Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

We appear to have the makings of a scrum

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ben12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2012 at 10:10pm
this is amazing, we have gone from having a push over front five to this monstrous, competitive lot
Our depth after injuries:
1: Rhodri, Phil John, Rob Evs, Shaun Hopkins
2: Smiler, Ken, Kirby, Emyr and then even Ripper
3: Adriaanse, Samson, Manu and maybe even Trystan Davies???
4: George Earle, Tomas Vallejos, Joel Galley
5: Joe Snyman, Richard Kelly, Jake Ball and also Powell and White if injuries strike (touch wood they dont)

OMG THIS IS BRILLIANT
Sponsored Links

Turkish Fez View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turkish Fez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2012 at 10:39pm
Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

Originally posted by bazlewis bazlewis wrote:

When you think how many first choice players were missing from our scrum today I thought our pack were superb. I t makes me wonder if there may be changes when the AI are finished.
what a great predicament to be in baz,i may put the xmas decorations up in the morning in the hope that it makes boxing day come quicker.LOL
It will not make any difference to the selection at prop 2nd row or no.7 for that matter IMO
We all had Doctor's papers!
rolly View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rolly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2012 at 5:35am
jacobie and Samson were brilliant yesterday but I'm going to wait till the Exeter game before I get too excited .
lofty evans View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2012 at 9:44am
Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

Originally posted by lofty evans lofty evans wrote:

Simply yes, we have recruited well and the doubters jeez you must be gutted.

lofty they have been v quiet and will be until just b4 ulster game bring on the Ospreys can't wait for Boxing Day

Aye the clock is ticking,,WinkBig smile

In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
DANI View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DANI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2012 at 10:30am
Me too ..... Feel Exeter will be the big test for us - they have a mammoth pack, a huge front 5 - If we can hold our own again them - we'll give anyone a run for their money
multinational View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote multinational Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2012 at 11:47am

Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

Simply yes, we have recruited well and the doubters jeez you must be gutted.

lofty they have been v quiet and will be until just b4 ulster game bring on the Ospreys can't wait for Boxing Day

Aye the clock is ticking,,WinkBig smile

I am firmly avoiding any over confidence for Boxing Day, I have been bitten badly by dismissing them at the Parc but the key to this match is undoubtedly challenging them up front. They have seriously suffered through injury but they will fancy their chances against a pack that regularly folds against them.

I hope that the last three matches are not a reflection that we can compete in lesser competitions or against depleted squads only (I personally don't think this) but we have to accept there are sterner tests to come - obviously we will have returning personel to bolster our team as well.

In the Exeter matches we will have a very real reflection of where we lie in forward competition, I look forward to the battles.
History, despite its wrenching pain, cannot be unlived, but if faced with courage, need not be lived again.
KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2012 at 1:42pm
so some comments from Ulster fans about our new found confidence in this area:

Quote The Scarlets fancy their scrum to be pretty good, they have a lengthy thread on it on their fans forum. Of course they haven't come up against Big John and the boys yet!

I can't wait to read what the Scarlets fans think of their scrum after they've played us on Sunday!

seen the match and the scarlets scrum was mighty and got them on the front foot all the time, the scarlets 2nd's are a very physical lot
lofty evans View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2012 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by KID A KID A wrote:

so some comments from Ulster fans about our new found confidence in this area:

Quote The Scarlets fancy their scrum to be pretty good, they have a lengthy thread on it on their fans forum. Of course they haven't come up against Big John and the boys yet!

I can't wait to read what the Scarlets fans think of their scrum after they've played us on Sunday!

seen the match and the scarlets scrum was mighty and got them on the front foot all the time, the scarlets 2nd's are a very physical lot

Key words which have been posted by our Celtic cousins which suggest they are impressed.

In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
  Share Topic