Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Jordan Williams

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Micro Duck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2012 at 9:42am
I see no reason why Jordan couldn't learn to be a 10 at the highest level, but as Mike says, it couldn't be as a romantic, jinking 10 of old.

A 10's main duties these days are to distribute the ball quickly and accurately, and to kick tactically. He also needs to be physically strong to deal with back rowers bearing down on him.

If Jordan can deal with this, then great. I'm sure Simon will have a handle on how and where to play him, in order do develop his natural talent.
New KALAMAFONI - BEAST MODE t-shirt now available online.

Plus a new 'Sosban Fach Scoundrels' range.

Paste the link below into your URL:
https://llanelli.teemill.com/
Sponsored Links

bellar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bellar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2012 at 10:43pm
I agree, also think that the academy has turned out some great players over the years, if it wasn't for their player identification and all the development from the age of 16? you wouldn't have had half the players that will be on the field on Friday night!
haydn_davies View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haydn_davies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2012 at 10:47pm
Jordan starting at 10 for the RFC on Saturday.

Kristian Phillips also starting at 15 too.

Dan Thomas starting at 7.
Think, think, think - it's a thinking man's game!! - The Great Carwyn James.
Once a monkey View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Pull !!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Once a monkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2012 at 10:52pm
Exciting times.

Jordan at 10 for the LV games?
#George
CTMassive View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTMassive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2012 at 10:56pm
Lots of future scarlets there, hope Aled Davies is alright after picking up a knock, good to see Steffan Hughes have another run out at centre at just 18yo, soon to be joined by Craig Woodall I'd Imagine, that's virtually another whole set of backs that's come up through the ranks
haydn_davies View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haydn_davies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2012 at 10:57pm
Could very well be OAM.

Kristian Phillips at FB though?? Didn't know he played FB!!

And Dan Thomas, can't wait to see him get a chance at either LV or Pro12 level against the 'lesser' teams.
Think, think, think - it's a thinking man's game!! - The Great Carwyn James.
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2012 at 6:19am
Originally posted by haydn_davies haydn_davies wrote:

Jordan starting at 10 for the RFC on Saturday.

Kristian Phillips also starting at 15 too.

Dan Thomas starting at 7.

Good to see these guys getting a chance and some game time.

“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2012 at 6:19am
Originally posted by Once a monkey Once a monkey wrote:

Exciting times.

I hope so - the LV was definitely used to give young players a chance last year.
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
lofty evans View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2012 at 8:48am
Big smile

Exciting times.

Unless you and Mike have given permission for Easters it wont happen,WinkBig smile

In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
Nine -Three View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nine -Three Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2012 at 9:52am
Jordan had is 19th birthday yesterday, there is no doubt he is going to be a superstar player for the Scarlets for many years to come. 
YMA O HYD
ChrisX View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2012 at 10:49am
Id like to see Jordan involved for the LV Cup games - Its a good chance for him to get game time with the Scarlets - Happy Birthday also!
BBledd View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BBledd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2012 at 10:55am

Exciting times.

I don't think he's a ten. I think he could make an extremely good fullback. He is a very skillfull player, lovely runner with great balance, and the way he stood up his marker and scored the try lat weeked was something else. But I think his skills suit fullback, or even a goal kicking wing rather than 10.

A few have mentioned that the fly half role has changed, and I'm in full agreement, I think Steve was one the first generation of these new 10's. Jordan is better suited to influence and bring his skill set into the game from a position in the back 3 I'd suggest.

Although I may be proven wrong!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
  Share Topic