like to know if you do'nt live in Wales Salmidach what right you have come on to this forum and lecture us who do, pay our rates, support local businesses . Etc
The Brynglas tunnels are an issue,  and a protracted debate ensured on different routes,  but a decision was made for financial reasons, as otherwise it would have cripled WAG's budget

As  for the 20mlh limit, well we know its a good idea.

Roy's point about landlord  regulation  was badly needed.
Just look around Llanelli at the appalling state of rented housing in the centre of town.
People who cannof afford to buy are now  either stuck on long council house lists , ir subjected too the vagaries of the private rented sector paying exorbitant rents .Some of the properties look uninhabitable..but sadly are!

born and bred in felinfoel my old mucka and last time I checked this was a forum, perhaps you might want to look up what the word forum means.

I visit regularly to see my family, and it's just another poor example of how badly Wales is being run under Drakeford and his muppoets....

I work part time in in a hotel in Cornwall and some guests started talking to me and when they heard my accent they asked what did I think of the 20mph zone. basically I said it was a farce and their reply was that they used to go on holiday regularly to Wales (twice, three times a year) and they won't any longer.

So whilst you continue with your insular views, I'll continue to have mine.

Won’t go to wales because they’ve dropped the speed limit? ££££
Back to Top
Sponsored Links


Back to Top
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler
Avatar

Joined: 08 April 2005
Location: United Kingdom
Status: Offline
Points: 26652
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2023 at 4:38am
Originally posted by scarletpimp scarletpimp wrote:

Originally posted by roy munster roy munster wrote:

Originally posted by salmidach salmidach wrote:

Wales under Drakeford and Labour is fast becoming a nanny state

Refused to bypass the brynglas tunnels due to environmentalists complaining
banning food deals such as meal deals in supermarkets
20mph zones..

I'm just glad for once that I don't live in Wales.

Labour in Wales are like the Tories in Westminster, unfortunately though in Wales there's no party big enough or popular enough to remove them!

Dont forget the 100 pages of frankly insane anti landlord laws, the bankrupt airport, compulsory heater pumps to replace boilers at massive cost, the record council tax hikes........Oh and theyve recently bought portcawl coney island beach and funfair etc and sold it off for houses
The biggest elvis festival in the world is now finished because of this and trecco bay one of the biggest caravan parks in europe will soon lose that status too.......Anti business, anti common sense WAG are destroying our economy 
Total tosh again from Salmidach and Roy.
I'd like to know if you do'nt live in Wales Salmidach what right you have come on to this forum and lecture us who do, pay our rates, support local businesses . Etc
The Brynglas tunnels are an issue,  and a protracted debate ensured on different routes,  but a decision was made for financial reasons, as otherwise it would have cripled WAG's budget

As  for the 20mlh limit, well we know its a good idea.

Roy's point about landlord  regulation  was badly needed.
Just look around Llanelli at the appalling state of rented housing in the centre of town.
People who cannof afford to buy are now  either stuck on long council house lists , ir subjected too the vagaries of the private rented sector paying exorbitant rents .Some of the properties look uninhabitable..but sadly are!
Back to Top
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler
Avatar

Joined: 08 April 2005
Location: United Kingdom
Status: Offline
Points: 26652
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2023 at 4:42am
Pimp as long as i can remember the welsh government have been talking about a Llandeilo by pass but they don't give a poo about road safety there where massive lorries trundle through within inches of pedestrians and Salmidach is entitled to his opinion as yours are on a variety of subjects in places you don't reside.
Back to Top
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Avatar

Joined: 30 August 2010
Status: Offline
Points: 15536
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2023 at 2:14pm
Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

Pimp as long as i can remember the welsh government have been talking about a Llandeilo by pass but they don't give a poo about road safety there where massive lorries trundle through within inches of pedestrians and Salmidach is entitled to his opinion as yours are on a variety of subjects in places you don't reside.

Spot on and the endless pot holes / craters and neglect on road repairs is certainly not helping safety either.
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
Back to Top
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Avatar

Joined: 27 April 2009
Status: Offline
Points: 17750
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2023 at 6:05pm
Many rented houses look uninhabitable because the tenants run them into the ground and under new guide lines you cant shift then for a year (at minimum) if you smash your rented house up
And get evicted your entitled  to emergency housing as you have made homeless. If you leave after notice peruod you aren’t its a bonkets system, leading to many lamdlords selling up there being less rented properties on market so rents are higher. A good idea by the wa that is awful in practice the wa have no idea how things work in the real world and  not n their  political bubble


Edited by RR1972 - 26 September 2023 at 6:05pm
Back to Top
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler
Avatar

Joined: 23 August 2009
Location: Pembs
Status: Offline
Points: 50206
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2023 at 6:14pm
You have a point RR. There are 2 sides to the rental debate.



