Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > EVENTS AT Y PARC
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wheres the concerts/other events?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wheres the concerts/other events?
    Posted: 29 October 2022 at 3:29pm
With such a small fixture list (Only 4 home league games left?) and our income streams dimished by covid and mediocre crowds (On the back of poor performances)
Isnt it high time the scarlets seriously focused on chasing up a lot more events at the parc 
to raise their revenues and profits? Have they got the right team in place to do this?

Theres infinitely more concerts in swansea (Liberty and singleton park) and most other comparable stadiums. So why not the parc? Have they really exhausted all possible options in the 14 years at the parc? What events are planned for the next few years?
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
Sponsored Links

SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2022 at 8:14pm
Given the anniversary of beating NZ and our 150th anniversary there’s sweet fa being done for supporters only an expensive anniversary dinner. Nothing for normal fans. Can’t get things right off the pitch and on it. 

Edited by SA14 - 29 October 2022 at 8:15pm
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2022 at 8:58pm
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

Given the anniversary of beating NZ and our 150th anniversary there’s sweet fa being done for supporters only an expensive anniversary dinner. Nothing for normal fans. Can’t get things right off the pitch and on it. 
Any suggestions? 
Oracle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2022 at 9:26pm
In NK we give people an extra handful of uncooked rice ....its a start I suppose Big smile
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2022 at 9:42pm
Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

Any suggestions? 

It’s not my job is it. 
Oracle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2022 at 9:52pm
With that mindset , it would seem you were born to work at the scarlets LOL
gnasher1975 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnasher1975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2022 at 10:23pm

Any suggestions? 

It’s not my job is it. 

No but you brought it up based on 4 home games with no consideration to what other commitments or community games might have been organised so we assumed you had a raft of amazing ideas......or is it just another stick to bet the club with??
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2022 at 8:35pm
Originally posted by gnasher1975 gnasher1975 wrote:

Any suggestions? 

It’s not my job is it. 

No but you brought it up based on 4 home games with no consideration to what other commitments or community games might have been organised so we assumed you had a raft of amazing ideas......or is it just another stick to bet the club with??

A) I didn’t bring it up. 
B) Its not my job is it. (I did give one suggestion mind.)
C) Why aren’t you mentioning any of the others?

Edited by SA14 - 30 October 2022 at 8:36pm
lofty evans View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2023 at 11:14pm
On a completely different note going to watch Sabaton in Cardiff with 4 RAF nutters...should be fun.....love metal. 

Any others on here like their stuff.

In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
scarletpimp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletpimp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2023 at 2:06am
Originally posted by lofty evans lofty evans wrote:

On a completely different note going to watch Sabaton in Cardiff with 4 RAF nutters...should be fun.....love metal. 

never heard of them !
I stood yer on tanner bank
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2023 at 10:35am
Originally posted by scarletpimp scarletpimp wrote:

never heard of them !
Heard of Sabatier but then I do watch more cooking programmes these days Big smile

Edited by Eastern outpost - 11 January 2023 at 10:35am
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2023 at 10:47am

I'll have to have a listen. Been catching up on a bit of Prong and Helmet recently 🤘
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2023 at 10:49am

Bit too hardcore that for me, I prefer my 70s & 80s rock.
minded View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2023 at 10:56am

I was contemplating going just to see Babymetal supporting but £53 a ticket put me off.

I'm sure any metal purists reading will be tutting away at me admitting my appreciation for Babymetal LOL
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2023 at 1:57pm
Originally posted by minded minded wrote:

I was contemplating going just to see Babymetal supporting but £53 a ticket put me off.

I'm sure any metal purists reading will be tutting away at me admitting my appreciation for Babymetal LOL

Babymetal seriosuly!!!! haha!!
Shocked!!! How do those records look next to Springsteen and WuTang Clan!

Metalheads thread to be started then...!! Vinyl, punk n metal!

lofty evans View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2023 at 1:59pm
Originally posted by minded minded wrote:

If you were there could have a decent head bang my intelligent friend.

My son in the RAF got me to listen to Sabaton...their music highlights the unknown soldiers and heroes of the second world war...to be honest its like listening to a history lesson with metal music...its superb...watch their videos....jeez they even did  a video above where the Bizmark was sunk, their songs even let you know about less historic events.   Songs like " the great war" "soldier of heaven" " the attack of the dead men" are true historical events, " prisoner 4859" who was waging his own war inside Auschwitz...all great stuff tbh....
so looking forward to it .

First time I will see Babymetal. 

Seen every rock band going Monsters of rock at Donnington..seen all rocks groups on my motorbike since 1978...its a case of who I haven't seen.

Seen the best...I love rock and metal.

In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic