Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Team for Leinster

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2021 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

. We must remember though that their coaching team have been pretty stable for a few years while ours is very new.

And in their backroom staff, they have the likes of :

Stephen Larkham (coached Australia)
Graham Rowntree (coached England and the British Lions)
JP Ferreira (Coached Lions in super rugby who had the best defensive record of all sides)

While we.......er haven't.
Sponsored Links

Mr Lee91 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Lee91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2021 at 2:58pm
Coaching all comes down to the one in charge, in our case Dwayne. You could get the world's supposed best to assist him but if there's playing, philosophy or personal clashes it just won't work.
I'm not saying all the blame should go on the head coach when things go wrong but they should take the lion's share of responsibility.

Before the season began I had a few things I wanted to see. 
A pattern in attack wether it's phase 1 or 20
A defensive system that we implement
We pick on form, give youngsters a chance, not let players glory years influence their playing time

So far, I'm only seeing bits of an attacking pattern come together.
Still alot of work to do. Should see what direction we are going in come mid January
As long as you win it once, you'll never be forgotten
N14 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2021 at 4:47pm
I appreciate nobody has quite suggested this, but it's far too soon to be writing off this new coaching regime.
Dwayne does, however, have some huge calls to make for selection this weekend. I'm not usually in favour of picking the same team that performed poorly in the previous game, to give them a chance to 'redeem themselves.' But then again, for example, Ken performed poorly but Elias was just as bad. I do think changes at second row is a must. Also, despite the danger he is in attack, Steff is a liability until he learns to tackle. Sione's injury highlights how vulnerable we are at 8.
Calon_Coch2 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Calon_Coch2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2021 at 7:40pm
I’m sorry but if we are not selecting players after last week’s game on that one performance then I’m sorry you drop the 23. The whole team were poor.  We let in 7 tries last week, not just the one that Steff missed on his wing. There is no-one more disappointed in that performance than the players themselves. Apparently the coaching team have had to deal with low morale this week without the fans getting on their backs too.  I
Know we are all entitled to our opinions, but at the end of the day the coaches are the ones who know the players and see them in training etc. and know what they can bring to the match day squad. We see them for 80 mins, once a week. 
Calon_Coch2
Mr Lee91 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Lee91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2021 at 3:29am
Originally posted by Calon_Coch2 Calon_Coch2 wrote:

I’m sorry but if we are not selecting players after last week’s game on that one performance then I’m sorry you drop the 23. The whole team were poor.  We let in 7 tries last week, not just the one that Steff missed on his wing. There is no-one more disappointed in that performance than the players themselves. Apparently the coaching team have had to deal with low morale this week without the fans getting on their backs too.  I
Know we are all entitled to our opinions, but at the end of the day the coaches are the ones who know the players and see them in training etc. and know what they can bring to the match day squad. We see them for 80 mins, once a week. 

I agree we don't see or know how the players apply themselves during training though it is those 80 minutes, that we see, all that training is for and if they don't produce or replicate what they do on the training field then quite frankly they don't deserve their spot.

I don't agree with singling out players to say their entirely responsible for a loss, it's always the 23 and coach. Keeping morale high and dealing with fans reactions is in the coaches job description and isn't good reason to justify negative results or poor performances.

Where Steff is concerned, he's always had his defensive frailties, which aren't improving and are not good enough and now his finishing has begun to decline as well, he's botched 2 tries in the corner this season already with how he's attacked the line (one didn't matter because of an offence earlier in play) which suggests to me he needs a fire lit under his backside.
Conbeer didn't deserve to be dropped after the Edinburgh game so bring him back in for Leinster.
I don't think Mcnicholl is here next week for Benetton so hopefully we'd get a quick reaction from Steff
As long as you win it once, you'll never be forgotten
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2021 at 4:29am
Originally posted by Mr Lee91 Mr Lee91 wrote:

Originally posted by Calon_Coch2 Calon_Coch2 wrote:

I agree we don't see or know how the players apply themselves during training though it is those 80 minutes, that we see, all that training is for and if they don't produce or replicate what they do on the training field then quite frankly they don't deserve their spot.

I don't agree with singling out players to say their entirely responsible for a loss, it's always the 23 and coach. Keeping morale high and dealing with fans reactions is in the coaches job description and isn't good reason to justify negative results or poor performances.

Where Steff is concerned, he's always had his defensive frailties, which aren't improving and are not good enough and now his finishing has begun to decline as well, he's botched 2 tries in the corner this season already with how he's attacked the line (one didn't matter because of an offence earlier in play) which suggests to me he needs a fire lit under his backside.
Conbeer didn't deserve to be dropped after the Edinburgh game so bring him back in for Leinster.
I don't think Mcnicholl is here next week for Benetton so hopefully we'd get a quick reaction from Steff

Also Conbeer was injured not actually dropped .
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2021 at 8:53am
Ryan was carrying a knock so Tom Rogers came in & kept his place for Munster. If Ryan is back fit which I believe he is then he deserves to take Steff's place for Saturday. Hopefully Cory Baldwin is not too far off a return & we can see him at 13 against Benetton. 
crj89 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crj89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2021 at 9:15am
15. McNicholl
14. Rogers
13. Davies
12. Williams
11. Conbeer
10. Jones
9. Davies
8. Thomson
7. Lezana
6. Shingler
5. Ashley
4. Lousi
3. John
2. Elias
1. Evans

Conbeer for Steff Evans - Poor tackling and all round play was poor.

Williams for Williams - Change due to injury, if fit as you were.

Jones for Costelow - Costelow had a game to forget.

Kalamafoni - Thomson in at 8 due to injury.

Lezana - Dan Davies injury, even if fit he still gets brushed off the ball too easily.

Shingler - Needs to be in back row.

John - Impressed in scrum after coming on for Lee.

Elias for Ken- As already stated Ken was poor.
John View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2021 at 10:43am
I haven't read the entire thread but it started with a suggestion that Daf Hughes should be on the bench. He's back up at the Drovers not in the Scarlets squad. He's obviously available to rejoin the squad at short notice but... 
ChrisX View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2021 at 10:57am
Back Row with Kalamafoni & Davis out should be:-

6 Shingler
7 Lezzana
8 Blade

The Wales and Scotland squads named this week show our lack of international quality in the second and back row, although a fit Josh McLeod may have changed that. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
  Share Topic