Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > CHAT BOARD
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Landlord nightmare Wales

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2023 at 4:37pm
Originally posted by Sir Duckling Tuft Sir Duckling Tuft wrote:

Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

Originally posted by Oracle Oracle wrote:

Just a question what is your general opinion of the Sennedd , not just this subject but across the board , and what do you think of Westminster as a lot of these issues you highlight are UK wide policies

The recent landlord legislation is a disgrace
The recent roads decision is also a disgrace

The senedd are overseeing the collapse of the welsh economy with endless self defeating laws
and massive fall in living standards across the board. This goes hand in hand with industrial collapse drugs rife, drug crime rife, higher alcohlic rates etc We are soft on crime ,soft on drugs soft on everyone apart from hard working people and small businesses. These are the backbone of welsh society, the people upon whom we rely to work hark, provide their skills and services and pay their taxes to pay for the public services..These people havent had any help they have been thoroughly exploited , ignored and taken advantage of for decades by the senedd and westminster....

The town centres have been decimated and allowed to rot by the decision makers who have preached about getting out of our cars yet destroyed town centres in favour of massive out of town retail parks to which you can only get to by car.. The irony of these self defeating policies is lost on these politicians ....Buses have also been non existent there and nowadays taxis are also impossible to get n doubt because of the endless paperwork involved...Even job centres do not offer jobs anymore ? The future is bleak. It looks at this rate as though millions will be workless long term sick and machines will replace them to ensure maxiimum profits for the billionaires and wales is walking straight into that trap like welsh sheep. why not support sme's before theyre all wiped out? The senedd desnt seem to have the backbone for that..Far easier to sell out all our lovely little towns to the nandos tescos who can in turn send all their profits abroad...

Anyone who questions the status quo in wales and why we are always the poorest uk region is shouted down as a daily mail reader or a shy tory. Its a real stale environment where debate isnt allowed or considered. plaed meanwhile offer no alternative, no vision so desperately needed, they are asleep at the wheel, overly obsessed with just 1 subject, the language.  We need a arty to tap into welsh aspirations, identity, pride, to reward hard work and ensure all big corporations pay their taxes. Alas some of that is still in westminster where theyre in the pockets of the wealthy...But the senedd are doing nothing to make it better, only worse

Are you Mr Angry from Steve Wright in the afternoon?
are you roger irrelevant off the viz?

You can't say that to the dodgy roofer Shocked
Sponsored Links

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2023 at 4:51pm

Just a question what is your general opinion of the Sennedd , not just this subject but across the board , and what do you think of Westminster as a lot of these issues you highlight are UK wide policies

The senedd are overseeing the collapse of the welsh economy with endless self defeating laws
and massive fall in living standards across the board. This goes hand in hand with industrial collapse drugs rife, drug crime rife, higher alcohlic rates etc We are soft on crime ,soft on drugs soft on everyone apart from hard working people and small businesses. These are the backbone of welsh society, the people upon whom we rely to work hark, provide their skills and services and pay their taxes to pay for the public services..These people havent had any help they have been thoroughly exploited , ignored and taken advantage of for decades by the senedd and westminster....

The town centres have been decimated and allowed to rot by the decision makers who have preached about getting out of our cars yet destroyed town centres in favour of massive out of town retail parks to which you can only get to by car.. The irony of these self defeating policies is lost on these politicians ....Buses have also been non existent there and nowadays taxis are also impossible to get n doubt because of the endless paperwork involved...Even job centres do not offer jobs anymore ? The future is bleak. It looks at this rate as though millions will be workless long term sick and machines will replace them to ensure maxiimum profits for the billionaires and wales is walking straight into that trap like welsh sheep. why not support sme's before theyre all wiped out? The senedd desnt seem to have the backbone for that..Far easier to sell out all our lovely little towns to the nandos tescos who can in turn send all their profits abroad...

Anyone who questions the status quo in wales and why we are always the poorest uk region is shouted down as a daily mail reader or a shy tory. Its a real stale environment where debate isnt allowed or considered. plaed meanwhile offer no alternative, no vision so desperately needed, they are asleep at the wheel, overly obsessed with just 1 subject, the language.  We need a arty to tap into welsh aspirations, identity, pride, to reward hard work and ensure all big corporations pay their taxes. Alas some of that is still in westminster where theyre in the pockets of the wealthy...But the senedd are doing nothing to make it better, only worse

This is what gets me. There is legitimate criticism to be made of Welsh Labour/The Welsh Government. Believe me, I have plenty of my own and no doubt on the particular issue of landlord/tenant legislation, they could do a lot better. Yet somehow I find Wil Chip's account reasonable but yours OTT. Why is that? I'll explain. 

