Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

URC Fixtures 2022/23

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Optimist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob o'r Bont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2022 at 9:52am
Originally posted by Jones2004 Jones2004 wrote:

Originally posted by crj89 crj89 wrote:

In the minority on here but I enjoy a day out for Judgement day, really good atmosphere and a good day out. For the casual supporter it’s a no brainer at the prices they charge for it. If it’s a close season there’ll be something on it too, Welsh shield, top 8 etc.
I want to know which part of the stadium you’re in as that has certainly never been my experience! The one easy change the WRU could do to better the atmosphere is give an allocation to each club in a specific part of the stadium. The fans of each club would then be sitting together, able to create an atmosphere while those who are just there for a day out could sit away from actual fans.
They do that for the 'home' crowd and the 'away' crowd tend to be scattered.  I guess to give home advantage to the home team.  We had never wanted this to be our home game hence we were always the away team and scattered around the stadium. As it happens, we did agree to be the 'home' team in 2020 and our fans would have been all together - thanks a bunch Covid.

Edited by Rob o'r Bont - 30 July 2022 at 9:53am
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Sponsored Links

Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2022 at 10:42am
I have an open mind on JD, I would need to see the £££ benefit to the club.

I guess I’m less supportive of it now with so few home fixtures at our wonderful stadium, than I was when we had 16 home games, rather than 11.
I’ve no idea, for instance, how someone with a business club table, or a box, would be treated at the Principality Stadium. 

But, if someone told me that sponsors would be happy and there was a 6 figure gain for the club, I would support losing a home game.
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
crj89 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crj89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2022 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by Wasp Wasp wrote:

I have an open mind on JD, I would need to see the £££ benefit to the club.

I guess I’m less supportive of it now with so few home fixtures at our wonderful stadium, than I was when we had 16 home games, rather than 11.
I’ve no idea, for instance, how someone with a business club table, or a box, would be treated at the Principality Stadium. 

But, if someone told me that sponsors would be happy and there was a 6 figure gain for the club, I would support losing a home game.

I think I’d have a different view to my earlier post if it was a home game, like yourself and many on here, I’d hate to lose my seat to the 1 I’d be allocated who knows where at the principality to what I have at the Parc.
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2022 at 8:49am
Great start fixture wise we should win most of those games
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2022 at 1:09pm
Those kick off times are pretty much ideal. Anyone who though we’d totally avoid Fridays is a bit naive but all in all some good kick off times there. 
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2022 at 1:24pm
No home Sunday games for us!! Get in!
Mr Lee91 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Lee91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2022 at 2:48pm
All of our away games barring Cardiff are on terrestrial tv.
Only 2 (Zebre and Sharks) Saturday evening games.
9 days between Stormers and Lions for our mini tour.

Overall I'm pretty happy.
As long as you win it once, you'll never be forgotten
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2022 at 3:04pm
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

Those kick off times are pretty much ideal. Anyone who though we’d totally avoid Fridays is a bit naive but all in all some good kick off times there. 
It’s a fantastic result for us in all honesty.
The only concern I have is getting our internationals re-integrated before Europe, when the squad will have to fly out to SA without them for the 2 weeks before we face Bayonee. Hopefully we’ll have a strong enough core group this season. Can’t see us losing 10-12 players to team Wales. 
philtheturk56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote philtheturk56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2022 at 3:08pm
Well this Finalised fixture list just No ALL BLACKS game last weekend of October, as was being mooted about, a ploy to sell more S Tickets????
turkishrebel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2022 at 3:20pm
fixtures a lot better and only 1 game away not on terrestial tv which is the cardiff game. so will look to get rid of premier sports.
more sensible home kick off times for us with derbies at goodish times. 
Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2022 at 3:28pm
Odd the Cardiff one not on tv. Usually all the derbys are. 
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2022 at 4:11pm
Originally posted by philtheturk56 philtheturk56 wrote:

Well this Finalised fixture list just No ALL BLACKS game last weekend of October, as was being mooted about, a ploy to sell more S Tickets????
This is a URC fixture list, nothing else 
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
Rubrum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rubrum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2022 at 4:22pm
Now the schedule has been listed I can confirm it was a wise decision NOT to renew our season tickets.

Only because of the number of 1935 hrs kick-off times, so obviously geared to TV coverage.
Therefore we will sit at home and cheer on the Scarlets for many televised games.

I've still to work out which ones we will travel to Llanelli to watch, if any.
Rubrum
Rubrum
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2022 at 7:04pm
Originally posted by Rubrum Rubrum wrote:

Now the schedule has been listed I can confirm it was a wise decision NOT to renew our season tickets.

Only because of the number of 1935 hrs kick-off times, so obviously geared to TV coverage.
Therefore we will sit at home and cheer on the Scarlets for many televised games.

Rubrum

Very naive to expect no 7.35 ones. 
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2022 at 7:20pm
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

Originally posted by Rubrum Rubrum wrote:

Rubrum

Very naive to expect no 7.35 ones. 
I don’t think Rubrum ever expected a season without any home 1935 starts.

Her comment is more on the proportion of them that are versus those earlier in the day.
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2022 at 9:30am
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Originally posted by philtheturk56 philtheturk56 wrote:

This is a URC fixture list, nothing else 
We’re playing Leinster at PYS on 28th Oct.
Any touring game would have to be during the AI window, when NZ have 3 fixtures. We’re out in SA while the 4th AI is played.
I guess we could play against a NZ side on one of those 3 weeks?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic