Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Who is the best welsh coach right now?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gate12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2022 at 2:48pm
Based on achievements the best current Welsh coach is probably McBryde when you look at what he's done with Wales and Leinster. 
Sponsored Links

ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2022 at 3:05pm
Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

My comment is right we offered him 2 years france offered him 4. No wonder he said shove it i’m off to france. Look how that has worked out grand slam champs and world cup faves, best move he made tbh
No it’s not right because you said he chose Hayward over Edwards which isn’t true. Thoughts on how he treated Wigan?

Perhaps Wigan should have got him to sign a contract. Plenty of instances where coaches change their mind. Don't expect Dai Young is too enamoured with Dwayne Peel but as Shaun would now say c'est la vie!!!!! ( Eastern Outpost eat your heart out).
Just back from a lovely morning in St Emilion, guided tour, wine tasting, superb scenery there and back ending with an excellent 3 course lunch for a measly €18 a head in a pleasantly shaded terrace overlooking a beautiful garden. 

For the moment, I’ve done all the eating I can Wink

Ask me again in a couple of hours though LOL
I paid £16 for chicken korma half and half in lifeboat tenby last thursday and £19-35 for 4 pints rip off Shocked
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2022 at 3:16pm
Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

My comment is right we offered him 2 years france offered him 4. No wonder he said shove it i’m off to france. Look how that has worked out grand slam champs and world cup faves, best move he made tbh
No it’s not right because you said he chose Hayward over Edwards which isn’t true. Thoughts on how he treated Wigan?

Perhaps Wigan should have got him to sign a contract. Plenty of instances where coaches change their mind. Don't expect Dai Young is too enamoured with Dwayne Peel but as Shaun would now say c'est la vie!!!!! ( Eastern Outpost eat your heart out).
Just back from a lovely morning in St Emilion, guided tour, wine tasting, superb scenery there and back ending with an excellent 3 course lunch for a measly €18 a head in a pleasantly shaded terrace overlooking a beautiful garden. 

I paid £16 for chicken korma half and half in lifeboat tenby last thursday and £19-35 for 4 pints rip off Shocked
We continue to marvel at the excellent quality for such a low price on the menu de jour in most places. As you point out, Nige, it’s impossible to compare the value between UK & France.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2022 at 6:47pm
Originally posted by Gate12 Gate12 wrote:

Based on achievements the best current Welsh coach is probably McBryde when you look at what he's done with Wales and Leinster. 
Undoubtedly 
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2022 at 7:12pm

well played that mAnClapClap
Dic Penderyn View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dic Penderyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2022 at 8:47pm
Babs.
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2022 at 9:55pm
The last good all round Welsh coach was John Dawes that’s how bad it’s been. 
Gareth had his moments but was out of league with Wales 
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dic Penderyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2022 at 10:08pm
Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

The last good all round Welsh coach was John Dawes that’s how bad it’s been. 
Gareth had his moments but was out of league with Wales 

"Gareth had his moments"
LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dic Penderyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2022 at 10:10pm
 Babs.
Realwest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Realwest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2022 at 5:56pm
That Korma was microwaved too
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dic Penderyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2022 at 8:38am
A little snippet from Babs,quoted in WOL today-

The quality of  coaching conversations around session planning,tactical and technical approaches,and team and leadership development was hugely stimulating".

I'll stick my neck out and say it:
This won't end well.
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2022 at 11:54am
I know he is not Welsh ( but he has significant Welsh ties via the Scarlets)  but you might think that Simon Easterby might be keen to take up a Head Coach’s  role now, as he has been with Ireland for some years and must have learned so much about coaching in the Irish environment. Add to that the fact that his wife Sara Elgin and children presumably still live Bridgend way and it becomes even more surprising. Perhaps the Guinness is better in Dublin 😉
LLANDRE View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LLANDRE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2022 at 12:57pm
Clive Rowlands must be the best welsh coach!
West is Best (Fin gwybod)
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2022 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

I know he is not Welsh ( but he has significant Welsh ties via the Scarlets)  but you might think that Simon Easterby might be keen to take up a Head Coach’s  role now, as he has been with Ireland for some years and must have learned so much about coaching in the Irish environment. Add to that the fact that his wife Sara Elgin and children presumably still live Bridgend way and it becomes even more surprising. Perhaps the Guinness is better in Dublin 😉
He wasn’t that comfortable when in charge at Scarlets.

He seemed to avoid the folk in the Quinnell and when he did come up wasn’t anxious to meet folk he didn’t know.

Maybe it was different then. Maybe his forte is in a supporting role.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Mugwuffin View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mugwuffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2022 at 5:14pm
Originally posted by Mogwen Mogwen wrote:

Im not overly convinced with Gethin as defence coach. In the 6nations we were shocking, yet after the appointment of Gareth Willuams on a short term contract for the SA tour, our defence improved. Conincidence? Im not sure.
We only conceded 8 tries in the last 6 Nations. That was 3 fewer than the previous season when we won it and only 1 more than in the 2019 Grand Slam season. 

Gethin looks to be a pretty decent defence coach. 
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2022 at 5:45pm

Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

He wasn’t that comfortable when in charge at Scarlets.

He seemed to avoid the folk in the Quinnell and when he did come up wasn’t anxious to meet folk he didn’t know.

Maybe it was different then. Maybe his forte is in a supporting role.
You may well be right there. Mrs Easterby can certainly talk for both mind! 😉
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic