Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welsh Squad for South Africa

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 13>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dic Penderyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2022 at 6:10am
Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

Bssham is more physical as a carrier jac more physical at the breakdown, motor mouth pivac has gone public on his “candid chats” with both of them to the media.  Shame he’s not so candd on his own many short comings. Btw lydiate can’t even make the ospreys team and he is hardly one for the future. He wAs a too player but his best days are nigh on a decade behind him Great pick wayne

You will be getting the  “nonsense “ comment from the dic if you’re not careful 😂 I agree with you that Basham has the greater power and dynamism despite the weight charts. Morgan is just a very good jackaler who I feel the big Boks will smash off the ball. He needs a more rounded game !  Lydiate is a left field choice but he has been injured a lot and if he’s fit he may be a bit of a wild card . Dan must be really chuffed. Like you it’s a worry selecting Dan but I wish him well .

You've made a (bigger) fool of yourself,so just call it a day,why don't you?
Sponsored Links

GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2022 at 7:42am
Its more of the same from Pivac for me - muddled selections & far too much information put into the public domain. As Booth stated Jac Morgan is in the top 3 in the URC for tackles made, dominant tackles made & turnovers. Basham is nowhere. The breakdown is a key area & Pivac has decided to leave the most effective fit breakdown player in Wales behind to put on weight over the summer. It beggars belief. 

I welcome Reffell's selection because for me he should now start. Pivac has talked consistently about needing for the World cup a player who can play 5/6 so he drops Seb Davies with Tchiunza not fit????? Lydiate has been selected to try to keep the score down - he won't be found wanting in guts thats for sure but what about his match fitness. Same can also be said of AWJ. 

As for the selection of Rhys Patchell I am totally baffled. As soon as Johnny Mac was passed unfit the panic set in as our full back resources in Wales are totally underwhelming. Glance across the bridge with envy at England having Steward & now Arundell who both could play at the top level for another 12 years. For me Rhys is a fine player but, with his injury record, he needs careful nurturing back to top level rugby. Peel has been very careful with him quite correctly in my opinion. It is nightmare scenario if he gets too much exposure on this tour. 

I can see nothing but a convincing series win by South Africa 3-0 with Wales being lucky to get within 15-20 points. I sincerely hope I am wrong.
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2022 at 4:25pm
More pearls of wisdom from pivac saying cutting the number of sides like scotland has will see the welsh team improve. Cos scotland have been so dominantWink
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2022 at 7:47am
Interesting article by Gwyn Jones today. As Gwyn was one of Pivac's biggest supporters when he was appointed his current views are going to be  a tough read for Pivac. Pivac's latest comments about Jac Morgan & the apparent reduced importance of the jackle sound to me, among many others, as the words of a coach who has totally lost the plot. 

The breakdown and the speed or lack of it that teams can produce clean ball is of paramount importance in breaking down good defensive systems. Reffell has been wonderfully effective at slowing down/pilfering opposition ball all season so surely deserves his place. However Jac Morgan has been the stand out Welsh based player at this skill & gets told to work on this area of his game which, correct me if I am wrong, is one of his strengths!!!!

Parallel to this advice from on high Pivac is very vocal that he wants his 7 to be a strong carrying option so ok if Jac was being told he was being dropped to concentrate on improving his carrying it may make some sense but as usual with Pivac his comments are often very contradictory. 
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2022 at 8:18am
Your in trouble when the weather girl(sian lloyd) thinks she could do a better job and thinks your crap.LOL
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2022 at 8:23am
Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

Your in trouble when the weather girl(sian lloyd) thinks she could do a better job and thinks your crap.LOL

Your in even more trouble when many Welsh rugby supporters agree.LOL
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2022 at 8:36am
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

Your in even more trouble when many Welsh rugby supporters agree.LOL
LOL
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2022 at 9:05am
I'll be honest I am not sure I really care about the tour in the summer such is the state of the WRU et al.
Scrletsfan32x View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrletsfan32x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2022 at 10:16am
I said it from the beginning that Pivac was out of his depth. He had one good season with the Scarlets (League title) and that was mostly down to stalwarts like Beirne, Barclay and Co. I think Wayne’s days are numbered because it’s obvious that he hasn’t got a clear vision on what he wants from the team and keeps chopping and changing every game.
Realwest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Realwest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2022 at 11:43am
Wales getting smashed 3-0 could well be a blessing in disguise that leads to Pivac getting his marching orders I feel that he’s not up to the standard of International coaching.

I vote for Sian Lloyd getting the coaching job and Pivac can crack on and do the weather. 
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2022 at 11:53am
Would the WRU have the gumption to get rid of Pivac a year out from France 2023???? If they do we are probably looking at a caretaker coach to lead us to France with a full time appointment to follow. If I was in charge in Cardiff I would break the bank & sign up Shaun Edwards as head coach after the World cup with a four year deal & allow him to appoint his team of coaches.

I would also be sounding out Rob Howley & Mike Ruddock for the caretaker role. 
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2022 at 11:55am
Clueless and he is willing to take the ship down with him, he has already thrown heyward over board . Awful selector , awful man manager only a mix of red cards and covid cancellations have kept this bluffer in a job so long
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2022 at 12:08pm

Clueless and he is willing to take the ship down with him, he has already thrown heyward over board . Awful selector , awful man manager only a mix of red cards and covid cancellations have kept this bluffer in a job so long
Bit harsh when you consider the injuries he has has to put up with and the turmoil that Welsh rugby is in. It is only towards the end of the season that the Ospreys have shown some form we have been dreadfully inconsistent and dreadful at times and the less said about the East Wales regions the better.
I will agree that his selections are sometimes baffling especially back row but in all other positions he has been picking the best available. 
If all fit we will have decent side for first test and we could surprise the Boks. 
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
dyniol53 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyniol53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2022 at 3:02pm
I was a Pivac fan, confident he could do it at this level but all the commenters here [beep]ging him off seem to be closer to the truth than I was. 

Just so muddled. Must be hard being a player not really knowing what the plan is, who’s gonna be to your left and right.
https://twitter.com/exile_podcast?lang=en
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2022 at 3:08pm
Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

Bit harsh when you consider the injuries he has has to put up with and the turmoil that Welsh rugby is in. It is only towards the end of the season that the Ospreys have shown some form we have been dreadfully inconsistent and dreadful at times and the less said about the East Wales regions the better.
I will agree that his selections are sometimes baffling especially back row but in all other positions he has been picking the best available. 
If all fit we will have decent side for first test and we could surprise the Boks. 

Not really Why. AWJ against Italy???? Continually selecting Lewis & Carre???? Sheedy? Tompkins? An out of form Foxy? By surprise do you actually mean beat them or keep the score respectable. 
hartson11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hartson11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2022 at 10:30pm
After watching Ospreys v Bulls, it's hugely concerning how the Ospreys were bullied, and generally outplayed in a match where the scoreline flattered them greatly.

Tonight they had possibly the Wales summer starting tight 5, Wales' best fit openside, an international half back pairing and Wales summer starting centre partnership potentially. 

Not Earth shattering news but we're in trouble as a nation, this summer and well beyond.

Edited by hartson11 - 20 May 2022 at 10:30pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 13>
  Share Topic