Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Goodbye Macron, hello Castore

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 111213
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2022 at 11:19am
Originally posted by salmidach salmidach wrote:

They are releasing a plain long sleeved version as well for £50

Thats £65 & the other limited edition shirt is £95!!!!

Edited by minded - 15 September 2022 at 12:26pm
Sponsored Links

Gate12 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gate12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2022 at 11:45am
The teaser pic on twitter had the shirt with the 1972 date and the ones on the website have 1872, fingers crossed the ones for sale are the 1872 date.
pillory View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pillory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2022 at 12:05pm
Originally posted by salmidach salmidach wrote:

They are releasing a plain long sleeved version as well for £50

That's a bit more like it... a long-sleeve cotton throwback that speaks to 1872. Still don't like the collar centre really.

Originally posted by Gate12 Gate12 wrote:

The teaser pic on twitter had the shirt with the 1972 date and the ones on the website have 1872, fingers crossed the ones for sale are the 1872 date.

True!
And yet, the cap (£25!) shows 1972.

Looks like the limited-edition pro jersey will be worn with white shorts, for those who get off on that.

The red polo is also a good item (few items beside the jerseys were actually scarlet), cheaper and cleaner than a jersey, albeit lacks the 1872 commemoration despite being "limited edition".

Edited by minded - 15 September 2022 at 12:26pm
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2022 at 1:03pm
Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

Originally posted by Gate12 Gate12 wrote:

Yeah the collar is very large, put me off too. Generally the quality seems really good and some nice stuff, a new polo top has appeared the last few days online so think I'll give it another week or so and see what the full range is like before making some purchases.

Anyone know what the opening hours are for the shop?
That’s because you’re a youngster Neil ( well in relative terms ) . The over 45’s seem to want collars albeit not Starsky and Hutch size ! 😉 
Imagine a Starsky styled cardigan in scarlet with suitable collar. Ideal for retro leisure and the over 45s….LOLLOLLOL
😂😂Stick on retro sideburns as well perhaps?  😉😂
Something else for the shop to stock :D
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
EMGM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMGM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2022 at 3:06pm
Does anyone know if this  new shirt is the one and only we will be getting?  It's ok  but a bit underwhelming. 
SA23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2022 at 12:23pm
Has anyone purchased the Heritage shirt? I got bought one as a gift and I can't get my head through the neck opening as it doesn't have any give/elastic in it.  I'm a bit disappointed.  Not that I could get it on to confirm but the sizing of the shirt looks like it'd be ok.  I like to think that my head is in proportion to my body too! 

Anyone else had the same problem?
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2022 at 12:36pm
Originally posted by SA23 SA23 wrote:

Has anyone purchased the Heritage shirt? I got bought one as a gift and I can't get my head through the neck opening as it doesn't have any give/elastic in it.  I'm a bit disappointed.  Not that I could get it on to confirm but the sizing of the shirt looks like it'd be ok.  I like to think that my head is in proportion to my body too! 

Anyone else had the same problem?
Welcome to the forum SA23.

At first, I thought it was SA14 posting and was about to reply on different lines. 

Can’t help with the shirt questions. Look forward to your contributions to the forum.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Beefs army View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beefs army Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2022 at 7:32pm
This is a problem with the shirts and their design

Speaking to the bloke in shop yesterday and this has been fed back to Castore

Bill Shankly: "If you can't support us when we lose or draw, don't support us when we win."
SA23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2022 at 7:41pm
Thank you. Did he suggest that they may get altered? Trying to figure out whether to order a larger shirt to see if that resolves it. It’s a lot of money to fork out just to try it on. Live too far from the shop just to pop in. 

I’m surprised they managed to go on sale without identifying the flaw. Old cotton shirts had buttons for a reason after all…
Beefs army View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beefs army Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2022 at 7:58pm

Thank you. Did he suggest that they may get altered? Trying to figure out whether to order a larger shirt to see if that resolves it. It’s a lot of money to fork out just to try it on. Live too far from the shop just to pop in. 

I’m surprised they managed to go on sale without identifying the flaw. Old cotton shirts had buttons for a reason after all…

The problem being they have looked to create a replica of the old cotton shirt but omitted the buttons and the fabric in stead of buttons causes the tightness. My son tried one one in shop and the fit was perfect but we really struggled to get the shirt off so didn’t purchase as can’t have that everytime it worn 

I would try contacting the shop.

Edited by Beefs army - 20 October 2022 at 7:59pm
Bill Shankly: "If you can't support us when we lose or draw, don't support us when we win."
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2022 at 8:38pm

Welcome I have the number of a witch doctor in the Amazon can't help with the shirt but he's shrunk a few heads over the years Wink
Dic Penderyn View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dic Penderyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2022 at 8:52pm
Couldn't make it up
SA23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2022 at 1:07pm
That's a shame. Returned mine for a refund.  Will call the shop and see what they say.  Not going to bother ordering another unless they address the problem.  Really nice shirt otherwise.  Not wanted a shirt for over 20 years until I saw this one. 
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2022 at 1:14pm
Manufacturers issue. Rank poor.

The whole order will need to be returned, not easy to put right so hope the Scarlets push for a full replenishment of the order, and a fast track.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 111213
  Share Topic