Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > BAZ LEWIS' SCARLET FEVER GOLD
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Roger Lewis Leaving (OFFICIAL)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Roger Lewis Leaving (OFFICIAL)
    Posted: 24 February 2015 at 12:18am
Seems to be strong rumours flying about on Twitter about a big announcement tomorrow morning. It's embargoed, Moffett has reappeared on Twitter.

EDIT - He's going. October 31st.

Edited by Alun - 24 February 2015 at 7:49am
Cartref newydd, Stadiwm newydd, Penod newydd, Yr un freuddwyd.

"Does na unman yn debyg i adra, ond mae adra'n debyg iawn i 'chdi."

All statements-My opinions
Sponsored Links

Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2015 at 6:05am
http://www.wru.co.uk/eng/news/32760.php
Take the question mark off mate...leaves 31 October (post RWC).

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2015 at 6:38am
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/31593687

Gone!!!!! Glad to see the back of him. Egomaniac who caused far more problems than he solved. Need a very good man to replace him and get things back on track.
sgsmorgan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
LAVERYS ON THE RIGHT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgsmorgan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2015 at 6:40am
Brilliant news....what price Mark Davies for the job....he'd be brilliant....inclusive, level headed, pragmatic,  practical , perfect
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2015 at 6:43am

Roll on October the 31st ,that date cant come quick enough
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2015 at 6:45am
Originally posted by 157cb 157cb wrote:

Roll on October the 31st ,that date cant come quick enough

speak for yourself I got married on that day.
Mike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2015 at 7:11am
The damage he's done to Welsh rugby will take years to recover from, if we ever do.

Goodbye and good riddance, you absolute disgrace.
mammamammon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mammamammon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2015 at 8:00am
Finally he's done something "good for Welsh Rugby"
mammamammon

www.hopemalawiuk.com
OwainLlanedi View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote OwainLlanedi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2015 at 8:04am
I don't feel much pleasure really. His decade of austerity is the main contributing factor to our current malaise, and the only solace I can really take from it all is that we're still here to witness him leave and that we will never have to suffer him in an administrative position in any sport ever again. The sycophancy of the WRU lackeys and business partners will be nauseating for the next few days but a necessary evil to get rid of him.

I just hope we can bounce back. Good riddance Roger; never pollute West Wales with your nonsense again.

Edited by OwainLlanedi - 24 February 2015 at 8:23am
"Er gwaetha pob Dic SiƓn Dafydd, Er gwaetha 'rhen Fagi a'i chriw, Byddwn yma hyd ddiwedd amser, A bydd yr iaith Gymraeg yn fyw!"
Abbey View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abbey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2015 at 8:12am
The BBC and other media gushing in their praise. At least Gareth Charles went some way to telling the truth by pointing out that he may have concentrated too much on team Wales at the expense of grass roots.

The truth is that his reforms have no foundation and that the success can only be short term. There is no thought for ongoing success or development (unless you consider us a breeding ground for French club rugby). At least Gareth Davies' appointment has ushered in dual contracts with the hope that the names stay and make the regions stronger.
I still have concerns about the terms of the DCs and the uncompetitiveness of the regions during international windows.

solihullscarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote solihullscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2015 at 8:27am
Me too but at least now we can look forward to the possibility of someone working with us not against us. Getting out of the moribund pro12 would be my wish.
#UniteAndFight against the crooked Pro12
LLANDRE View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LLANDRE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2015 at 8:41am
Big loss to Welsh Rugby.
West is Best (Fin gwybod)
Gate12 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gate12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2015 at 8:55am

Is it too early in the day for a celebratory pint?

Hopefully Welsh rugby can start moving forward now and find someone to make sure we're all pulling in the right direction, Roger's made a lot of enemies in World rugby over the past few years at all levels and the only saving grace was that his ego ensured that a lot of the baggage will leave with him rather than taint the new CEO and chairman.

I think his biggest achievement is being the probably inspiration for the rumoured Spitting Image return.

In most cases you'd say good luck and good riddance, in this case it's just good riddance.
Mugwuffin View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mugwuffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2015 at 9:10am
When he started his job there were 3 competitive regions in Wales, plus 1 (NGD) that would give anyone a game at home, on their day.

Look at the legacy he's leaving. He's been an absolute disaster of a CEO.
M.M. View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote M.M. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2015 at 9:22am
So, farewell then Roger.

"Sharpening the saw". That was your catchprase. Well, one of em anyway.

"Creating inventory" was another one.

Both were total bo****ks.
Scarletrover View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Scarletrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2015 at 9:26am
One comment. - AT LAST!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic