Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Mark Orders

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 12>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Clifton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2022 at 5:28pm
Booth is a good coach and has markedly turned around the Ospreys. Compare them now to the depths they were at with Tandy/Clarke. The damage done will take years to fix, and Booth has slowly but visibly improved the squad as he can. One by one he’s gotten rid of some of the paycheck collectors.
Sponsored Links

Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2022 at 5:41pm
I think it’s almost mandatory for a journalist these days (who wants to make his/her way to the top) to retain his credentials and integrity by offering up only considered and thought provoking pieces, with at least some balance and analysis.

This recent article was weak, and a thinly veiled and very stretched attempt to pick individual successes from a team failure, and so continue the long litany of pro Ospreys articles from his pen.

He’s touting Griffiths as a future Welsh captain made me chuckle as it’s based on quotes from a coach who ( no disrespect meant) has not played or coached professional rugby, and not attained anything ( unless you count relegation as an attribute) at semi pro level.
That’s not even bending things to fit a pre determined outcome ( which I can cope with) that’s just rank poor journalism.

Don’t get me wrong on Morgan, he’s excellent and as certain to be capped by Wales as there is right now, and had a great game, but you can’t just embellish the positives and ignore the negatives. He missed a crucial tackle that enabled our last try for example, was unable to bring Cawdor down when he went for a dart on the blind side in the 1st half ( luckily there was cover, but it was his man)
He also won’t be first choice for the O’s when Tips is fit. Wales are not short of quality 7’s, and if all remain fit, then Morgan is not in the running right now.

The overall standard of Welsh rugby journalism isn’t bad at all, Simon and Steff keep that bar up there, not sure what the value addition of a writer that really only has one narrative adds though,
Lee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2022 at 6:05pm
The article reads as if it was written before the match had taken place and was banking on an Ospreys win. He then had to make a few adjustments and additions before publication.

I would have to take his word about the lack of quality in the game as low quality is something that he knows all about. Wink
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2022 at 6:28pm
Originally posted by Dic Penderyn Dic Penderyn wrote:

Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

What is becoming obvious is that the Ospreys have their own equivalent of a Delaney at the helm,and at some point Booth will need to be chucked overboard........how Orders deals with that will be interesting.
In what sense is Booth similar to Delaney?

Come on SN,really?When enough people stop being as disingenuous as you just were,then Booth will be gone.Happy to wait and talk about it then.
You’re the biggest troll in the history of ScarletFever fair play. 
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2022 at 7:35pm

What is becoming obvious is that the Ospreys have their own equivalent of a Delaney at the helm,and at some point Booth will need to be chucked overboard........how Orders deals with that will be interesting.
In what sense is Booth similar to Delaney?

Come on SN,really?When enough people stop being as disingenuous as you just were,then Booth will be gone.Happy to wait and talk about it then.
You’re the biggest troll in the history of ScarletFever fair play. 

You haven’t been on here since day one…….
Dic Penderyn View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dic Penderyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2022 at 3:09pm
Orders today is really the horse that was tethered too long,the dog that was leashed,the bird that was caged.His "player ratings" column for Wales Online makes for difficult reading.He followed that up with a piece gushing praise for George North.No detail was spared by the hopelessly devoted scribe,e.g"The Ospreys went into a team huddle after North came onto the field,with Collins putting a reassuring arm on his team-mate's back".Really.

Edited by Dic Penderyn - 01 May 2022 at 3:10pm
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2022 at 4:00pm

Orders today is really the horse that was tethered too long,the dog that was leashed,the bird that was caged.His "player ratings" column for Wales Online makes for difficult reading.He followed that up with a piece gushing praise for George North.No detail was spared by the hopelessly devoted scribe,e.g"The Ospreys went into a team huddle after North came onto the field,with Collins putting a reassuring arm on his team-mate's back".Really.

You sound a bit “ enraptured  “ by the physical imagery. Do you possibly read romantic novels? I can recommend Barbara Cartland and her dashing male leads ( usually on horseback mind)  !!😉😂 

Edited by reesytheexile - 01 May 2022 at 4:01pm
Dic Penderyn View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dic Penderyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2022 at 4:32pm
Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

You sound a bit “ enraptured  “ by the physical imagery. Do you possibly read romantic novels? I can recommend Barbara Cartland and her dashing male leads ( usually on horseback mind)  !!😉😂 

You know what quotation marks are for,yeah?
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2022 at 8:16pm
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

I think it’s almost mandatory for a journalist these days (who wants to make his/her way to the top) to retain his credentials and integrity by offering up only considered and thought provoking pieces, with at least some balance and analysis.

This recent article was weak, and a thinly veiled and very stretched attempt to pick individual successes from a team failure, and so continue the long litany of pro Ospreys articles from his pen.

He’s touting Griffiths as a future Welsh captain made me chuckle as it’s based on quotes from a coach who ( no disrespect meant) has not played or coached professional rugby, and not attained anything ( unless you count relegation as an attribute) at semi pro level.
That’s not even bending things to fit a pre determined outcome ( which I can cope with) that’s just rank poor journalism.

Don’t get me wrong on Morgan, he’s excellent and as certain to be capped by Wales as there is right now, and had a great game, but you can’t just embellish the positives and ignore the negatives. He missed a crucial tackle that enabled our last try for example, was unable to bring Cawdor down when he went for a dart on the blind side in the 1st half ( luckily there was cover, but it was his man)
He also won’t be first choice for the O’s when Tips is fit. Wales are not short of quality 7’s, and if all remain fit, then Morgan is not in the running right now.

The overall standard of Welsh rugby journalism isn’t bad at all, Simon and Steff keep that bar up there, not sure what the value addition of a writer that really only has one narrative adds though,
do you think the ospreys will play morgan and tupric in same team? Personally i think morgan is the best welsh 7 i’d have a back row of him naividi and felatau i don’t think griffiths will be a future welsh captain but morgan will be . Orders fawning over webb is a bit weird tbh

Edited by RR1972 - 01 May 2022 at 8:20pm
Jones2004 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jones2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2022 at 11:29pm
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

do you think the ospreys will play morgan and tupric in same team? Personally i think morgan is the best welsh 7 i’d have a back row of him naividi and felatau i don’t think griffiths will be a future welsh captain but morgan will be . Orders fawning over webb is a bit weird tbh
How many times was he charged down in the first half? Once can be unlucky, but the amount he was charged down suggested a serious inability to organise a ‘caterpillar ruck’. On the basis of yesterday I’d have Cawdor and Kieran in the Welsh team every day of the week over Webb. 
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2022 at 7:37am
Cawdor is the best available Welsh 9 by a country mile. As for the back up it should be Aled Davies but because we are hell bent on making life as difficult for our coaches as possible you can pick anyone from Hardy, Webb, Rhodri or Tomos as back up. Enough has been said of Tomos which I won't repeat but Hardy has gone backwards this season at a rate of knots starting with a diabolical display in Edinburgh.

Blacker picked up a lot of momentum early season but his form has fallen away along with limited chances. I would be surprised to see both Hardy & Blacker in our squad after next season as we have three 9's with real potential who are going to be pushing very hard. 
townboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote townboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2022 at 8:41am
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Cawdor is the best available Welsh 9 by a country mile. As for the back up it should be Aled Davies but because we are hell bent on making life as difficult for our coaches as possible you can pick anyone from Hardy, Webb, Rhodri or Tomos as back up. Enough has been said of Tomos which I won't repeat but Hardy has gone backwards this season at a rate of knots starting with a diabolical display in Edinburgh.

Blacker picked up a lot of momentum early season but his form has fallen away along with limited chances. I would be surprised to see both Hardy & Blacker in our squad after next season as we have three 9's with real potential who are going to be pushing very hard. 

I was in Llandovery on Saturday watching their game against Bridgend and was told that Harry Williams one of young 9’s has been released along with Tomi Lewis..Not sure how much truth is in this thou
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2022 at 10:15am

How many times does this have to be said? the 60 cap rule makes life a hell of a lot easier for the national coach. Why on earth would Pivac want to cut the amount of time he has with his players by over half? It’s there to benefit him not the pro sides.
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2022 at 10:45am
Would mcbryde be a good pick as head coach for the drags?
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2022 at 10:48am

How many times does this have to be said? the 60 cap rule makes life a hell of a lot easier for the national coach. Why on earth would Pivac want to cut the amount of time he has with his players by over half? It’s there to benefit him not the pro sides.
quick q on the 38 player picks, do we ever get to see the full list? Is it done on say 2 players per position and then 8 spares or could it be any mix of 38? Eg ten back rowers and no wingers?  It’s all very secretive for some reason. Pivac can’t settle on his best 15 let alone 38 , look at the way he moved heaven and earth to get webb here then binned him then his treatment of holmes, then basham he is not consistent at all.   I have no faith in him selecting his test 23 from the 38 centrally contracted players tbh, nailed on the wru are paying 80 per cent of a players salary who won’t get a test cap next year

Edited by RR1972 - 02 May 2022 at 10:53am
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2022 at 11:24am
Andy Howell was Charles Dickens compared to Mark Orders. He really is an awful journalist. All his pieces start with some random mini story. He must have got some of his influences from Ronnie Corbett monologues. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 12>
  Share Topic