Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welsh team v Argentina.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2022 at 8:10pm
That comment makes no sense at all
Sponsored Links

Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2022 at 8:11pm
Originally posted by Mogwen Mogwen wrote:

Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

Was that the poorest advert for international rugby?
No.

We won.

Doesnt matter who won. We were poor, they were worse. If you want to inspire the next generation, dont watch the replay
Agree but we need the £££££££

Won’t be re-watching
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Mogwen View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mogwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2022 at 8:30pm
Originally posted by Oracle Oracle wrote:

Do u mean mine?? If so, my thinking was, the game was so poor nobody deserved to win. The Welsh team is meant to inspure the nation. That game did not. Both sides wete poor, and just because Walez won means nothing. The performance didnt improve, the playets didnt improve and the Argies made us look good. On another day Argentina would have put us to the sword. LZR went well, ken as always, Lewis was better than i tjought. The rest wete poor. Beard, tipuric, williams, anscombe shocking
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2022 at 8:36pm

Do u mean mine?? If so, my thinking was, the game was so poor nobody deserved to win. The Welsh team is meant to inspure the nation. That game did not. Both sides wete poor, and just because Walez won means nothing. The performance didnt improve, the playets didnt improve and the Argies made us look good. On another day Argentina would have put us to the sword. LZR went well, ken as always, Lewis was better than i tjought. The rest wete poor. Beard, tipuric, williams, anscombe shocking
Williams had best game for Wales Tuperic was very good. It wasn’t the best game I’ve seen but the defensive effort bearing in mind Argentina have beaten NZ, Australia and England away was superb. A lot better with people like Dillon Lewis and Thomas starting to look like international props. 
Ageee Anscombe and Beard however. 
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
Mogwen View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mogwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2022 at 8:53pm
If you watch Tipuric, yes he puts in a lot of tackles, but none are dominant. Count how many he puts in on his own.... very few. Hes a good link player, but i prefer my no7 to be at the breakdown challenging for turnovers rather than pretending to be a third centre. Theres no doubting his talent, workrate etc, but i prefer an out and out 7 that challenges at the breakdown like reffel, morgan and mcloed.
greypower1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greypower1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2022 at 9:01pm
In fairness to Tipuric he was also our main line-out option, Ken found his blue skullcap great aid to his accuracy. Wink
Keep the faith
Scrletsfan32x View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrletsfan32x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2022 at 9:47pm

Were you watching the correct game? Williams probably had his best game for Wales today! Tipuric was really good and Beard was solid. Jac Morgan was immense when he came on for Lydiate. I really enjoyed the game today (In the stadium)
Mogwen View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mogwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2022 at 10:00pm
Agree to disagree.
Mugwuffin View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mugwuffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2022 at 10:29pm
I thought that was a pretty good performance. Argentina are no mugs and have beaten the All Blacks in New Zealand and England in Twickenham recently. Wales stepped up a lot from last week and deserved to win. The defence was a more aggressive and whilst the attack wasn’t outstanding, there were plenty of interesting passages. The lineout was the main downer for me. One good catch and drive that resulted in a try, but we lost our own ball too many times. 
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2022 at 10:38pm

Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

Was that the poorest advert for international rugby?
No.

We won.

Doesnt matter who won. We were poor, they were worse. If you want to inspire the next generation, dont watch the replay
Wales weren’t great but they certainly weren’t poor. Forwards were very good. 
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
PritchyTheScarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Young Munster 2004 - Neyland RFC Tour

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PritchyTheScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2022 at 10:52pm
Wales grew in confidence as the game wore on. We controlled the game with our defence. Of course we want to see more in attack, but at least we've recognised that rock fight rugby is our most effective path to victory.
“Gareth Edwards just ran 30 yards and got a Knighthood, I sidestepped five players and got arthritis in both knees.” - Benny
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2022 at 12:25am

How on earth you have come to the conclusion that Tomos Williams was shocking is beyond me. He’s no world beater but he played very well today 
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
Mr Ian View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Ian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2022 at 6:50am
good win, this one is really important for team morale...
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2022 at 8:02am
I have never been a great fan of Tomos Williams or Dillon Lewis but fair play they both played well. Tomos has certainly stepped up his game this series so far. Game was poor entertainment - Argentina were their own worst enemies butchering wonderful field positions in the 3rd quarter which they dominated. We were hanging on at times and a horrific attempt at a clearance by their 15 gifted us the win. 

LRZ should be inked in to start at 15 for the next two games. His pace and eye for the gap frightens teams and Argentina even doubled up defensively which left space elsewhere which we failed to exploit because I am afraid Anscombe is not the player he was before his injury, Priestland's legs have gone & Tompkins couldn't pick a pass at 12. Someone asked why he was hauled off on 52 minutes - well they had seen enough missed tackles and passes to everywhere except in front of his support player. 

Another forum member has made what I think is an astute observation - Costelow is the best 10 in this squad & I would suggest starting Blacker, Costelow, Hawkins & North to start against Georgia because we are still no nearer getting the ball wide into the hands of a very dangerous set of back three runners. 

Worryingly for the WRU lots of empty seats coming on top of no full house against NZ. None of the games this Autumn are being reported as sell outs. Tough economic times for sure. 
Mogwen View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mogwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2022 at 8:05am
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

How on earth you have come to the conclusion that Tomos Williams was shocking is beyond me. He’s no world beater but he played very well today 

If we are happy to consider him good enough, then we have problems. It just shows how low of standards we have. He was better than last week. Apart from his charge down, his kicks were just as good as cawdors, his passing was slow and at times he wasnt even at the base of rucks. Youre right, hes no world beater. Hes not good enough. Our problem is, we dont have anyone else
N14 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2022 at 8:19am
I was encouraged by the performance. Sorry Mogwen I think your assessment is totally off it. Agree Tomos was brilliant (and I’m not usually a fan of his). For Ken to put in such a good shift for 80mins at international level is incredible at 35 years old. Gutted for him that he couldn’t clinch his try. Lineout is an ongoing problem though which needs addressing, not good enough for this standard of rugby. Please let’s see Costellow start next week!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
  Share Topic