Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Departing Players

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Departing Players
    Posted: 17 May 2021 at 3:32pm
https://www.scarlets.wales/article/scarlets-make-presentations-to-departing-players/

Jake Ball
Werner Kruger
Paul Asquith
Uzair Cassiem
Dylan Evans
Ed Kennedy
Tom Phillips
Jac Morgan
Osian Knott
Pieter Scholtz
Joe Miles
Will Homer

Edited by minded - 17 May 2021 at 3:33pm
Sponsored Links

Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2021 at 3:37pm
Good to see this in one press release. Add Tex to the list ( already left ).

PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2021 at 3:45pm
All the best to all players and a big diolch yn fawr to them all.
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2021 at 3:48pm
Yep, many of those listed gave everything for us. There are definitely a couple I am sad to see go but everyone of them have their reasons. Was always impressed when I saw Homer play.
Dai Guevara View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai Guevara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2021 at 4:06pm
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

Yep, many of those listed gave everything for us. There are definitely a couple I am sad to see go but everyone of them have their reasons. Was always impressed when I saw Homer play.

Yes, Homer was certainly better than the average 4th choice scrum-half and had more pace than most of our backs. He deserves the chance to move to a squad that will give him a better chance to progress.
Tony Clifton View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Clifton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2021 at 4:14pm
Beyond disappointed that Kennedy and Asquith are leaving. Far better than others who stuck around. Thanks for all the folks leaving have given us.
shocker View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2021 at 4:21pm
There must be a few players that have breathed a sigh of relief of not being released.
Will we now go out and get genuine pace  and quality to replace them or will we work with what's left
Sandman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sandman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2021 at 4:41pm
The importance of the above list will only be seen after the new recruitment plan is finalised. Some of the players named above didn’t play much for us anyway, some deserved more game time and others put massive shifts in for us. We’ll have to wait and see if the new recruits will be and improvement on those that are leaving. Modern rugby is a cutthroat business. Wish all the departing players all the best of luck for the future and my gratitude for their services. 
Only one team plays in red. (Sorry, Scarlet)
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2021 at 4:45pm
Disappointed that Kennedy who is still only 26 and welsh qualified is going unless of course he wants to return home as he is the sort of just below Welsh international level we want? 🤔 Sorry for loyal Scarlet Tom Phillips who has been hampered by several long term injuries before he got going at senior level. Departure seemed inevitable. 
Jones2004 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jones2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2021 at 4:46pm
As others have said good luck to all the players leaving us. I must confess, with the restructuring of the season I’m surprised that more players haven’t left us, especially at hooker where we seem to have 5 or 6 first team players, if my maths is correct. 
Rob o'r Bont View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Optimist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob o'r Bont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2021 at 4:49pm
Originally posted by Dai Guevara Dai Guevara wrote:

Yes, Homer was certainly better than the average 4th choice scrum-half and had more pace than most of our backs. He deserves the chance to move to a squad that will give him a better chance to progress.
Indeed.  I can see Homer popping up in another team and tormenting us in a few years time. Who will be our 4th scrum half next season then? Assuming we will still need 4. 

Best of luck to the departing players.  There are some top blokes in that list.  Shame we didn't get a chance to wave them off at PyS.  All the best to them all. Clap

Edited by Rob o'r Bont - 17 May 2021 at 4:49pm
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2021 at 4:54pm
Thank you all for your efforts in the Scarlet shirt. Sorry to see you all go, but I sincerely wish you all the very very best in the future. You'll always be made welcome when you return to visit us at Parc y Scarlets.

Pob lwc i chi gyd.
shocker View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2021 at 4:56pm
Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

Thank you all for your efforts in the Scarlet shirt. Sorry to see you all go, but I sincerely wish you all the very very best in the future. You'll always be made welcome when you return to visit us at Parc y Scarlets.

Pob lwc i chi gyd.

Even the ones that will run out in black next yearLOL
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2021 at 5:12pm
Originally posted by Rob o'r Bont Rob o'r Bont wrote:

Originally posted by Dai Guevara Dai Guevara wrote:

Indeed.  I can see Homer popping up in another team and tormenting us in a few years time. Who will be our 4th scrum half next season then? Assuming we will still need 4. 

Best of luck to the departing players.  There are some top blokes in that list.  Shame we didn't get a chance to wave them off at PyS.  All the best to them all. Clap
We def need 4 scrum halves with Hardy and Cawdor away with Wales 
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
ScarletBear View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2021 at 5:22pm
Originally posted by Tony Clifton Tony Clifton wrote:

Beyond disappointed that Kennedy and Asquith are leaving. Far better than others who stuck around. Thanks for all the folks leaving have given us.

Fully agree. 
Scarlets before Wales
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2021 at 5:36pm
Originally posted by shocker shocker wrote:

Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

Pob lwc i chi gyd.

Even the ones that will run out in black next yearLOL

Nope !
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
  Share Topic