Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

WRU

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2122232425 26>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jones2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2022 at 7:06pm
Originally posted by dyniol53 dyniol53 wrote:

Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

Here’s what I don’t get. The matches sell out so they can’t be overpriced. What’s the WRU gonna do? Lower prices, still sell out but be out of pocket. 
Scotland and New Zealand sold out this year.

South Africa, Fiji, Australia, France and Italy did not.

They have effectively lost revenue-per-attendee by creating an alcohol free area within the stadium. They had to create an alcohol free area because a non-trivial % of attendees are barely interested in rugby. 

But they could have equally reserved that same area for reduced price tickets with a qualifying aspect like the red-wall in the football. E.g. Active rugby club membership, active membership of a choir, a season ticket holder at one of the regions etc. something that’s not just “how much money do you have cause that’s all we care about”…
Agree with what you say. On cordoning off an area of the stadium for a louder atmosphere / standing tickets I’d suggest selling a ‘year ticket’ which costs £150-200 for all 6/7 games in the year (with options to pay in instalments). That offers cheaper tickets, as well as a regular fan base (a point that is often forgotten when talking about building atmosphere). Some more tickets could also then be sold for individual games in the standing section. I doubt it would cost the WRU as much as it seems at first sight as these tickets would be situated behind the posts (somewhere where tickets are generally cheaper anyway), and a better atmosphere should draw in more fans for the autumn and Italy games. 
Sponsored Links

SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2022 at 7:22pm
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

They didn’t sell out the France nor Italy games though.

There was furor over the Friday night game and poor crowds. It was the first time a Friday night game hasn’t sold out. The current climate involving covid hasn’t helped with crowds this season. 
dyniol53 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyniol53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2022 at 8:05pm
If I were the WRU I would ignore the whinging keyboard warriors like me and sell tickets for £100k a piece and if 50 people show up they’ve made a profit.
https://twitter.com/exile_podcast?lang=en
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2022 at 1:07pm

Originally posted by Sir Duckling Tuft Sir Duckling Tuft wrote:

Originally posted by Dic Penderyn Dic Penderyn wrote:

Originally posted by Mogwen Mogwen wrote:

The WRU need to take a leaft out of the FAW's approach to match day. The atmosphere last night in the Wales v Austria game was immense. No pointless music, just fans signing pasionately and the anthem was something else.

It just gets better and better .......It does help when you have ramsey and bale but still, I like the way the FAW and city stadium seem to adapt to new ideas all with a view to enhance the experience and atmosphere for fans

The final will be meltdown for atmosphere, if its the scots it will be immense with a rematch for the infamous joe jordan debacle 40 yrs ago..BUT if its with Ukraine that will be an incredible occasion for a multitude of reasons too. 

In what way have they enhanced the atmosphere and experience?

Why don't you go and have a look?The tickets are reasonably priced.

They started around £40 for last week same as wales games. 

6 nations tickets were between £70 and £110 for france and scotland

Here’s what I don’t get. The matches sell out so they can’t be overpriced. What’s the WRU gonna do? Lower prices, still sell out but be out of pocket. 

They didnt sell out though ?
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2022 at 7:29pm
Originally posted by roy munster roy munster wrote:

The WRU need to take a leaft out of the FAW's approach to match day. The atmosphere last night in the Wales v Austria game was immense. No pointless music, just fans signing pasionately and the anthem was something else.

It just gets better and better .......It does help when you have ramsey and bale but still, I like the way the FAW and city stadium seem to adapt to new ideas all with a view to enhance the experience and atmosphere for fans

The final will be meltdown for atmosphere, if its the scots it will be immense with a rematch for the infamous joe jordan debacle 40 yrs ago..BUT if its with Ukraine that will be an incredible occasion for a multitude of reasons too. 

The world at the moment isn’t exactly normal. 
Sir Duckling Tuft View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sir Duckling Tuft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2022 at 8:07pm

You said they sell out, but they dont
The scots irish and english games sold out , but the welsh had 11,000 unsold tickets for france , unheard of in the history of the 6 nations. Worrying stats especially as weve already had empty stadiums for nearly 2 years
sir duckling tuft
Jones2004 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jones2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2022 at 9:23pm

It’s not but it’s then the responsibility of the WRU to adapt to that. If you’re selling tickets for £100 and then you don’t sell out, then that is a massive pricing failure by the organisation, whatever the external circumstances. 
Mr Ian View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Ian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2022 at 2:16pm

Wales - Ireland under 18...second half 19 - 20
Kentexile View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kentexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2022 at 8:35am
Didn’t end well 46-26 to Ireland .
surfing-mtber View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote surfing-mtber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2022 at 11:10am
Stirling defence by Wales at the start of the 2nd half, stopped 3 or 4 tries, then gave away two intercept tries in attacking positions!
Joshua24:15
Antietam1 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Antietam1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2022 at 2:45pm
Apparently that is a much stronger Irish team  compared to the one at the start of the competition
badabing badabook
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2022 at 7:13am
Not often i agree with any of the tripe in the WOL but the headline last night summed up how i feel about regional rugby at present given the usual merry go round of funding talks "WRU  sucking the life out of welsh fans" things are never going to change unless the regions take some drastic action against the union what that would be i don't know but we can't continue season after season.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2022 at 7:39am
Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

Not often i agree with any of the tripe in the WOL but the headline last night summed up how i feel about regional rugby at present given the usual merry go round of funding talks "WRU  sucking the life out of welsh fans" things are never going to change unless the regions take some drastic action against the union what that would be i don't know but we can't continue season after season.

Yes Nigel it gets pretty tedious. Positive remarks by some members of the PRA and Nigel Walker saying we were on the same page and getting close to an agreement is being shown to be a smokescreen with the amount of money being offered by the WRU being unchanged from the outset of the discussions. A concerted action plan by all regions would certainly concentrate the minds of the WRU. 

The article suggests that regions should withdraw release of players outside the window but that isn't anywhere near drastic enough. My suggestion would be to limit the amount of gametime for the 38 chosen players so that they would arrive at campaigns under cooked. Of course this decision needs to be conveyed to the WRU and players pre-season and be concerted. I accept that this may have a knock on effect on the success of the regions but we are hardly going to do much worse.

It would be tough on the players of course but surely it would concentrate the minds of the WRU when a failing AB's team puts 40-50 points on Wales in the Autumn. A short, sharp pain which showed the teeth of the regions acting in harmony would perhaps wake up Butcher & Phillips. 
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2022 at 8:33am
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

Yes Nigel it gets pretty tedious. Positive remarks by some members of the PRA and Nigel Walker saying we were on the same page and getting close to an agreement is being shown to be a smokescreen with the amount of money being offered by the WRU being unchanged from the outset of the discussions. A concerted action plan by all regions would certainly concentrate the minds of the WRU. 

The article suggests that regions should withdraw release of players outside the window but that isn't anywhere near drastic enough. My suggestion would be to limit the amount of gametime for the 38 chosen players so that they would arrive at campaigns under cooked. Of course this decision needs to be conveyed to the WRU and players pre-season and be concerted. I accept that this may have a knock on effect on the success of the regions but we are hardly going to do much worse.

It would be tough on the players of course but surely it would concentrate the minds of the WRU when a failing AB's team puts 40-50 points on Wales in the Autumn. A short, sharp pain which showed the teeth of the regions acting in harmony would perhaps wake up Butcher & Phillips. 
Are we heading for «Wrexit »  or similar?

The funding of the clubs has been sufficient to see the upper ends of the URC a Welsh club-free zone.

WRU governance and starvation ration financing are wrecking the professional clubs. « WRUWrexit »

A WRU exit, by the pro clubs, wouldn’t appear to be feasible unless some really revolutionary action is planned in pursuit of a suitable end goal that’s attainable.

Edited by Eastern outpost - 10 August 2022 at 8:36am
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
salmidach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salmidach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2022 at 11:11am
I think welsh fans have to realise that the regions will never be competitive whilst under the yoke of the WRU.

I'd love to go back to only welsh clubs playing each other. I have no love for the URC or any of the other teams playing in it. 

European rugby has lost it's appeal after cutting the number of group games to 4... rugby is going to poo...
They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance - Terry Pratchett
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2022 at 11:13am
Until there is root and branch change at the top of the WRU and the same with the constitution of the organisation then regional rugby as well as club rugby is knackered. 
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2122232425 26>
  Share Topic