Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Scarlets team vs Ulster (a) (Europe)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2018 at 1:37pm
Originally posted by scarletsrules scarletsrules wrote:

Glad that we have gone strong as possible, we need a good performance, call me stupid but until it is mathematically impossible for us to reach the knockout stages of Europe I wont give up hope, a BP win for us tomorrow will start my dream on the right track, no reason hat we couldn't scrape one of the best runner up spots if we get 3 bonus point wins, 18 points was enough last year so never say never that 17 could be enough to scrape a runner up spot

I love your positivity. You'd get great odds on that one. 
Sponsored Links

ChrisX View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2018 at 1:40pm
strong side, where is Cubby?
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2018 at 1:44pm
Originally posted by ChrisX ChrisX wrote:

strong side, where is Cubby?

Minor toe injury - fit for Ospreys. 
scarletsrules View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletsrules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2018 at 2:55pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Glad that we have gone strong as possible, we need a good performance, call me stupid but until it is mathematically impossible for us to reach the knockout stages of Europe I wont give up hope, a BP win for us tomorrow will start my dream on the right track, no reason hat we couldn't scrape one of the best runner up spots if we get 3 bonus point wins, 18 points was enough last year so never say never that 17 could be enough to scrape a runner up spot

We are now £750/1 to win the tournament , may be worth a cheeky £1 before tomorrows game
Huwbach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huwbach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2018 at 8:01pm

Pretty clear from the Ospreys selection that they have us in their sights next weekend. You have to accept that with his limited squad depth Clarke is doing OK. Win or lose this weekend they are still very much in the mix in Europe and will have a team fit, rested and raring to go at the Liberty which is a lot more than can be said for us. 

We can’t go sending a weak team to Ulster, get a kicking and then fire against the ospreys. We need momentum.

Edited by Huwbach - 13 December 2018 at 8:04pm
ScarletBear View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2018 at 9:56pm

I admit to having thought about that as well. You never know.
Scarlets before Wales
dyniol53 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyniol53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2018 at 9:55am
Originally posted by ScarletBear ScarletBear wrote:

I admit to having thought about that as well. You never know.

bonus point victory for us tonight

Leicester do is a favour on Sun

We won’t even need a runner up place
https://twitter.com/exile_podcast?lang=en
Once a monkey View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Pull !!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Once a monkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2018 at 12:08pm

Originally posted by Mugwuffin Mugwuffin wrote:

The backline and front row are good enough to go there and get a win. I think a lot depends on the Back 5 of the pack. We’ll need big performances from all of them if we’re going to be competitive.

You are quite correct but this game is not played on paper. Last year, with most of this team, we were comfortably one of the top 5 in Europe. At the moment we are outside the top 10-15 based on performances over the season to date. 
But this team is nothing like last years team, irrespective of who is actually in the team. The issue is those missing/departed in the area which was most fundamental to our success in previous seasons, namely the break down. 

We were previously happy to invite teams on to us, stiffle fast ball and turn them over when their structures started to falter, before hitting them hard on the counter attack. Teams started to over commit against us at the breakdown, often leaving them short of numbers with ball but, as importantly, inevitably leading to space elsewhere when we did turn them over.

At the moment, we are struggling to contain teams, and cannot properly slow ball down let alone turn it over. 

We are a long way from where we were and this could be a long hard season whilst we decide whether to adapt our game plan, or dig in based on new signings from additional funding in the close season 
#George
Sosban bach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sosban bach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2018 at 12:13pm
I think people are overhyping last years pool games, we were so close to being all but our last year to a 14 man treviso. Once we lost to racing I had major doubts in us, for teams to do well you really have to nail those home games losing to Ulster at home again by 1 point was the final nail for me. Has there been a team to go through after losing their first 3 games?
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2018 at 1:47pm
seriously depleted back row there..whats up with cubby and blade?
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2018 at 2:06pm
Originally posted by roy munster roy munster wrote:

seriously depleted back row there..whats up with cubby and blade?

Cubby has a minor toe injury - should be fit for Ospreys. Blade is continuing his mid season break. Thought he was going to feature in the derbies. 
Bizmark84 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizmark84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2018 at 3:15pm
Where does everyone normally go before the game
Craigy boy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigy boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2018 at 3:19pm
Gutted that it not even Xmas and already playing games that are pointless
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2018 at 3:27pm
Originally posted by Bizmark84 Bizmark84 wrote:

Robinsons opposite Europa Hotel popular with Scarlets fans .
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2018 at 3:31pm
Originally posted by 157cb 157cb wrote:

Originally posted by Bizmark84 Bizmark84 wrote:

Robinsons opposite Europa Hotel popular with Scarlets fans .

Good luck to the wonderful supporters who are in Belfast tonight. I was a little undecided which tack I would have taken come selection but now that we have gone full on a return to intelligent rugby based on very physical challenges on the gainline, huge defence and heads up rugby when in possession will do me fine. If we get that we win and that would be a huge bonus come derby time. 
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2018 at 4:35pm
Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

Good side hopefully we get no injuries and finally build continuity. We must play our beat team in every game to make sure of Semi final and Euro qualification.
At least we haven’t sent lambs to the slaughter line our noisy neighbours

No indeed. I'm proud of the decision, but hope it won't come back to bite us!
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic