Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Liam Williams

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dic Penderyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2022 at 10:19am
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

I certainly do not celebrate Liam or any other player getting injured - to me that is ludicrous. However Dai Young was asked about Liam's injury record when with the Scarlets & questioned whether he thought it a good investment employing someone who had only featured for his club 4 from 31. 

Well Liam will be lucky to play one more game for Cardiff before the end of March 2023. By that time they will have 2/3 more URC games left in the regular season. Unless they make the play offs in either competition that will be his work done. It will be very telling to compare the number of games we get from Fifita in that time. 

In terms of injury records,the same questions were not asked of the Svarlets management when contracts were given to Scott Williams,Shingler and Patchell.
Sponsored Links

GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2022 at 11:58am
Originally posted by Dic Penderyn Dic Penderyn wrote:

I certainly do not celebrate Liam or any other player getting injured - to me that is ludicrous. However Dai Young was asked about Liam's injury record when with the Scarlets & questioned whether he thought it a good investment employing someone who had only featured for his club 4 from 31. 

Well Liam will be lucky to play one more game for Cardiff before the end of March 2023. By that time they will have 2/3 more URC games left in the regular season. Unless they make the play offs in either competition that will be his work done. It will be very telling to compare the number of games we get from Fifita in that time. 

In terms of injury records,the same questions were not asked of the Svarlets management when contracts were given to Scott Williams,Shingler and Patchell.

Surely Dic management have to be led by the medics. The three you mentioned were not complicated further by being part of the chosen 38. As far as Scott is concerned he was an ever present last season in fairness. 
Dic Penderyn View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dic Penderyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2022 at 12:02pm

Originally posted by Dic Penderyn Dic Penderyn wrote:

Surely Dic management have to be led by the medics. The three you mentioned were not complicated further by being part of the chosen 38. As far as Scott is concerned he was an ever present last season in fairness. 
He was unavailable for the crucial run-in( last 5 games?)
Realwest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Realwest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2022 at 6:33pm
It would be nice to get Halfpenny back to fitness and up to 100 Welsh caps or to see Tom Rogers get a few games for Wales but realistically I can see Josh Adams moving to 15 as Pivac seems to want to re position him (I’d leave him wing)

Although he’s playing In the Championship I’d say the next best option at 15 for Wales would be Jonah Holmes

Other options 

Ospreys = Collins or Nagy (is he Welsh Qualified)
Dragons = Jordan Williams or OBrian
Blues = Matthew Morgan
Scarlets = Halfpenny or Rogers
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2022 at 6:48pm
60 cap rule, rules holmes out i think
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2022 at 7:07pm
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

Does that count if no welsh region wanted him?agree about him though he always played well against us.
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2022 at 7:36pm
Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

Does that count if no welsh region wanted him?agree about him though he always played well against us.
Yes
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2022 at 7:49pm
Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

Yes
Thumbs Up
Oracle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2022 at 8:21pm
Firstly...I think hes okay if no region wanted him....secondly..no way am I going to agree with a dodgy rooferClap
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2022 at 8:50pm
Originally posted by Oracle Oracle wrote:

Firstly...I think hes okay if no region wanted him....secondly..no way am I going to agree with a dodgy rooferClap
Wise words you should consider posting more often LOL
Tony Clifton View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Clifton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2022 at 2:35am
Holmes had offers in Wales, but his salary band was the issue. He believed he was worth more, and if any team wanted him, they’d have to pay over what they’d pay him to be in the 38.
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2022 at 2:56am
Originally posted by Realwest Realwest wrote:

It would be nice to get Halfpenny back to fitness and up to 100 Welsh caps or to see Tom Rogers get a few games for Wales but realistically I can see Josh Adams moving to 15 as Pivac seems to want to re position him (I’d leave him wing)

Although he’s playing In the Championship I’d say the next best option at 15 for Wales would be Jonah Holmes

Other options 

Ospreys = Collins or Nagy (is he Welsh Qualified)
Dragons = Jordan Williams or OBrian
Blues = Matthew Morgan
Scarlets = Halfpenny or Rogers
johnny mac?
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dic Penderyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2022 at 7:37am
Originally posted by Tony Clifton Tony Clifton wrote:

Holmes had offers in Wales, but his salary band was the issue. He believed he was worth more, and if any team wanted him, they’d have to pay over what they’d pay him to be in the 38.

Obviously we don't know all the details,but it speaks volumes for the banding system that Holmes put himself on the open market and found an offer from Ealing to be more attractive.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2022 at 7:47am
Banding system, 38 rule, 60 cap rule - all should be ripped up. Leads to inflated payments to average players, International players becoming lazy and disinterested in their clubs & the death of professional rugby in Wales.

Use the money in Welsh rugby to pay an equal annual flat rate to each region with a a top up for every player named in the International squad who thereby miss club fixtures. If you are good enough I don't care if you play for moon rovers your in. 

Leave the amount of money paid to players to the clubs who, after all, are supposed to be capable of running a business unlike the muppets at the WRU. 

Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dic Penderyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2022 at 8:11am

Banding system, 38 rule, 60 cap rule - all should be ripped up. Leads to inflated payments to average players, International players becoming lazy and disinterested in their clubs & the death of professional rugby in Wales.

Use the money in Welsh rugby to pay an equal annual flat rate to each region with a a top up for every player named in the International squad who thereby miss club fixtures. If you are good enough I don't care if you play for moon rovers your in. 

Leave the amount of money paid to players to the clubs who, after all, are supposed to be capable of running a business unlike the muppets at the WRU. 

Spot on.

Edited by Dic Penderyn - 22 September 2022 at 8:11am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
  Share Topic