Your opening comment to this thread goes a long way to explaining your greivances. The comment above is a litany of right wing stereotypes and memes. I've said many times now that your comments could be lifted word for word from the comments on a WoL article. As I said earlier, there is a small yet vocal right wing minority in Wales who reinforce each other and promulgate a particular narrative about the Welsh Govt and the Senedd. Your comments are riddled with signifiers that you also adhere to that narrative. The trouble is that it is not a balanced view. One of the primary cheerleaders of this is a certain Andrew RT Davies who offers absolutely nothing in the way of an alternative and has based the official opposition to the WG on s**t stirring. He is a genuine empty can, rattling the most. I truly, truly wish that the right in Wales would do a better job of holding Labour to account. Goodness knows it is not healthy that they have enjoyed a majority here for 100 years. I truly, truly wish that they had a vision to build the Welsh nation but for the most part, the Welsh right is only interested in "Britishifying" Wales, imposing a "British" national identity on us. To my mind THAT is nationalism and there are many who are obsessed by it. 

Now much of the criticism that you have levelled at the WG is nothing to do with them. Much of it is to do with societal changes. Much of it is the responsibility of the UK Govt. Much of it, where it falls to the WG, is hampered by a budget that is set in London that our elected SM's cannot alter. And even where you hold an opinion, legitimately, on a WG policy I still find your stance OTT. Roads for example. We know that carbon emissions are having a serious negative impact on health, security, the economy, let alone the wider environmental implications for the other life on this planet that we share. We cannot just build roads willy nilly. The fair criticism here is that the WG did not at the same time explain what the alternative will be. Albeit that the HS2 £5Bn we're losing out on would go a long way to fund the alternatives we need.

You accuse Plaid Cymru (not "plaed") of being obsessed with the language and nothing else - how woefully (willingly?) ignorant. Plaid are highly active campaigning across a wide range of policy areas, not least of which is to build Welsh democracy and improve the way we are governed. Goodness knows they have their failings - and I have my own frustrations - but your comment is no more than a lazy trope.

As for being shut down for criticising Labour, do stop playing the martyr. You have been criticised for regurgitating right wing tropes and narratives. I'm sure you have legitimate concerns and complaints, many of which you do touch upon. I hold out some hope in so far as you call for a party that will tap into Welsh aspiration and pride and take Wales forward. There is at least a party aligned to your political views that is pro-Wales (as opposed to yet another UK party) and that party is called Gwlad. If you wanted to do something positive you could get involved and build the positive case for a different approach. I might not agree with your ideas but I could at least respect that endeavour.

Edited by totallybiasedscarlet - 17 February 2023 at 4:55pm
Scarlet O'Hara View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarlet O'Hara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2023 at 4:54pm

Is it better to go through an agency or try and save money by doing everything yourself

Or pay an agency and end up doing everything yourself anyway. Cough D*rlows
Oracle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2023 at 4:59pm
I'm starting to think that this forum is actually Landlord CentralLOL
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2023 at 5:05pm

Never read it but it sounds about right
I’d always had you down as more of a John Cleese kind of person.

John Cleese as in his role with the two Ronnies explaining the British Class System.

“I look down on him” etc. 

Well you would, as a professional rooferBig smile
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Oracle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2023 at 5:14pm
Don't feed into his ego Wink
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2023 at 5:26pm
Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

Never read it but it sounds about right
I’d always had you down as more of a John Cleese kind of person.

John Cleese as in his role with the two Ronnies explaining the British Class System.

“I look down on him” etc. 

Well you would, as a professional rooferBig smile
I was the 4th one just out of shot Wink
Oracle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2023 at 5:33pm
Heading to a bookies , I bet LOL
Sir Duckling Tuft View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sir Duckling Tuft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2023 at 5:41pm
Originally posted by totallybiasedscarlet totallybiasedscarlet wrote:

This is what gets me. There is legitimate criticism to be made of Welsh Labour/The Welsh Government. Believe me, I have plenty of my own and no doubt on the particular issue of landlord/tenant legislation, they could do a lot better. Yet somehow I find Wil Chip's account reasonable but yours OTT. Why is that? I'll explain. 

