Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Mark Orders

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Realwest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Realwest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2022 at 3:20pm
Rumour has it that Orders has to wear man nappies when in Swansea because he can’t contain himself.

He has also memorised the home address of every Ospreys player since regional Rugby started.
Sponsored Links

SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2022 at 2:30pm
Sal, Lofty, that Oracle chap. It's like the good old days. 
Oracle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2022 at 9:36am
Who used to call him Randy Bowell , I think it was speedy or sal 
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2022 at 8:08am
andy howell??
lofty evans View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2022 at 7:43am
Originally posted by Oracle Oracle wrote:

Originally posted by lofty evans lofty evans wrote:

Total wierdo 

Do you remember that other rugby reporter we met in Cardiff....what was his name again 

I don't remember cardiffLOL

What was his name he was a weed of a guy...

In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
Oracle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2022 at 6:45am
Originally posted by lofty evans lofty evans wrote:

Total wierdo 

Do you remember that other rugby reporter we met in Cardiff....what was his name again 

I don't remember cardiffLOL
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2022 at 9:33pm
Originally posted by salmidach salmidach wrote:

I don't agree with the 60 cap rule.....

I believe in the play for Wales, play in Wales!

Salmidach...how are you oh great one ClapClapClapClap

Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2022 at 9:32pm
Originally posted by jeremy windell jeremy windell wrote:

Hes at it again this week pushing for Rhys Webbs inclusion in tne squad.

I'd hate to see the mess on his Rhys Webb bedroom poster...

Now and again he does write up scarlet players, but normally when they are on the brink of moving. His obsession with Jac Morgan is now up there with Webb and Tipuric. 

A strange fella 

It's probably because jac is in the prone position Jeremy....

Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2022 at 9:31pm

Total wierdo 

Oracle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2022 at 9:09pm
Total wierdo 
jeremy windell View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeremy windell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2022 at 8:30pm
Hes at it again this week pushing for Rhys Webbs inclusion in tne squad.

I'd hate to see the mess on his Rhys Webb bedroom poster...

Now and again he does write up scarlet players, but normally when they are on the brink of moving. His obsession with Jac Morgan is now up there with Webb and Tipuric. 

A strange fella 
Go ahead..........Take those banana's
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2022 at 9:14am
Originally posted by salmidach salmidach wrote:

Well that would certainly have avoided the nonsense situations which we had with Francis, Webb, Young & Priestland. 
salmidach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salmidach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2022 at 9:03am

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance - Terry Pratchett
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2022 at 7:31am
Originally posted by scarletabroad scarletabroad wrote:

The 60 cap rule I do in principle agree with it, be it for player welfare [preventing them being overplayed etc. But can see the counter argument of other country based players. Yes the regions suffer with access to players and it needs sorting with the URC fixtures not clashing etc.
BUT
Do people actually think that if we allowed players to ply their trade to the highest bidder we would have any of the welsh internationals playing in wales!!!?
The reality is they would be gone within a season not necessarily first choice but they would be gone as squad fillers if nothing else.
This reason alone I think is why the rule should stay.

On your points supporting the 60 cap rule I would comment as follows. Financially I guess the only countries who could now outbid Welsh clubs are France & Japan. English clubs are now restricted. Why would an International player jeopardise his chances of playing for his country by becoming a squad filler? I know its sometimes more difficult to get out of the Welsh squad than in it but unless you are playing regularly you are going to have problems. 
scarletabroad View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletabroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2022 at 2:52pm
The 60 cap rule I do in principle agree with it, be it for player welfare [preventing them being overplayed etc. But can see the counter argument of other country based players. Yes the regions suffer with access to players and it needs sorting with the URC fixtures not clashing etc.
BUT
Do people actually think that if we allowed players to ply their trade to the highest bidder we would have any of the welsh internationals playing in wales!!!?
The reality is they would be gone within a season not necessarily first choice but they would be gone as squad fillers if nothing else.
This reason alone I think is why the rule should stay.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2022 at 7:35am
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Cawdor is the best available Welsh 9 by a country mile. As for the back up it should be Aled Davies but because we are hell bent on making life as difficult for our coaches as possible you can pick anyone from Hardy, Webb, Rhodri or Tomos as back up. Enough has been said of Tomos which I won't repeat but Hardy has gone backwards this season at a rate of knots starting with a diabolical display in Edinburgh.

Blacker picked up a lot of momentum early season but his form has fallen away along with limited chances. I would be surprised to see both Hardy & Blacker in our squad after next season as we have three 9's with real potential who are going to be pushing very hard. 
How many times does this have to be said? the 60 cap rule makes life a hell of a lot easier for the national coach. Why on earth would Pivac want to cut the amount of time he has with his players by over half? It’s there to benefit him not the pro sides.

Well Steff I am looking at the situation as someone who realises that our system is broken & it needs to be changed if we are to see any improvement in the fortunes of the clubs. For far too long everything in Welsh rugby has centred on team Wales & the chickens are coming home to roost in a big way as team Wales are at last realising that with under financed & under performing regions come the debacle that was losing at home to Italy. 

The 60 cap rule should be scrapped immediately and players should be allowed to market their talents wherever they want without damaging their International prospects. Pivac pays lip service to the rule by stating that he only gets to work with England based players 25% of the time - funnily he only says this when faced with difficult questions over the likes of Reffell etc yet he willingly selects bang average players like Sheedy & Tompkins when he has similarly talented Wales based alternatives. 

The lack of preparation time is a total red herring dreamt up to justify the 60 cap rule - strange how Eddie Jones manages to select his team & prepare them for Internationals with a similar amount of time as Pivac has his non Wales based players and he also has to make final preparations during game week with a maximum of 26 players.

It is high time that everyone realises that the only beneficiaries of the 60 cap rule are team Wales. You have tried in vain to convince me that the clubs have also benefitted by citing certain players returning to Wales or indeed some who have not left - I would put forward that Liam returning has had zero benefit for the Scarlets. I would also suggest that if any member of the Scarlets squad has been made to stay due to the 60 cap rule then it would probably have been better for the Scarlets for him to go as we need a dressing room totally committed to performing in the Scarlet shirt as their only way of getting higher recognition. 
I’ve said all along that the 60 cap rule is purely there to help team Wales. With that in mind why would Pivac or the WRU scrap it? You can’t compare Wales to England given the difference in playing numbers etc. Pivac needs full access to his players to have any chance of success

I appreciate that Pivac would not wish to change the rules but someone with some foresight needs to look at the bigger picture for the long term benefit of Welsh rugby & if that means sacrificing Pivac's access to players and putting him on the same footing as Gregor Townsend & Eddie Jones so be it.

Your point about not being able to compare England & Wales I do not agree with. Eddie & Pivac start off with roughly the same size squads 35-38. Eddie has to let all but 25/26 return to their clubs for training on the Wednesday before the test weekend. Pivac has around 30-32 players available that week made up of English based players in the 23 and Welsh based players. Very few currently are released back to their clubs. If access % was so important then Pivac has a slight advantage over Eddie. 

As is customary with Pivac his management of his squad is carried out far too much in the media. Having access to players for only 25% of the training period is constantly used as a reason not to pick certain players but doesn't enter the equation with others - its a complete nonsense. Gatland may well have thought along similar lines but he wasn't foolish enough to blab it about in public. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 12>
  Share Topic