Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New Zealand selection

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 12>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyniol53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2021 at 9:26am
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

Given the injuries to the Blues 10s last night, we could be really struggling for a 10 against the All Blacks. 

At this point it seems likely they’ll pay for Biggar’s release 
https://twitter.com/exile_podcast?lang=en
Sponsored Links

Dic Penderyn View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dic Penderyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2021 at 6:49pm
James Corrigan,in the Telegraph,writes of this fixture-"The WRU-ination of the sport in one of its hotbeds has long been a joke,but this time it has truly surpassed itself.It has arranged the stupidest fixture ever".
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2021 at 8:22am
Originally posted by Dic Penderyn Dic Penderyn wrote:

James Corrigan,in the Telegraph,writes of this fixture-"The WRU-ination of the sport in one of its hotbeds has long been a joke,but this time it has truly surpassed itself.It has arranged the stupidest fixture ever".

That about sums up the WRU quite nicely Dic. 
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2021 at 10:34am
Liam must be doubtful for this game to our back 3 options are fading rApidly
dyniol53 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyniol53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2021 at 10:55am
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

Liam must be doubtful for this game to our back 3 options are fading rApidly

Ideal fixture to blood some youngsters LOL
dyniol53 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyniol53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2021 at 11:01am
At this point. It looks like they could go Priestland with Anscombe on the bench. But as a Scarlet fan I wouldn’t be against giving Costellow a debut off the bench. 

But you’re right about Back 3 - missing halfpenny, LRZ, maybe Liam. Only 1 injury away from Amos getting a start. 

Adams, Holmes McNicholl may well be the back 3. Nothing too exciting but probably not gonna let us down.
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2021 at 11:13am
Originally posted by dyniol53 dyniol53 wrote:

At this point. It looks like they could go Priestland with Anscombe on the bench. But as a Scarlet fan I wouldn’t be against giving Costellow a debut off the bench. 

But you’re right about Back 3 - missing halfpenny, LRZ, maybe Liam. Only 1 injury away from Amos getting a start. 

Adams, Holmes McNicholl may well be the back 3. Nothing too exciting but probably not gonna let us down.
expect jonny to be missing sunday or next week if that is the case as wales won't to risk him.Cry
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2021 at 9:42am
Well now that our Internationals have assembled in the Vale & based on all action over the first 4 weeks my selection for the AB's game is as follows :-

15. Johnny McNicholl 14. Owen Lane 13. Johnny Williams 12. Hahaholo 11. Adams 10. Priestland 9. Tomos
1. Wyn 2. Ken 3. Francis 4. Beard 5. AWJ 6. Moriarty 7. Ellis Jenkins 8. Wainwright

16. Dee 17. Rhodri 18. WGJ 19. Rowlands 20. Basham 21. Cawdor 22. Anscombe 23. Foxy
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2021 at 11:41am
Johnny has to play 12 
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2021 at 12:53pm
Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

Johnny has to play 12 

I take your point Why but I was really thinking about the Scarlets. For me he has the pace & handling ability to make a very good 13 & we have an excellent 12 in Scott. Wales are struggling big time without North at 13; Halaholo does not like 13 & Tompkins for me is no International. It is becoming sad to see Foxy struggle to patrol the wide channels which he used to own. 
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2021 at 1:24pm
I agree we are struggling but Johnny is our best 12 build back line around him time for Baldwin to step up at 13. 
Scott will be very important when internationals are on 
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2021 at 3:10pm
Originally posted by dyniol53 dyniol53 wrote:

Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

Given the injuries to the Blues 10s last night, we could be really struggling for a 10 against the All Blacks. 

At this point it seems likely they’ll pay for Biggar’s release 
absolute waste of money as it won't make a blind bit of difference to the result.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2021 at 9:27am
Well it does appear that there are a few positions open for debate in the starting line up. 12/13 is two from 3 with Foxy's experience seeming to put him in pole for the 12 jersey ahead of Johnny. The call at 10 will be very interesting. Don't see much debate at 9 in all honesty. As for the pack I see two calls who partners AWJ - I can't see beyond Beard myself though there appears to be groundswell for Rowlands on the back of his good start to the season and then a straight choice at 7 between Basham & Jenkins. For me start Basham.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2021 at 9:41am
Am I missing something or is the huge criticism levelled at this fixture way over the top. Commentators suggesting that somehow Wales are being led likes lambs to the slaughter due to the timing of the fixture are way off the mark. The team selected by Pivac will be missing 3 first choice players because of the timing of the game - LRZ, Biggar & Faletau which is hardly a gamechanger. I fully expect the AB's to dish out a good beating on Saturday but its hardly down to the timing of the fixture!!!!!.
dyniol53 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyniol53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2021 at 9:56am
I agree GPR, welsh rugby is too glass half-empty for its own good.

When Biggar plays everyone says “we can’t beat SH teams with a 10 who isn’t a running threat”

This year Faletau had a quiet lions tour, and Bath are hardly firing on all cylinders.

LRZ is brilliant speedster, but hasn’t actually shown a lot more than that. And I still have no idea what he’s like defensively, which is arguably more important vs NZ.

NZ will win the game, and will likely score 6 or 7 tries, but for Pivac this game is about seeing if our attack can break down their defence. Just because we won’t beat NZ doesn’t make it a pointless fixture 
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2021 at 10:34am
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Am I missing something or is the huge criticism levelled at this fixture way over the top. Commentators suggesting that somehow Wales are being led likes lambs to the slaughter due to the timing of the fixture are way off the mark. The team selected by Pivac will be missing 3 first choice players because of the timing of the game - LRZ, Biggar & Faletau which is hardly a gamechanger. I fully expect the AB's to dish out a good beating on Saturday but its hardly down to the timing of the fixture!!!!!.

I think it is more that it is the first fixture & they are coming off the back of the rugby championship but we have a couple of weeks training with no run out.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 12>
  Share Topic