Back to Top
bydder View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 29 June 2022
Location: Llanybydder
Status: Offline
Points: 287
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bydder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2023 at 8:00pm
Originally posted by salmidach salmidach wrote:

Originally posted by scarletpimp scarletpimp wrote:

Originally posted by roy munster roy munster wrote:

Originally posted by salmidach salmidach wrote:

Wales under Drakeford and Labour is fast becoming a nanny state

Refused to bypass the brynglas tunnels due to environmentalists complaining
banning food deals such as meal deals in supermarkets
20mph zones..

I'm just glad for once that I don't live in Wales.

Labour in Wales are like the Tories in Westminster, unfortunately though in Wales there's no party big enough or popular enough to remove them!

Dont forget the 100 pages of frankly insane anti landlord laws, the bankrupt airport, compulsory heater pumps to replace boilers at massive cost, the record council tax hikes........Oh and theyve recently bought portcawl coney island beach and funfair etc and sold it off for houses
The biggest elvis festival in the world is now finished because of this and trecco bay one of the biggest caravan parks in europe will soon lose that status too.......Anti business, anti common sense WAG are destroying our economy 
Total tosh again from Salmidach and Roy.
I'd like to know if you do'nt live in Wales Salmidach what right you have come on to this forum and lecture us who do, pay our rates, support local businesses . Etc
The Brynglas tunnels are an issue,  and a protracted debate ensured on different routes,  but a decision was made for financial reasons, as otherwise it would have cripled WAG's budget

As  for the 20mlh limit, well we know its a good idea.

Roy's point about landlord  regulation  was badly needed.
Just look around Llanelli at the appalling state of rented housing in the centre of town.
People who cannof afford to buy are now  either stuck on long council house lists , ir subjected too the vagaries of the private rented sector paying exorbitant rents .Some of the properties look uninhabitable..but sadly are!

born and bred in felinfoel my old mucka and last time I checked this was a forum, perhaps you might want to look up what the word forum means.

I visit regularly to see my family, and it's just another poor example of how badly Wales is being run under Drakeford and his muppoets....

I work part time in in a hotel in Cornwall and some guests started talking to me and when they heard my accent they asked what did I think of the 20mph zone. basically I said it was a farce and their reply was that they used to go on holiday regularly to Wales (twice, three times a year) and they won't any longer.

So whilst you continue with your insular views, I'll continue to have mine.
how pathetic
N11
Back to Top
Winston View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 09 September 2018
Location: Llanharan
Status: Offline
Points: 531
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Winston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2023 at 8:12pm
Please can we keep politics out of a rugby forum. 
Back to Top
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler
Avatar

Joined: 23 August 2009
Location: Pembs
Status: Offline
Points: 50206
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2023 at 8:29pm
I read, but my memory might have sieved it, that Cornwall was one of the first places to take on extending the 20mph thing, albeit rolling it out rather then a sort of overnight change.
Back to Top
bydder View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 29 June 2022
Location: Llanybydder
Status: Offline
Points: 287
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bydder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2023 at 8:47pm
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

I read, but my memory might have sieved it, that Cornwall was one of the first places to take on extending the 20mph thing, albeit rolling it out rather then a sort of overnight change.
correct
N11
Back to Top
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 11 August 2012
Location: Machynys
Status: Offline
Points: 17009
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2023 at 9:18pm
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

I read, but my memory might have sieved it, that Cornwall was one of the first places to take on extending the 20mph thing, albeit rolling it out rather then a sort of overnight change.
 
Your right. I’m in St Ives at the moment and haven’t paid attention to it and must have driven through different speed zones but in total ignorance of the speed changes you rightly mentioned.It’s also not a topical subject but then it seems it’s been phased in since March , which perhaps the Welsh govt should have done. Mind you it’s usually chocker here anyway so can’t go more than 20 mph 😉


Edited by reesytheexile - 26 September 2023 at 11:05pm
Back to Top
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Avatar

Joined: 30 August 2010
Status: Offline
Points: 15536
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2023 at 3:43am
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

Many rented houses look uninhabitable because the tenants run them into the ground and under new guide lines you cant shift then for a year (at minimum) if you smash your rented house up
And get evicted your entitled  to emergency housing as you have made homeless. If you leave after notice peruod you aren’t its a bonkets system, leading to many lamdlords selling up there being less rented properties on market so rents are higher. A good idea by the wa that is awful in practice the wa have no idea how things work in the real world and  not n their  political bubble
correct 
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
Back to Top
lofty evans View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler
Avatar

Joined: 20 September 2007
Location: Gorseinon
Status: Offline
Points: 53167
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2023 at 10:49pm
There's some seriously screwed up people driving...driving home from work there was a woman in a Renault Range rover copy who was swerving and driving on the M4 as if it was a race track....undercutting, not indicating and a total loon...drive 1,500 miles a month the standard of driving is absolutely insane......if someone indicates they want to pull out doesn'tgive them the right to just effing pull out with a cars length gap.......its even.worse when I'm on my motorbike....a Mercedes ponce cut me up on a roundabout and he didn't even acknowledge he was in the wrong....he was lucky I didn't boot his door in when I passed him in the traffic jam when I was riding up the middle of cars.

And before anyone has a pop you will fail your test if you don't filter or filteringin legal terms ....I followed a cop biker once who was screaming at car drivers who were closing the gap to stop him progressing....brilliant stuff when passed each other with thumbs up......so for me they are lunatics on the road I see it everyday.




Edited by lofty evans - 28 September 2023 at 10:52pm
In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
Back to Top
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler
Avatar

Joined: 13 March 2012
Location: South Suffolk
Status: Offline
Points: 21329
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2023 at 9:43am
Originally posted by lofty evans lofty evans wrote:

There's some seriously screwed up people driving...driving home from work there was a woman in a Renault Range rover copy who was swerving and driving on the M4 as if it was a race track....undercutting, not indicating and a total loon...drive 1,500 miles a month the standard of driving is absolutely insane......if someone indicates they want to pull out doesn'tgive them the right to just effing pull out with a cars length gap.......its even.worse when I'm on my motorbike....a Mercedes ponce cut me up on a roundabout and he didn't even acknowledge he was in the wrong....he was lucky I didn't boot his door in when I passed him in the traffic jam when I was riding up the middle of cars.

And before anyone has a pop you will fail your test if you don't filter or filteringin legal terms ....I followed a cop biker once who was screaming at car drivers who were closing the gap to stop him progressing....brilliant stuff when passed each other with thumbs up......so for me they are lunatics on the road I see it everyday.


You’re right Lofty. There is a lot less patience on the road since Covid lockdowns ended. So much more selfishness exhibited. Do you have a helmet cam? 

Good restraint on the door denting. In the eras of dashcams it’s a lot easier to be held accountable for it. Oh for an easily administered adhesive L-plate onto the window!

In international hockey tournaments in Malaysia, you get a motorbike squad police escort from hotels to stadium and back. Too bad for the motorists if it’s rush hour in KL, many outriders boot the doors even though there’s nothing much the poor old motorist could do to get out of the way.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Back to Top
lofty evans View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler
Avatar

Joined: 20 September 2007
Location: Gorseinon
Status: Offline
Points: 53167
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2023 at 10:42pm
Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

Originally posted by lofty evans lofty evans wrote:

There's some seriously screwed up people driving...driving home from work there was a woman in a Renault Range rover copy who was swerving and driving on the M4 as if it was a race track....undercutting, not indicating and a total loon...drive 1,500 miles a month the standard of driving is absolutely insane......if someone indicates they want to pull out doesn'tgive them the right to just effing pull out with a cars length gap.......its even.worse when I'm on my motorbike....a Mercedes ponce cut me up on a roundabout and he didn't even acknowledge he was in the wrong....he was lucky I didn't boot his door in when I passed him in the traffic jam when I was riding up the middle of cars.

And before anyone has a pop you will fail your test if you don't filter or filteringin legal terms ....I followed a cop biker once who was screaming at car drivers who were closing the gap to stop him progressing....brilliant stuff when passed each other with thumbs up......so for me they are lunatics on the road I see it everyday.


You’re right Lofty. There is a lot less patience on the road since Covid lockdowns ended. So much more selfishness exhibited. Do you have a helmet cam? 

Good restraint on the door denting. In the eras of dashcams it’s a lot easier to be held accountable for it. Oh for an easily administered adhesive L-plate onto the window!

In international hockey tournaments in Malaysia, you get a motorbike squad police escort from hotels to stadium and back. Too bad for the motorists if it’s rush hour in KL, many outriders boot the doors even though there’s nothing much the poor old motorist could do to get out of the way.

If I had a helmet cam wife wouldn't be happy seeing the stuff going on .....today yep today slipped down to llanelli to get some proper octane fuel and a guy totally oblivious to me pulled out without a car in the world...I have a horn that sounds like a truck horn to wake him up..apologise and all that doesn't matter if he breaks my neck..honestly the standard of driving is utterly atrocious....bring it to 10 mph with a guy with a red flag in front of every nutter out there...


In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
Back to Top
Rob o'r Bont View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Avatar
Dr. Optimist

Joined: 03 May 2008
Location: Bont
Status: Offline
Points: 14438
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob o'r Bont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2023 at 10:50pm
I have to say travelling through the Bont and and Hendy, the 20mph sign makes perfect sense.  There isn't a single road in those two villages that needs to have a 30mph limit.  I'm sure it's true for many similar villages throughout Wales. And remember the signs are meant t be limits, not targets to be reached.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.04
Copyright ©2001-2021 Web Wiz Ltd.

This page was generated in 0.078 seconds.