Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wales team to face Georgia

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2022 at 5:02pm
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Originally posted by Gate12 Gate12 wrote:

Welsh rugby has issues all over the place which contribute towards that performance but pivac got things badly wrong again.

Having a front 5 of Jones, Roberts, Wainwright, beard and Jenkins and a 9 who's played the full 80 alongside a youngster at 10 to see the game out is tactically awful.

If you want to see how less experienced players go you probably put someone like awj alongside carter or Jenkins, in the frontrow you'd want ken alongside Wainwright, halfbacks you start with either costelow or dane. Pivac and gats before him really aren't very smart when bringing players through.

These were inevitable, almost engineered, outcomes, as was starting a 6,8,12,13 and 15 in shirts that their club/region don't.

Clearly we were planned to be home and hosed by the hour mark, and to be fair after 20 mins that looked a reasonable possibility, what ensued however, was a bus crash of biblical proportions.

You have to feel a bit for Daf Jenkins, Costelow and even Wainwright to an extent...put on with the opposition in the ascendancy and expected to see the team home.

Nicky Smith and Francis on the naughty step, Carre excluded in the manner of us having options in the front row akin to that of SA...?

Georgia are a Tier 1 country in one facet of play alone, scrums...so you pick a front row bench that aren't first choice for their teams, have a handful of playing minutes between them this season to match them?

Nah, you deserve all you get. Daft.

You can bring AWJ, Anscombe and presumably Francis back in next week (losing Rees-Zammitt, Daf Jenkins, Tompkins, Tschiunza and Refell to the squad).
Hardly ideal against an improved Australia.

and 10, priestland is not 1st choice at cardiff going back to him at this stage is madness
jarod , cowtelow and sheedy are far better options imo
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
Sponsored Links

scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2022 at 5:16pm
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Originally posted by Gate12 Gate12 wrote:

Welsh rugby has issues all over the place which contribute towards that performance but pivac got things badly wrong again.

Having a front 5 of Jones, Roberts, Wainwright, beard and Jenkins and a 9 who's played the full 80 alongside a youngster at 10 to see the game out is tactically awful.

If you want to see how less experienced players go you probably put someone like awj alongside carter or Jenkins, in the frontrow you'd want ken alongside Wainwright, halfbacks you start with either costelow or dane. Pivac and gats before him really aren't very smart when bringing players through.

These were inevitable, almost engineered, outcomes, as was starting a 6,8,12,13 and 15 in shirts that their club/region don't.

Clearly we were planned to be home and hosed by the hour mark, and to be fair after 20 mins that looked a reasonable possibility, what ensued however, was a bus crash of biblical proportions.

You have to feel a bit for Daf Jenkins, Costelow and even Wainwright to an extent...put on with the opposition in the ascendancy and expected to see the team home.

Nicky Smith and Francis on the naughty step, Carre excluded in the manner of us having options in the front row akin to that of SA...?

Georgia are a Tier 1 country in one facet of play alone, scrums...so you pick a front row bench that aren't first choice for their teams, have a handful of playing minutes between them this season to match them?

Nah, you deserve all you get. Daft.

You can bring AWJ, Anscombe and presumably Francis back in next week (losing Rees-Zammitt, Daf Jenkins, Tompkins, Tschiunza and Refell to the squad).
Hardly ideal against an improved Australia.

It would have papered over the cracks big time but if Pivac had selected Nicky Smith and Tomas Francis on the bench I’m fairly certain Wales would have won.
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2022 at 5:43pm
lest we forget pivac was playing hadligh parkes at 10 ? on the subject of parkes weve really missed his class in the centre
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
Sosban89 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sosban89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2022 at 6:14pm
I think we have so little quality in depth that Pivac is trying to shoehorn in his better players by playing them in any position possible. It doesn't work though. 
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2022 at 6:37pm
Originally posted by hoppy hoppy wrote:

Watched highlights of the game on s4C last night that was enough 

Feel sorry for the 63,585 Fans who paid good money to watch it

I think it was about a tenner. 
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2022 at 7:26pm
Originally posted by Sosban89 Sosban89 wrote:

I think we have so little quality in depth that Pivac is trying to shoehorn in his better players by playing them in any position possible. It doesn't work though. 
i  just think he is clueless tbh jenkins a good young prospect no where near ready for test rugby, josh fine player but not an 8. Cuthbert is miles off in terms of match fitness, brnging on 2 props who are are iffy scrummagers and a small sub hwker against a strong scrummaging side was madness cheers wayne

Edited by RR1972 - 20 November 2022 at 7:38pm
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2022 at 8:38pm
Originally posted by Tony Clifton Tony Clifton wrote:

Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

Feel very sorry for Dane Blacker.

An unused sub due to the performance of the starters and some replacements meant he wasn’t risked as the pursuit of a win ended in vain.
If I was Dane, I’d be thrilled to not have this poo result on my record and perhaps a better occasion for a first cap.
Couldn’t believe he kept Williams on who kept doing the same thing time and time again even though it never worked 
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
lofty evans View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2022 at 10:16pm
Watching the game this Evening I thought Georgia were excellent tbh...deserved winners.
Rugby is also played in the head....and Wales believe they are better than they are...

In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
SA23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2022 at 10:40am
£10 for adults.  Half Price for kids.  Would have cost us £30 for a family of 4 so we were considering going.  Glad we didn't though! 
Mogwen View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mogwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2022 at 5:53pm
Its not only the cost of tickets. Travel, parking, food, drink, etc. That goez up to over £100 not £30. Expensive day out
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic