Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Other Side(s) - Rival Team News

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 235236237238239 445>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2021 at 7:39am
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

4 trys for dan coles not bad for a h/oker

Not bad at all considering he was a replacement!!!!
Sponsored Links

hoppy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoppy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2021 at 5:48pm

Dragons have signed Fiji tight-head prop Mesake Doge from French Top 14 side Brive for 2021-22.

Doge, 28, has won four Fiji caps and featured in their two recent games against New Zealand.

He arrives at Rodney Parade with fellow prop Lloyd Fairbrother currently sidelined by injury.

"We're pleased to sign Mesake and look forward to him linking up with us in the coming weeks," said Dragons director of rugby Dean Ryan.

"He's impressed in the recent Test series with the All Blacks and is determined to come to Wales and develop even further and make a big impression with us."

Doge played regularly during two years at Brive, having previously played for Romanian side Timisoara Saracens.

Dragons have not revealed the duration of Doge's contract.

"I'm delighted to be joining Dragons. After speaking with Dean and the coaching team, I was very impressed with their vision for the region and their plans for my development," Doge said.

"To have the opportunity to compete against the very best in the United Rugby Championship and to be joining such a talented squad is truly a blessing."

GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2021 at 8:56am
A fellow poster asked about Will Boyde on our back row topic. I read on WOL about his very bad eye injury sustained last November against Edinburgh. The excellent news is that will has now fully recovered after a long and at times very worrying period. He starts against Bath this weekend. Good luck Will.
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2021 at 10:44am
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2021 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

A fellow poster asked about Will Boyde on our back row topic. I read on WOL about his very bad eye injury sustained last November against Edinburgh. The excellent news is that will has now fully recovered after a long and at times very worrying period. He starts against Bath this weekend. Good luck Will.

I saw that yesterday - hadn't realised at the time that Boyde's injury was so severe - glad to hear that he's on the mend.
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2021 at 8:41am
Good to see Gareth Anscombe finally returning this weekend. I wish him well. 
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2021 at 9:13am
After coming through his debut for the Ospreys GA has jetted off on holiday to join Liam & his fiancee. When is Liam getting back to his day job I wonder. Will we see him before Xmas I ask. All jokes aside it really does make me wonder about the feasibility of even paying 20% of the cost of top level Internationals/Lions. 

Until we have a sensibly agreed global fixture list then the credibility or not of our league is going to continually be the subject of discussion. 
Dai38 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2021 at 10:21am
I share your frustrations GPR, but the blame if there is any lay elsewhere, but I'm not sure where, there is apparently an agreement that all the Welsh Lions get a set period of "rest" after the tour, the WOL, had an article that they will only have played 1 game prior to the NZ international. 

What I can't understand is that the English Lions are back in training next week & could be back playing in 3-4 weeks, a month before the NZ game,  so where is the consistency? 

It does seem that successful teams who are producing internationals are penalised, and hopefully the new season structure will help.
Be careful when you pick up the stick.........IT MAY BE THE WRONG END!!!!!!!!!!
Dai Guevara View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai Guevara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2021 at 11:22am

After coming through his debut for the Ospreys GA has jetted off on holiday to join Liam & his fiancee. When is Liam getting back to his day job I wonder. Will we see him before Xmas I ask. All jokes aside it really does make me wonder about the feasibility of even paying 20% of the cost of top level Internationals/Lions. 

Until we have a sensibly agreed global fixture list then the credibility or not of our league is going to continually be the subject of discussion. 

And what's the betting that when Liam eventually returns he'll pick up some minor injury that will keep him safely on the sidelines until he needs to prove himself 100% fit for Wales duty?
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2021 at 11:48am
I just feel that the game is getting to its breaking point now with the pull between club and country yet alone the bloody Lions . Restructuring is needed please 🙏
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2021 at 12:41pm
Well that restructuring was meant to take place this season. I don't understand the difference in treatment for our Lions & Saracens. As has been said many times it is high time we (being the 4 Welsh clubs) took back control of our destiny. A combined approach would surely get the WRU thinking. If the four teams chose to not offer renewal contracts to any current Internationals that would be a good start to negotiations I think. 
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2021 at 1:18pm

Sanjay is on duty with us from a week tomorrow I think.
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2021 at 2:24pm
The lions get 6 weeks off don’t they?  Do the wru still owm the dragons?

Edited by RR1972 - 12 September 2021 at 2:25pm
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2021 at 2:58pm
Yes and yes.
hoppy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoppy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2021 at 3:41pm
Leigh Halfpenny will be missing for nine welsh tests and not expected back in rugby till next April 

So we need to  look after Liam Williams for scarlets and wales 
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2021 at 8:29am
The talk of our Lions being only available for one game before going into Welsh camp is surely a little over the top. Only Ken of the 4 saw any serious action ( in terms of minutes) in the series. Cawdor hardly played any rugby in South Africa, Wyn only around 50 minutes in tests, Liam not much more so surely they should be able to turn out for more than one game prior to the end of October. It really does make  a farce of our league if huge matches against Munster & Leinster do not feature the best players. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 235236237238239 445>
  Share Topic