Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Scarlets v Munster match thread 10/10/2021

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 111213
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2021 at 1:33pm
Originally posted by Boisbach Boisbach wrote:

Originally posted by gorau gorau wrote:

The last time we competed in the league Patchell was 10 and we had a full season with him in that position. We desperately need him back. Also, last time we competed in the league, we lost to Leinster in the final, Cubby was in the side.

I hope these 2 are back soon. Sounds promising with Patchell, who we haven't seen in a Scarlets shirt now for a year. Every year since the final v Leinster when we were beaten we've struggled, and every season since then Patchell has hardly played for us. I really think we need him back asap. 

I have doubts about Cubby and if we will ever see him on the pitch ever again. I hope we have McCloud back as soon as possible.

Don’t expect too much from Patchell or the other 10’s, when we are getting battered and out muscled up front.

Exacltly. A pack a forwards coach, a better centre, a better captain, conditioning coach. Peel needs more quality around him. right now its semi pro standard.
Sponsored Links

Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2021 at 1:38pm
Munster have confirmed that RG Snyman has re-ruptured his cruciate ligament that kept him out for a long period previously.

Sad news, never nice to see the opposition players get injured.
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2021 at 3:41pm
Why cant we change course when things are failing so badly? Most welsh players have 20/20 vision in retrospect, they all the right answers about what should have happened in the post match interviews but do nothing to change things during the match ? Mindless

If plan A is failing carry on with plan A then talk about how we should have tried plans b, c, d, e, f, g afterwards. Pathetic.
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2021 at 3:43pm
Originally posted by roy munster roy munster wrote:

Why cant we change course when things are failing so badly? Most welsh players have 20/20 vision in retrospect, they all the right answers about what should have happened in the post match interviews but do nothing to change things during the match ? Mindless

If plan A is failing carry on with plan A then talk about how we should have tried plans b, c, d, e, f, g afterwards. Pathetic.
Did we have a plan A?
Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872
Mrfwon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrfwon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2021 at 3:44pm
Originally posted by EJPT EJPT wrote:

I didn’t see the game as I was at the NFL but I have it recorded. I assume I have nothing to gain by watching it from the score and the comments on here…

Unless you enjoy watching players falling off one on one tackles, leaving the French doors wide open at the ruck, countless times, inviting Munster to just run straight through it.
Scarlets!!!
ynysddurfc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ynysddurfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2021 at 4:30pm
Plan A was was to perform badly in every facet of the game and lul Munster into a false sense of security with a narrow half time lead - they didn't fall for it!
scarletsbeno1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletsbeno1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2021 at 5:21pm
We were like this in the first few seasons under Pivac, remember numerous people calling for his head.
Ride the wave, give Dwayne time iesu Mawr. 
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2021 at 5:24pm
most of our internationals treat the scarlets as a training platform for wales,the shirt should mean more to them.
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2021 at 5:40pm
There were over 11 internationals and 4 British lions playing for us yesterday. I think it’s fair to say people expected a bit better. Even Munster supporters thought Munster had a weak side out. 
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2021 at 6:15pm
Originally posted by scarletsbeno1 scarletsbeno1 wrote:

We were like this in the first few seasons under Pivac, remember numerous people calling for his head.
nobody knocking dwayne but there are far too many players turning up and not playing for the region/coach and far more importantly the shirt and that really pisses me off.
Dic Penderyn View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dic Penderyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2021 at 6:41pm
Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

Originally posted by scarletsbeno1 scarletsbeno1 wrote:

nobody knocking dwayne but there are far too many players turning up and not playing for the region/coach and far more importantly the shirt and that really pisses me off.

.Some of these boys can seem to be very concerned about growing their own 'brand'.I looked at a Linked In profile of a player,which proclaimed that he was"always interested in new challenges".....it does make you think.The biggest problem,I think,is that the system could encourage a certain detachment-the WRU pay 80%....what's the old adage about no dog serving 2 masters?It's a mess,and needs to change.
Mr Ian View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Ian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2021 at 7:22pm
Our Destiny Is close linked with Llanelli and other feeder clubs for development players. They been stopped and was a disgrace for us too..
I feel we Lost our pathway, It s difficoult to step up from a development team go a winning team. Here nobody has the Solution, but I m sure we re in good hands and the players firstly feel the frustation too...

Dai Guevara View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai Guevara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2021 at 7:49pm
Originally posted by supertaf supertaf wrote:

Did we have a plan A?

Plan A is the default plan. Get quick ball and give it to our immensely talented backs who will find a way to score enough tries to win the game.
It begins to become unstuck when the opposition win more possession, and slow down most of what we have. Added to this if they employ an effective blitz defence very few of our backs will get the ball in any space but will still try to pass off-load leaving their team-mates pretty far up nant cachu. We don't have anyone who can carry unless kalamfoni has succeeded in reaching the scene and for some reason no-one will try to chip or grubber, and even if they did few have the pace and determination to successfully follow up. In this respect teams like Munster with young, fit, fast, enthusiastic players have a significant advantage, and we must start finding counter tactics.
Rob o'r Bont View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Optimist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob o'r Bont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2021 at 9:42pm
I'm not even sure their blitz defence was that good.  In the opening 20 minutes their backline stood back and let us come on to them.  We just did lots of silly mistakes.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2021 at 5:30pm
Originally posted by Dai Guevara Dai Guevara wrote:

Originally posted by supertaf supertaf wrote:

Did we have a plan A?

Plan A is the default plan. Get quick ball and give it to our immensely talented backs who will find a way to score enough tries to win the game.
It begins to become unstuck when the opposition win more possession, and slow down most of what we have. Added to this if they employ an effective blitz defence very few of our backs will get the ball in any space but will still try to pass off-load leaving their team-mates pretty far up nant cachu. We don't have anyone who can carry unless kalamfoni has succeeded in reaching the scene and for some reason no-one will try to chip or grubber, and even if they did few have the pace and determination to successfully follow up. In this respect teams like Munster with young, fit, fast, enthusiastic players have a significant advantage, and we must start finding counter tactics.

I was being cynical. It just seemed that we ran around hoping someone would produce something special. Thats not even a plan A for me.
Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 111213
  Share Topic