Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > CHAT BOARD
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Food & Cooking Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 19>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2023 at 8:37am
Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Menu for the weekend - seafood chowder with crusty bread, pot-roast pheasants with fino & porcini & slow cooked shoulder of lamb roast dinner. Think another bottle of little black pigs pinot grigio with the chowder and I have an Australian cabernet sauvignon ( 14%) lurking on the rack which should do nicely for the pheasants/lamb. 
I hope you've made enough for the valet's skullery staff and the gamekeeper Gar Wink

ClapClap
Sponsored Links

GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2023 at 8:37am
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

Haven't eaten a proper plateful of food since getting a bug in Portugal last Weds so low key food for me this weekend.

Did the sardines get you????
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2023 at 8:49am

Haven't eaten a proper plateful of food since getting a bug in Portugal last Weds so low key food for me this weekend.

Didn't even get to have one! Was struck down on night one, did manage to visit Time Out Market which was a foodies heaven but from then it was man down.
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2023 at 8:54am

Didn't even get to have one! Was struck down on night one, did manage to visit Time Out Market which was a foodies heaven but from then it was man down.
Hope you recover soon
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2023 at 10:22am
Scott Quinnell on James Martin about an hour in to the prog and he’s still to appear.
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2023 at 11:14am
Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

Scott Quinnell on James Martin about an hour in to the prog and he’s still to appear.
Also in the finishing slot from about 1115 (1h45 in including adverts). First slot was a spatchcock chicken jalfrezi and the second a steak with maitre d’hôtel butter.
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2023 at 11:46am

Also in the finishing slot from about 1115 (1h45 in including adverts). First slot was a spatchcock chicken jalfrezi and the second a steak with maitre d’hôtel butter.
Scott was brilliant on the show. Nothing to promote, he was just there to provide positivity and much humour. He had a good message re dyslexia, too. 

Sometimes guests are famous for being famous but no one will be especially clear about their talents. Those conversations are often dull and far from eloquent. 

Today was brilliant, unpredictable and so much fun. Well worth a look on catch up TV
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2023 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by Mr Ian Mr Ian wrote:

Boys, for an extraordinary food and wine experience, come to Sicily..
always wanted to visit looks amazing
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2023 at 1:07pm

hope your on the mend mate.  My weekend fayre looks very uninspirng next to our good friend gpr dishes. Gammon eggs and albert bartlett fries Wink
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2023 at 1:07pm
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

hope your on the mend mate.  My weekend fayre looks very uninspirng next to our good friend gpr dishes. Gammon eggs and albert bartlett fries Wink
Where’s the pineapple?
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2023 at 1:19pm

Sounds delicious RR - I do love a gammon. 
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2023 at 1:25pm

Where’s the pineapple?
 ha im not pineapple fan only those pineappke chunk cubed sweets you used to get in the market. Though the strawberry creams were my favesWink

Edited by RR1972 - 04 March 2023 at 1:26pm
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2023 at 10:10pm
So today cheese bake with a dash of worcester sauce  and warm crust bread .  Accompanied by a glass of plum and pepper shirazWink
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2023 at 7:33am

So today cheese bake with a dash of worcester sauce  and warm crust bread .  Accompanied by a glass of plum and pepper shirazWink

Worcester sauce I find a very good product to have in my pantry. I use it in Sunday roast gravies & it definitely adds. Now shiraz has to be one of my favourites. Trying Rick Stein's seafood gratin this week.
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2023 at 8:38am
Our last Saturday’s salmon somehow turned into duck delight - local butcher who sources many fine choices, all good quality. His duck is french, which makes a huge difference to the taste and enjoyment.

It went with a Chateau Vandenbeld 2016 BQ the Dutch family business on the NW edge of the Bergerac region. Happy days.

This weekend, it looks like some warming comfort food for the weather. Might be starting with some Italian influence, possibly the dominant theme over Welsh produce for a late ish lunch tray meal in front of the TV.

Evening meal menu choice might be an English themed starter of snails, followed by a Lancashire hotch potch, ending with hard cheese and accompanied by Horlicks, to sum up the Eddie Jones reign. 

The french menu hasn’t been finalised but there’s less chance of waking up with a sore head, as they’re down to their third choice pilier droit. Possibly crémant aperitif, starter of seafood bisque, then minced rosbif and a dessert of café gourmande (small portions of several different desserts) accompanied by a hearty red from the Medoc.

At the ready will be indigestion tablets and a missing persons alert for objectivity in case of too much bland home punditry on TV.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2023 at 8:42am

Our last Saturday’s salmon somehow turned into duck delight - local butcher who sources many fine choices, all good quality. His duck is french, which makes a huge difference to the taste and enjoyment.

It went with a Chateau Vandenbeld 2016 BQ the Dutch family business on the NW edge of the Bergerac region. Happy days.

This weekend, it looks like some warming comfort food for the weather. Might be starting with some Italian influence, possibly the dominant theme over Welsh produce for a late ish lunch tray meal in front of the TV.

Evening meal menu choice might be an English themed starter of snails, followed by a Lancashire hotch potch, ending with hard cheese and accompanied by Horlicks, to sum up the Eddie Jones reign. 

The french menu hasn’t been finalised but there’s less chance of waking up with a sore head, as they’re down to their third choice pilier droit. Possibly crémant aperitif, starter of seafood bisque, then minced rosbif and a dessert of café gourmande (small portions of several different desserts) accompanied by a hearty red from the Medoc.

At the ready will be indigestion tablets and a missing persons alert for objectivity in case of too much bland home punditry on TV.

Nothing beats forward planning I say. LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 19>
  Share Topic