Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Scarlets v Blues match thread...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 21>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2021 at 1:27pm
We haven't got the internationals next week as they head into a bubble as I understand it.

With the injuries as well its:
9. Blacker
10. Costellow
11. Conbeer
12. Asquith
13. Hughes
14. Prydie
15. Angus

Do we have a another fit back to come in on bench on top of Homer and Dan Jones?

We are looking at 11 changes at least from the side that played last night for next week. That's internationals only. That's before we think about the injuries to Kalamafoni, Cassiem, Steff Evs. 

Sponsored Links

GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2021 at 1:29pm
Originally posted by PE SA PE SA wrote:

We haven't got the internationals next week as they head into a bubble as I understand it.

9. Blacker
10. Costellow
11. Conbeer
12. Asquith
13. Hughes
14. Prydie
15. Angus

Do we have a another fit back to come in on bench on top of Homer and Dan Jones?

We are looking at 11 changes at least from the side that played last night for next week. That's internationals only. That's before we think about the injuries to Kalamafoni, Cassiem, Steff Evs. 

McNichol will be with us. Was Casseim injured? 
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2021 at 1:41pm
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

Back to blaming the ref I see. 

What bit of "First of all, let's make one thing clear - the Blues deserved to win" do you not understand?

Fe wnaf gyfiaethu i'r Gymraeg it it, os bydd hynny yn dy helpu:

"GAD I FI WNEUD UN PETH YN GLIR - YR OEDD Y GLEISION YN HAEDDU ENNILL".

If that's no go - I'll do it in French if that helps you.
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2021 at 1:48pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

9. Blacker
10. Costellow
11. Conbeer
12. Asquith
13. Hughes
14. Prydie
15. Angus

Can't see how. He's in Welsh squad and pivac has said the bubbles are being formed. 
We won't get anyone before 6N starts in my opinion. We had some in the middle of AI when there was uproar that players aren't playing. I hope you're right but I don't think any Welsh squad player is available next week going on pivac comments. 
Cassiem went down at the end when he was penalised. He was being seen to for a while. How he was after it I'm not sure as the game was over. But he was struggling with the physios. 
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2021 at 1:50pm
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

I’m not sure Arhip will be cited. 

Let’s have a pint on it 👍

FWIW - one of the Blues players went up to Arhip and tapped him on the head as Kalamfoni was being seen to, as if to say "I'm sorry you'll be leaving the pitch soon..."
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2021 at 1:59pm

9. Blacker
10. Costellow
11. Conbeer
12. Asquith
13. Hughes
14. Prydie
15. Angus

That doesn't look a bad back line, given the absentees...
Dic Penderyn View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dic Penderyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2021 at 2:07pm
Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

Back to blaming the ref I see. 

What bit of "First of all, let's make one thing clear - the Blues deserved to win" do you not understand?

Fe wnaf gyfiaethu i'r Gymraeg it it, os bydd hynny yn dy helpu:

"GAD I FI WNEUD UN PETH YN GLIR - YR OEDD Y GLEISION YN HAEDDU ENNILL".

If that's no go - I'll do it in French if that helps you.

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2021 at 2:31pm

Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

9. Blacker
10. Costellow
11. Conbeer
12. Asquith
13. Hughes
14. Prydie
15. Angus

Can't see how. He's in Welsh squad and pivac has said the bubbles are being formed. 
We won't get anyone before 6N starts in my opinion. We had some in the middle of AI when there was uproar that players aren't playing. I hope you're right but I don't think any Welsh squad player is available next week going on pivac comments. 
Cassiem went down at the end when he was penalised. He was being seen to for a while. How he was after it I'm not sure as the game was over. But he was struggling with the physios. 

McNichol isn't in the Welsh squad?
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2021 at 2:33pm
Apologies I thought he was! My bad! 
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2021 at 2:39pm

Is  attemps to tackle last night were an embarrassment.
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2021 at 2:48pm
Last night spelt out in spades why we need to keep young players like Jac and Knott. Unfortunately we are too late for Jac but hopefully we can keep Knott
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2021 at 2:53pm
Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

Last night spelt out in spades why we need to keep young players like Jac and Knott. Unfortunately we are too late for Jac but hopefully we can keep Knott

Keep Conbeer, and recruit Michael Collins if he's available. Would give us stability and some experience in the backs.

gorau View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gorau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2021 at 2:57pm
Is Jac definitely leaving? I don't think it's coincidence since his injury we've got backwards. If I was on the board I'd do everything to keep him!
eds
gorau View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gorau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2021 at 2:58pm
WOL reporting the Ospreys are chasing Michael Collins. He's a great player. Apparently he wants to play for Wales, if he was to return to Wales then I hope the board move in for him. A player we could do with, he can cover various positions and a natural footballer.
eds
Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2021 at 3:15pm
WOL now showing the Arhip incident and stating that he was a very lucky man to stay on the field (it’s clear from their photograph and video clip that his elbow makes contact with Sione,s head and the referee is the closest to the incident.
It has certainly divided opinions, between a straight red card and just a bad tackle.
The problem I see at the moment is that to avoid running the risk of getting red carded for a dangerous tackle (anywhere around the next/head area), players are having to go lower, which means that when your 6ft plus you have to stoop down low which means that you run the risk of  exposing you head.
So unfortunately we will see more injuries like Sione’s due to the rule changes. 
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2021 at 3:56pm
Originally posted by Legendinmybathroom Legendinmybathroom wrote:

WOL now showing the Arhip incident and stating that he was a very lucky man to stay on the field (it’s clear from their photograph and video clip that his elbow makes contact with Sione,s head and the referee is the closest to the incident.
It has certainly divided opinions, between a straight red card and just a bad tackle.
The problem I see at the moment is that to avoid running the risk of getting red carded for a dangerous tackle (anywhere around the next/head area), players are having to go lower, which means that when your 6ft plus you have to stoop down low which means that you run the risk of  exposing you head.
So unfortunately we will see more injuries like Sione’s due to the rule changes. 

I believe the rule is quite clear. If elbow tucked into body fair if extended towards player - red card. It is clear from the WOL photo it was extended away from his body so red card for me. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 21>
  Share Topic