Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Scarlets vs. Cardiff Blues - Match Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 111213
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2018 at 12:29am
Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

Originally posted by roy munster roy munster wrote:

Bbc pundits are like career politicians why risk their income for life on that that bloated gravy train , with an actual real genuine opinion? Scrum v is so scripted its cringeworthy unless a proper journo like peter jackson or butler is on there. Why risk anything when you can sit on the fence, spout a load of meaningless cliches, pretend to be mr nice guy and collect their tax funded pay cheque. Give me honest opinion please whether its criticism or praise. As you can see my lowly opinion of the BBC's output is unprintable. Their output across the board from news to comedy to new dramas to everything, considering the enormity of their funding, is a national disgrace. Everythibg is a formulaic box ticking execise

When is the last time they created anything original? Their only popular shows are Doctor who and strictly, shows created over 50 years ago....Theyve created almost nothing truly new or original since the 70s...Their highest viewing over Christmas was the queens speech? how pathetic. No doubt we will now get wall to wall coverage of prince harrys romance of the century for the next decade....I watched their news yesterday the 4th main story was about a woman who was called honey by virgin trains....who the heck decides thats a headline story? Have they ever considered investing their millions into writers rather than talentless presenters reading from dummy cards? rant over lol

That's a bit OTT - have you been overdosing on the Daily Mail recently? 

Maybe, go and lie down in a dark room for an hour or two...

Roll on the time when we can only watch Fox News (not)!

lol dont worry it, its good to have a rant now and again lol 

Edited by roy munster - 04 January 2018 at 12:57am
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
Sponsored Links

aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2018 at 6:01am

Bbc pundits are like career politicians why risk their income for life on that that bloated gravy train , with an actual real genuine opinion? Scrum v is so scripted its cringeworthy unless a proper journo like peter jackson or butler is on there. Why risk anything when you can sit on the fence, spout a load of meaningless cliches, pretend to be mr nice guy and collect their tax funded pay cheque. Give me honest opinion please whether its criticism or praise. As you can see my lowly opinion of the BBC's output is unprintable. Their output across the board from news to comedy to new dramas to everything, considering the enormity of their funding, is a national disgrace. Everythibg is a formulaic box ticking execise

When is the last time they created anything original? Their only popular shows are Doctor who and strictly, shows created over 50 years ago....Theyve created almost nothing truly new or original since the 70s...Their highest viewing over Christmas was the queens speech? how pathetic. No doubt we will now get wall to wall coverage of prince harrys romance of the century for the next decade....I watched their news yesterday the 4th main story was about a woman who was called honey by virgin trains....who the heck decides thats a headline story? Have they ever considered investing their millions into writers rather than talentless presenters reading from dummy cards? rant over lol

That's a bit OTT - have you been overdosing on the Daily Mail recently? 

Maybe, go and lie down in a dark room for an hour or two...

Roll on the time when we can only watch Fox News (not)!

lol dont worry it, its good to have a rant now and again lol 

I know how you feel - maybe I'll have another rant about the tax dodgers who own most of our newspapers one day soon!
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2018 at 9:31am
Originally posted by Legendinmybathroom Legendinmybathroom wrote:

Just read the western mail, Danny Wilson has the cheek to complain about the referee, saying that they didn’t get the calls they deserved. In particular the steal by Cubby under our posts in the second half.
Funnily enough, he never mentioned the disallowed Cawdor try or the Ellis Jenkins try that wasn’t grounded.

To be fair to Danny Wilson his comments were correct. He said that the Blues should have won the game and it wasn't the refs fault that they lost. With regard to the Cubby incident he even went as far as to say that he didn't want to take anything away from Cubby who had a marvellous game but he felt it could have been a penalty and yellow card. He is quite correct it should have been a yellow and penalty. Can't see anything wrong in his comments to be honest. 
Rob o'r Bont View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Optimist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rob o'r Bont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2018 at 10:34am
When I think of the Cubby turnover, I think back to days  such as Scarlets v Toulon a few years ago when Steffon Armitage ruled the breakdown illegally, almost winking at the ref as he got away with what others would be penalised for. We all accepted it as this was Toulon and of course we had been conditioned to believe the better teams get away with things like this.    

Fact is, Cubby plays on the edge and if we want to win trophies we need him there on the edge.  
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2018 at 10:40am
Originally posted by Rob o'r Bont Rob o'r Bont wrote:

When I think of the Cubby turnover, I think back to days  such as Scarlets v Toulon a few years ago when Steffon Armitage ruled the breakdown illegally, almost winking at the ref as he got away with what others would be penalised for. We all accepted it as this was Toulon and of course we had been conditioned to believe the better teams get away with things like this.    

Fact is, Cubby plays on the edge and if we want to win trophies we need him there on the edge.  

Totally agree, McCaw did it for years.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2018 at 10:45am

Totally agree & so it seems does Danny Wilson. In no way did he say anything in the interview which I read which was outrageously one eyed. He may have over exaggerated their dominance but he laid the blame fairly & squarely on his teams lack of finishing accuracy. As for Cubby he is priceless & now that I see that Francois Louw is missing next Friday he could well be our match winner again. 
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2018 at 10:49am
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

john Jeffrey of Scotland was offside so often against us he's got 6 welsh caps to go with his Scottish ones.
Rob o'r Bont View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Optimist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob o'r Bont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2018 at 11:02am
Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

john Jeffrey of Scotland was offside so often against us he's got 6 welsh caps to go with his Scottish ones.
LOL
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2018 at 4:36pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Just read the western mail, Danny Wilson has the cheek to complain about the referee, saying that they didn’t get the calls they deserved. In particular the steal by Cubby under our posts in the second half.
Funnily enough, he never mentioned the disallowed Cawdor try or the Ellis Jenkins try that wasn’t grounded.

To be fair to Danny Wilson his comments were correct. He said that the Blues should have won the game and it wasn't the refs fault that they lost. With regard to the Cubby incident he even went as far as to say that he didn't want to take anything away from Cubby who had a marvellous game but he felt it could have been a penalty and yellow card. He is quite correct it should have been a yellow and penalty. Can't see anything wrong in his comments to be honest. 

... apart from his apparent blindness regarding the bit in bold (especially the Jenkins so-called 'try')!
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2018 at 4:44pm

Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

... apart from his apparent blindness regarding the bit in bold (especially the Jenkins so-called 'try')!

Well both incidents were the subject of clear refereeing decisions so why comment? He's hardly likely to say that they were lucky in both instances. That would be expecting too much Aber even for a decent egg like DannyWink
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 111213
  Share Topic