Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > ORDERED
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

McDonalds

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salmidach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: McDonalds
    Posted: 17 August 2012 at 8:35pm
cheating robbing B'stards

5p for a PAPER bag, not a carrier bag, but a paper bag..

now I agree with the legislation regarding plastic bags, but I feel that those robbing fatherless people at McDonalds Trostre have jumped onto the bandwagon and used the legislation to increase profits..

I refused to pay the 5p so didn't get a bag, but they bagged up my fries anyway.....

go figure....

rant over...
They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance - Terry Pratchett
Sponsored Links

SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2012 at 8:37pm
If my wife or kids are with me they bring the eco friendly bags but paying 5p doesn't bother me. 
dr_martinov View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2012 at 8:40pm
Yeah... that's 5p that could have gone to cancer research.
salmidach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salmidach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2012 at 8:40pm
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

If my wife or kids are with me they bring the eco friendly bags but paying 5p doesn't bother me. 

for plastic bags yes agree, this legislation was brought in due to the issue of plastic bags being non degradable, but paper bags I think not...
They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance - Terry Pratchett
salmidach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salmidach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2012 at 8:41pm
Originally posted by dr_martinov dr_martinov wrote:

lol..

or for keeping the likes of brady in jail and paying for his life to be prolonged...
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2012 at 8:43pm
Originally posted by salmidach salmidach wrote:

lol..

or for keeping the likes of brady in jail and paying for his life to be prolonged...

Indeed. Or it could buy a bag for him to asphyxiate himself? He has apparently expressed a wish to die, just creating conversation like.
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2012 at 8:45pm

I've got a standing order with my bank to take money for a cancer charity. 

I didn't realise they only gave to that? 

Sal's point is a valid one too.

Edited by SA14 - 17 August 2012 at 8:46pm
lofty evans View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2012 at 8:48pm
Originally posted by salmidach salmidach wrote:

cheating robbing B'stards

5p for a PAPER bag, not a carrier bag, but a paper bag..

now I agree with the legislation regarding plastic bags, but I feel that those robbing fatherless people at McDonalds Trostre have jumped onto the bandwagon and used the legislation to increase profits..

I refused to pay the 5p so didn't get a bag, but they bagged up my fries anyway.....

go figure....

rant over...

Agree.

In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2012 at 8:55pm
welcome home sal.Big smile
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2012 at 8:58pm
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

I've got a standing order with my bank to take money for a cancer charity. 

I didn't realise they only gave to that? 

Sal's point is a valid one too.

Definitely. And "ethical trading" is becoming more and more important - everyone, including McDonald's, is trying to jump on this bandwagon because to fail to do so is business suicide.

So this will probably result in superficial and slightly odd-sounding schemes like this one but, despite that, I think the overall concept is a good one and charging for plastic is a good idea, which I'm surprised it's not been introduced in England yet. Credit to Wales that you have it.
salmidach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salmidach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2012 at 9:00pm
totally agree doc, am impressed that Wales has taken this initiative for charging for plastic bags..
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2012 at 9:06pm
mcdonalds could save a fortune and give it to charity by taking them ****** horrible green things out of the meal.Dead
Ciderman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Ciderman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2012 at 9:09pm
You buy food at McDonalds then you deserve to be ripped off.
The light at the end of the tunnel-is the light of an oncoming train
SMELLYMIKE View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler
Apple rule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMELLYMIKE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2012 at 9:09pm
Imagine if we didnt have to fund the olympics ...imagine how many people could have treated then ....interesting facts that a lot on here choose to ignore..sal

Edited by SMELLYMIKE - 17 August 2012 at 9:10pm
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2012 at 9:10pm
Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

mcdonalds could save a fortune and give it to charity by taking them ****** horrible green things out of the meal.Dead

They are a bit of a marmite ingredient of a Maccy Dees.
Bryn@man View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryn@man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2012 at 9:14pm
Nothing to do with McDs...  It's the law mun.

Meaning of “single use carrier bag”3.—(1) In these Regulations “single use carrier bag” (“bag siopa untro”) means a bag fitting the description in paragraph (2) or (3)—
(2) A bag fits the description in this paragraph if—
(a)it is made wholly or mainly of paper, plant-based material or natural starch; and
(b)it is not specifically manufactured for multiple reuse.
(3) A bag fits the description in this paragraph if it is a plastic bag—
(a)which does not meet all of the specifications in paragraph (4); or
(b)which meets all of the specifications in paragraph (4) but is not intended for multiple reuse (see paragraph (5)).
(4) The specifications are—
(a)both of the bag’s dimensions are greater than 404 millimetres (“mm”);
(b)at least one of the bag’s dimensions is greater than 439 mm;
(c)the bag is manufactured from material which is greater than 49 microns in thickness.
(5) A plastic bag is intended for multiple reuse if—
(a)it is purchased by the customer; and
(b)when worn out, it is returnable to the seller from whom it was purchased to be replaced free of charge.
(6) In this regulation—
“dimensions” (“dimensiynau”) means width or height;
“plastic bag” (“bag plastig”) means a bag which is made wholly or mainly of plastic.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic