Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Team v Sharks

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11121314>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2021 at 3:02pm
Most of the Munster travelling party have been cleared to depart South Africa. Those that returned positive covid tests will remain in South Africa for the isolation period.
Sponsored Links

scarletsrules View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletsrules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2021 at 3:06pm
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

Most of the Munster travelling party have been cleared to depart South Africa. Those that returned positive covid tests will remain in South Africa for the isolation period.

Any news on Cardiff?
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2021 at 3:12pm
Originally posted by scarletsrules scarletsrules wrote:

Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

Any news on Cardiff?

Nope not a jot.
tannerbankboy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tannerbankboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2021 at 5:37pm
Welsh Govt. now saying they can't help as they'd need new legislation to allow players in isolation to train if they returned to isolate in Wales.  Where there's a will there's a way First Minister.
greypower1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greypower1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2021 at 7:34pm
It looks like Munster will fly to Ireland and stay in a hotel with full training facilities.  Also their top internationals didn't travel to SA so are continuing to train and prepare with their fringe players. 
I can't imagine they will be stopped from training when they arrive back this week.
Keep the faith
Seagultaf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seagultaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2021 at 7:36pm
Ron Jones is quoted on WoL saying that arrangements are available for teams in England and Ireland for isolation facilities which allow teams to train and that Munster are heading for an isolation facility in Limerick which will is linked to training facilities.
However Welsh Government are saying this is not possible in Wales, I suggest supporters contact Llanelli AM Lee Waters who is a close confident of Drakeford to make sure the dispensations available to English and Irish teams is available to the Scarlets also.
greypower1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greypower1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2021 at 7:44pm
Originally posted by Seagultaf Seagultaf wrote:

Ron Jones is quoted on WoL saying that arrangements are available for teams in England and Ireland for isolation facilities which allow teams to train and that Munster are heading for an isolation facility in Limerick which will is linked to training facilities.
However Welsh Government are saying this is not possible in Wales, I suggest supporters contact Llanelli AM Lee Waters who is a close confident of Drakeford to make sure the dispensations available to English and Irish teams is available to the Scarlets also.

We are in Northern Ireland not Wales, so it's up to their rules on quarantining.🙄
Keep the faith
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2021 at 7:58pm
Originally posted by tannerbankboy tannerbankboy wrote:

Welsh Govt. now saying they can't help as they'd need new legislation to allow players in isolation to train if they returned to isolate in Wales.  Where there's a will there's a way First Minister.
I'm not sure that's accurate. Changes to Covid restrictions in Wales are at the discretion of the Minister, I think.
In many cases the Sennedd have voted on major changes, but I am reasonably sure that the power to change regulations lies with the Health Minister.

Elite Sports have had several exemptions during previous periods of travel restrictions. That's how the Rainbow cup got played 
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
Seagultaf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seagultaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2021 at 8:09pm
Originally posted by greypower1 greypower1 wrote:

Originally posted by Seagultaf Seagultaf wrote:

We are in Northern Ireland not Wales, so it's up to their rules on quarantining.🙄

If you read the quote from Ron Jones he wants the team to complete their isolation in Wales at a facility with training provision. 
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2021 at 8:10pm
It's surely feasible to set up quarantine facilities at PYS? We've no home game until 19th Dec. There's lots of different rooms in the Barn, the lounges, the physio rooms etc. They could train in the barn and on the main field without going outside the perimeter fence.

Maybe I'm clutching at straws, but there must be options.
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
tannerbankboy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tannerbankboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2021 at 3:06pm
Originally posted by Wasp Wasp wrote:

Originally posted by tannerbankboy tannerbankboy wrote:

I'm not sure that's accurate. Changes to Covid restrictions in Wales are at the discretion of the Minister, I think.
In many cases the Sennedd have voted on major changes, but I am reasonably sure that the power to change regulations lies with the Health Minister.

Elite Sports have had several exemptions during previous periods of travel restrictions. That's how the Rainbow cup got played 
I just quoted part of a BBC article and the response from WAG.  Either way the silence from Cardiff Bay is deafening.  Too busy looking to impose and keep as many restrictions as possible to do anything positive for a change.  We'll be locked out of the Xmas games at this rate.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2021 at 3:29pm
I think criticism of the Welsh Assembly is a little over the top. Their absolute top priority is keeping people who reside in Wales safe. Assisting an Independent business to carry out its function namely training for and playing games of rugby surely comes way down their list of priorities. 

Now having a go at the WRU is another thing completely. We're all in this together as long as it doesn't affect us the WRU should be their motto.With the right will and determination the Vale Resort could and should have been made available for both the Cardiff & Scarlet squads to isolate and train.
hartson11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hartson11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2021 at 3:40pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

I think criticism of the Welsh Assembly is a little over the top. Their absolute top priority is keeping people who reside in Wales safe. Assisting an Independent business to carry out its function namely training for and playing games of rugby surely comes way down their list of priorities. 

Now having a go at the WRU is another thing completely. We're all in this together as long as it doesn't affect us the WRU should be their motto.With the right will and determination the Vale Resort could and should have been made available for both the Cardiff & Scarlet squads to isolate and train.

Repatriation of their citizens in a safe and secure manner, rather than making other countries carry the burden of any risk, should be towards the top of their priority list, rugby players or not.

Edited by hartson11 - 30 November 2021 at 3:41pm
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2021 at 3:44pm
Originally posted by hartson11 hartson11 wrote:

Repatriation of their citizens in a safe and secure manner, rather than making other countries carry the burden of any risk, should be towards the top of their priority list, rugby players or not.

Just like the rest of the UK is it.? In case you haven't noticed no country that I know of has done what you are advocating. In many cases British people have had to fund their own isolation stays in hotels on their return. 
hartson11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hartson11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2021 at 3:45pm

Just like the rest of the UK is it.? In case you haven't noticed no country that I know of has done what you are advocating. In many cases British people have had to fund their own isolation stays in hotels on their return. 

Apart from Tottenham Hotspur you mean?
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2021 at 3:47pm

Apart from Tottenham Hotspur you mean?

I am sorry but you will need to explain. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11121314>
  Share Topic