Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Javan Sebastian

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Clifton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2021 at 8:03pm
Originally posted by Jones2004 Jones2004 wrote:

As others have said congratulations to him, it’s well deserved. I however don’t see him being involved in the Scotland squad in the long term. He IMO is a solid club player but doesn’t seem an international quality player when full squads are chosen. I’d love to be proven wrong but at the moment I’m not worried from a Scarlets’ POV.
Scotland roll through call ups more than any other nation. Four years ago it was Luke Hamilton (yep, that one) and a bloke called Darryl Marfo, then onto the next. Scotland are unable to sustain a competitive international team with what they produce, and will be increasingly reliant on grandparents etc, especially with 3 years now 5 for any conversions.
Sponsored Links

RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2021 at 10:16pm
Good luck to him. I don’t see him as a test player but he always gives 100 per cent so i’m delighted for him.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2021 at 5:03am
Proud day for him and his family. Congratulations.
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2021 at 5:02pm
Congratulations to Javan - and the experience can only improve him as a player. Realistically, he's not likely to be in the Scotland squad when all are available, but with so many injuries it's certainly not impossible. He's a very decent player.
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
John View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2021 at 6:02pm
Go for it Javan.... a great opportunity for him. One can't really say how good he is because he's still improving. But as Scotland tight heads are either ageing or intent on taking on disciplinary processes ( Mr Fagerson), he may well be capped fairly soon. 

Edited by John - 02 June 2021 at 6:02pm
turkishrebel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2021 at 10:30am
proud day for javan and i hope he really really does well for the scots. but it leave us with what could be a shortage of tight heads. if javan is regularly selected for scotland we may be a little thin on a position which is so physically tough
Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2021 at 1:15pm
Congratulations to Javan who has been named on the bench as Scotland face Japan on Saturday.
Mugwuffin View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mugwuffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2021 at 5:09pm
I wonder if Wales’ tighthead shortage factored into Townsend’s decision to select Sebastian for this one. 
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2021 at 6:45pm
Originally posted by Mugwuffin Mugwuffin wrote:

I wonder if Wales’ tighthead shortage factored into Townsend’s decision to select Sebastian for this one. 
It’s a shame to lose him to Scotland but then his chances of playing for Wales were low - in fact how many caps will be actually get for Scotland I wonder? 🤔
John View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2021 at 6:52pm
Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

It’s a shame to lose him to Scotland but then his chances of playing for Wales were low - in fact how many caps will be actually get for Scotland I wonder? 🤔

Probably not alot but it seems he will get a cap now. For a journeyman pro, to win an international cap has to be a major achievement. Well done Javan and enjoy it.
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2021 at 7:00pm
Originally posted by John John wrote:

Probably not alot but it seems he will get a cap now. For a journeyman pro, to win an international cap has to be a major achievement. Well done Javan and enjoy it.
Yes I agree. I always felt sorry for Llanelli and Scarlets loose prop Phil John who missed out despite playing some excellent rugby in his final 2-3 years . 

Edited by reesytheexile - 18 November 2021 at 7:00pm
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2021 at 7:26pm

The irony is he’s a better scrummager than some of the props in the current Wales squad 
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
Huwbach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huwbach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2021 at 7:54pm

Journeyman??!
John View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2021 at 11:13pm
Originally posted by Huwbach Huwbach wrote:

Journeyman??!

Up to now, yes... 3rd/4th choice at his club, took some time and a false start or two coming through to that position. 

But rip it up for Scotland, shift that disciplinary liability Zander Fagerson out of the Scottish team and prove me wrong. I'm sure that's his ambition this week and I hope he does.
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2021 at 11:30pm
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

The irony is he’s a better scrummager than some of the props in the current Wales squad 
learnt his trade in the prem seeWink
dyniol53 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyniol53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2021 at 12:04am
To be honest, he’s 27. He’s probably got 2 years before he starts to peak and then maybe another two after that. 

Props are a real slow burning position - most of these SA front rowers who are so dominant right now, Koch, Mbonambi, Malherbe are all 30+, only Ox Nche is 26 and he’s the rawest of them.

And then think how much Wyn has come on in the last 3 years, you’ve got to say that if he knuckles down and gets the right coaching Javan could be a serious player for us and/or Scotland
https://twitter.com/exile_podcast?lang=en
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic