Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > RUGBY ARCHIVE > B&I Lions 2021
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Lions 2021

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3637383940 50>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2021 at 6:37pm
Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

What are your addressing here?

The fact that people are never happy. It’s straightforward. 

You being the first amongst them!LOLLOLLOL

Odd comment. I didn’t complain about the commentary. 
Sponsored Links

Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2021 at 7:30pm

I’m not sure anyone complained about the commentary.

I thought the SA pundits were fair and balanced.
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2021 at 7:47pm

It's a general observation on your contributions over the years...Wink
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2021 at 8:21pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Lets be honest lads - I appreciate that Liam is a hero to many on here but what the hell has he done in the last 12 months? Only played a few games for the Scarlets and got a card; in his other games he could easily have seen other cards - he is a penalty or card waiting to happen which the Lions can ill afford. 

I agree that Hogg can make the odd costly error but he is best available. Calls for Watson to start at 15 are way off in my mind - he is a far better winger than 15. Have we all forgotten how he was stepped by Beirne a few years ago!!!!
Liam can win you game with bit of brilliance and is not prone to mistakes like Farrell and Daly. Yes he did not perform for us but was injured most of season Farrell has been very poor for some time and Daly was shocking last week. 
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2021 at 6:18am
Daly and Johnson drop out for Harris and Faletau. I don't think that weakens anything tbh. Daly made a hash of things last week, which was un-characteristic, but nonetheless true.

I've always thought of Daly as the typical Gats back line cover on the bench ( he likes players that either cover 10-15 or 11-14 competently.)

I didn't think Ali Price did much wrong tbh. His kicking was world class. Murray isn't at the races on this tour (yet).

In the slightly lucky box along with Murray are probably Cowan Dickie, Hogg, Conan, Farrell and Vunipola. in the unlucky box Ken, Sanjay, George, Adams and Beirne.

Still gutted for Wyn. I truly hope he's available for the last game.

Edited by Wil Chips - 28 July 2021 at 6:32am
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2021 at 7:18am
Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

Lets be honest lads - I appreciate that Liam is a hero to many on here but what the hell has he done in the last 12 months? Only played a few games for the Scarlets and got a card; in his other games he could easily have seen other cards - he is a penalty or card waiting to happen which the Lions can ill afford. 

I agree that Hogg can make the odd costly error but he is best available. Calls for Watson to start at 15 are way off in my mind - he is a far better winger than 15. Have we all forgotten how he was stepped by Beirne a few years ago!!!!
Liam can win you game with bit of brilliance and is not prone to mistakes like Farrell and Daly. Yes he did not perform for us but was injured most of season Farrell has been very poor for some time and Daly was shocking last week. 

When it comes to moments of brilliance Hogg is more than capable. For me and Gats it seems at the moment Liam is just too much of a risk because that moment of brilliance can easily become a costly error sometimes even petulence. I agree he is the most capable under a high ball & given it seems to be Gatland's plan I fully understand others views.
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2021 at 9:49am
Murray must be the luckiest player to be chosen as a starter, IMO - Price played a high tempo game which helped to tire out the SA players. I can't help but feel that Murray's slower and more static game will suit them much better... we'll see.
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2021 at 9:54am

Murray must be the luckiest player to be chosen as a starter, IMO - Price played a high tempo game which helped to tire out the SA players. I can't help but feel that Murray's slower and more static game will suit them much better... we'll see.

Yes the Murray situation is interesting. Perhaps Price's increase in tempo they think is better suited to the final 30 minutes. Gatland I hope is not planning to come from behind again. 
scarletabroad View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletabroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2021 at 10:10am
Be interesting post tour when all the dirt tends to come out why Adams hasn’t been in the test 23 especially if he doesn’t make next week?

As for the team whilst vunipola is an understandable choice due to Wyn injury I wonder how long he’ll be able to perform for fitness wise

Harris swap he was my starter so happy with that and deserved

Murray I hope has a much better game than last time Price I thought was excellent

Toby again will offer a bit more than Watson IF he finds his big game mojo

Ken and Cowan much of a muchness

Farrell that kick cemented his spot 🙁

The rest picks it self really

Edited by scarletabroad - 28 July 2021 at 10:13am
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2021 at 11:01am
Originally posted by scarletabroad scarletabroad wrote:

Be interesting post tour when all the dirt tends to come out why Adams hasn’t been in the test 23 especially if he doesn’t make next week?

As for the team whilst vunipola is an understandable choice due to Wyn injury I wonder how long he’ll be able to perform for fitness wise

Murray I hope has a much better game than last time Price I thought was excellent

Why does there have to be anything sinister behind it? The Lions have world class options in the back three so there were always going to be other world class players missing out. It's sport it happens.
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
scarletabroad View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletabroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2021 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Why does there have to be anything sinister behind it? The Lions have world class options in the back three so there were always going to be other world class players missing out. It's sport it happens.

Doesn’t have to be sinister would like to know the reasoning behind the decision not play one of the most prolific try scorers of the season yes Gatlond has his reasons he’s coach and very successful, so I would be interested, nothing in wrong in that is there?? As for better players when it comes to the wing spot personally in my opinion is the position with by comparison to others is the weakest position so to not see Adams is a surprise non inclusion it may be injury may be head not right post baby who knows.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2021 at 12:47pm

Doesn’t have to be sinister would like to know the reasoning behind the decision not play one of the most prolific try scorers of the season yes Gatlond has his reasons he’s coach and very successful, so I would be interested, nothing in wrong in that is there?? As for better players when it comes to the wing spot personally in my opinion is the position with by comparison to others is the weakest position so to not see Adams is a surprise non inclusion it may be injury may be head not right post baby who knows.

Can't really see how you consider wing/back 3 as being weak. The non playing 3 of Liam, LRZ & Adams would not let anyone down so the competition is tough. I repeat that I would have gone with Adams before both Watson & Duhan but Gatland & his assistants (Townsend & Tandy in this instance) see it differently. Win the series and who is going to argue. Lose Saturday and then the only guys who will be certain of their shirts are probably Furlong, Itoje, AWJ & Henshaw - thats how much quality is in this squad. 
dyniol53 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyniol53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2021 at 2:06pm
Out of curiosity why do we think LRZ is barely in the conversation for test starting?

As in, I know people don't NOT rate him but he seems to be behind all the other wing/fbs in the pecking order.

For me he has something different to Watson, Duhan and Adams.

Is it his defence? His kicking? Just his age/experience? 
https://twitter.com/exile_podcast?lang=en
dyniol53 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyniol53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2021 at 2:09pm

As for better players when it comes to the wing spot personally in my opinion is the position with by comparison to others is the weakest position so to not see Adams is a surprise non inclusion it may be injury may be head not right post baby who knows.

Can't really see how you consider wing/back 3 as being weak. The non playing 3 of Liam, LRZ & Adams would not let anyone down so the competition is tough. I repeat that I would have gone with Adams before both Watson & Duhan but Gatland & his assistants (Townsend & Tandy in this instance) see it differently.

From a Wales perspective that's a tasty back three and let's hope they're all fit and firing to get us through to RWC 2023
https://twitter.com/exile_podcast?lang=en
Mogwen View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mogwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2021 at 2:13pm
You can see the benefit of having your national coach as one of the assistants to Gats. If townsend wasnt there the likes of fagerson, price, harris and possiblt VDM wouldnt even be on the plane, let alone starting tests
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2021 at 2:15pm
Cawdor the forgotten man as well… Just disappeared. I think that too many players went on this short tour. Too much surplus slack of top class players. Must be a personal challenge and test of mental strength,to accept the sense of rejection when not picked especially in their bubbled up mini world 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3637383940 50>
  Share Topic