Your opening comment to this thread goes a long way to explaining your greivances. The comment above is a litany of right wing stereotypes and memes. I've said many times now that your comments could be lifted word for word from the comments on a WoL article. As I said earlier, there is a small yet vocal right wing minority in Wales who reinforce each other and promulgate a particular narrative about the Welsh Govt and the Senedd. Your comments are riddled with signifiers that you also adhere to that narrative. The trouble is that it is not a balanced view. One of the primary cheerleaders of this is a certain Andrew RT Davies who offers absolutely nothing in the way of an alternative and has based the official opposition to the WG on s**t stirring. He is a genuine empty can, rattling the most. I truly, truly wish that the right in Wales would do a better job of holding Labour to account. Goodness knows it is not healthy that they have enjoyed a majority here for 100 years. I truly, truly wish that they had a vision to build the Welsh nation but for the most part, the Welsh right is only interested in "Britishifying" Wales, imposing a "British" national identity on us. To my mind THAT is nationalism and there are many who are obsessed by it. 

Now much of the criticism that you have levelled at the WG is nothing to do with them. Much of it is to do with societal changes. Much of it is the responsibility of the UK Govt. Much of it, where it falls to the WG, is hampered by a budget that is set in London that our elected SM's cannot alter. And even where you hold an opinion, legitimately, on a WG policy I still find your stance OTT. Roads for example. We know that carbon emissions are having a serious negative impact on health, security, the economy, let alone the wider environmental implications for the other life on this planet that we share. We cannot just build roads willy nilly. The fair criticism here is that the WG did not at the same time explain what the alternative will be. Albeit that the HS2 £5Bn we're losing out on would go a long way to fund the alternatives we need.

You accuse Plaid Cymru (not "plaed") of being obsessed with the language and nothing else - how woefully (willingly?) ignorant. Plaid are highly active campaigning across a wide range of policy areas, not least of which is to build Welsh democracy and improve the way we are governed. Goodness knows they have their failings - and I have my own frustrations - but your comment is no more than a lazy trope.

As for being shut down for criticising Labour, do stop playing the martyr. You have been criticised for regurgitating right wing tropes and narratives. I'm sure you have legitimate concerns and complaints, many of which you do touch upon. I hold out some hope in so far as you call for a party that will tap into Welsh aspiration and pride and take Wales forward. There is at least a party aligned to your political views that is pro-Wales (as opposed to yet another UK party) and that party is called Gwlad. If you wanted to do something positive you could get involved and build the positive case for a different approach. I might not agree with your ideas but I could at least respect that endeavour.

Absolute rubbish I can back every single word Ive printed with facts to back it up, you cannot. It is you who is spouting endless cliche and generalization, daily mail reader blah blah blah. Heard it all before its utter bilge that you think you can get away with it, being with the majority. Not any more you cant, that appeasement of these nonsense petty laws is whats seen this great country and the town of Llanelli fall down. Lets get to the truth instead. Youre so far indoctrinated you cant even see the facts and the truth in front of you nor smell the weed under your nostrils.

Plaid are the only hope really but have they done enough? Judging by their results of course not. Didnt they close down a local bilingual school and reopen it as welsh only despite the entire village being against it? If so thats hardly listening to the constituents is it? I want them to break through but theyre light years behind the SNP in scotland

Pm me direct if you want to get factual and truthful instead of playing to the gallery like so many

Edited by Sir Duckling Tuft - 17 February 2023 at 5:54pm
sir duckling tuft
Oracle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2023 at 5:52pm
It is Plaid not Plaed btw 
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2023 at 6:04pm

Originally posted by totallybiasedscarlet totallybiasedscarlet wrote:

Absolute rubbish I can back every single word Ive printed with facts to back it up, you cannot. It is you who is spouting endless cliche and generalization, daily mail reader blah blah blah. Heard it all before its utter bilge that you think you can get away with it, being with the majority. Not any more you cant, that appeasement of these nonsense petty laws is whats seen this great country and the town of Llanelli fall down. Lets get to the truth instead. Youre so far indoctrinated you cant even see the facts and the truth in front of you nor smell the weed under your nostrils.

Plaid are the only hope really but have they done enough? Judging by their results of course not. Didnt they close down a local bilingual school and reopen it as welsh only despite the entire village being against it? If so thats hardly listening to the constituents is it? I want them to break through but theyre light years behind the SNP in scotland

Pm me direct if you want to get factual and truthful instead of playing to the gallery like so many

LOL Try reading that back mate. Nearly every word was b******t. You're just a boring pub boor.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2023 at 6:07pm
I’m off to the food and cooking thread.

ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2023 at 6:08pm
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Careful Wil the saucepan is hot LOL
Oracle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2023 at 6:12pm
There's a good and cooking thread ..wow
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2023 at 8:09am
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

I'm coming with Wil. Ouch
Oracle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2023 at 8:27am
I think the last post needs rephrasing LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic