Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wales vs England team

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 13>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2023 at 4:55pm
I don't know if it's me but I feel deflated after what could have resulted in change evaporated yesterday evening ...There will be no positive change and I still will be waiting for the signature on the agreement next week ..after all they have been promising it for the last 20 weeks plus 
I can't get excited when I should , it's like a flat tyre 
Sponsored Links

roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2023 at 5:43pm
Originally posted by totallybiasedscarlet totallybiasedscarlet wrote:

Leigh Halfpenny; Josh Adams, Mason Grady, Joe Hawkins, Louis Rees-Zammit; Owen Williams, Tomos Williams; Gareth Thomas, Ken Owens, Tomas Francis, Adam Beard, Alun Wyn Jones, Christ Tshiunza, Justin Tipuric, Taulupe Faletau.

Replacements: Bradley Roberts, Rhys Carre, Dillon Lewis, Dafydd Jenkins, Tommy Reffell, Kieran Hardy, Dan Biggar, Nick Tompkins.

Johnny McNicholl (far more dangerousin attack on on form atm); Steff Evans(adams is better but hes been quiet, steff is everywhere), Joe Roberts (shown more form than mason), Ioan Nicholas (solid good offloaders hawkins more physical), Ryan Conbeer (id pick him over lrz atm); Sam Costelow (better than owen w and patchell is too), Gareth Davies (best 9 in wales); Kemsley Mathias (thomas would robably edge him atm), Shaun Evans(ken is better atm), Sam Wainwright (wouldnt go back against francis), Morgan Jones, Sam Lousi(far more athletic than the welsh duo), Vaea Fifita (him and christ t would be an epic battle), Dan Davis(on top form), Sione Kalamafoni (only 1% off faletau)

overall I would exect one heck of a tight contest, wales strongeer becnh may give them a 10 point win
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2023 at 6:30pm
Beard definitely has the photos he will be on pitch for 80 mins no way AWJ will stay on. Did Gatland actually watch the Scotland game Jenkins twice the player unbelievable selection England by 30 
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
hoppy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoppy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2023 at 6:42pm
Think Hawkins and Grady played together in the U20 team in the centres 
scarletpimp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletpimp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2023 at 7:31pm
I agree  with a lot that's  been said already. 
Pivac was critised forward of consistency,  and then we have this !!!
One could argue, that with all the disruption, this week, that what was needed was experience,  but we tried that again Ireland, and I'd failed abysmally. 
Can anyone tell me what the hell AWJ, and Tipuric,  are doing  inthat side ?Jenkins, Morgan/Reffell are the future, and the only way you 
learn, is to play in matches  like this.

At the end of what quite probably is going to be wooden spoon season, then the,public will be asking "Why  has Gatland come back ?
He may well be asking that question  himself! 
I stood yer on tanner bank
Oracle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2023 at 8:02pm
What I don't understand is people who scream that our players are better than those picked for Wales ..
But
When our players are picked the same people are scream that team cymru are ruining our players 

It's a strange phenomenon 
Rob o'r Bont View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Optimist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob o'r Bont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2023 at 8:24pm
Originally posted by Oracle Oracle wrote:

What I don't understand is people who scream that our players are better than those picked for Wales ..
But
When our players are picked the same people are scream that team cymru are ruining our players 

The phrase ‘same people’ is doing a lot of heavy lifting there. Smile
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Oracle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2023 at 8:28pm
LOLLOLLOL
jeremy windell View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeremy windell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2023 at 8:59pm
Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

Beard definitely has the photos he will be on pitch for 80 mins no way AWJ will stay on. Did Gatland actually watch the Scotland game Jenkins twice the player unbelievable selection England by 30 

Beard is stealing caps 

I genuinely think he'd played better if someone pulled his scrum.cap down to cover his eyes 
Go ahead..........Take those banana's
lofty evans View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2023 at 9:37pm

But

Not for me the Scarlets are Wales. 

In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2023 at 9:39pm

But

I'm a strange one cos I want the least Scarlets in the Welsh set up...always said it and will never change....the Welsh public at the WRU stadium don't deserve ti see Scarlet players ...they just lamblast them anyway....

Oracle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2023 at 10:09pm
Originally posted by jeremy windell jeremy windell wrote:

Beard is stealing caps 

I genuinely think he'd played better if someone pulled his scrum.cap down to cover his eyes 
And George North ..he really annoys me 
Sir Duckling Tuft View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sir Duckling Tuft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2023 at 12:18am
Why does north  take the ball either standing still or shuffling to a halt?
He's like some big powerful animal completely  unaware of his size and speed

sir duckling tuft
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2023 at 7:20am
Originally posted by Rob o'r Bont Rob o'r Bont wrote:

That team would struggle against our starting XV against Edinburgh last weekend - for the record....

Scarlets: Johnny McNicholl; Steff Evans, Joe Roberts, Ioan Nicholas, Ryan Conbeer; Sam Costelow, Gareth Davies; Kemsley Mathias, Shaun Evans, Sam Wainwright, Morgan Jones, Sam Lousi, Vaea Fifita, Dan Davis, Sione Kalamafoni 

I think you make a very good point Rob. That team putting in a performance of defensive speed, discipline and attacking flair as they did last Saturday would make that Welsh team look a little pedestrian & understandably under prepared. It would also probably win the battle of the breakdown with Shaun, Dan & Wainwright strong in that area and Louisi just being an absolute bloody nuisance. 
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2023 at 8:59am
Originally posted by jeremy windell jeremy windell wrote:

Beard is stealing caps 

I dont think anyone defends Beard at all.

RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2023 at 9:08am
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Originally posted by Rob o'r Bont Rob o'r Bont wrote:

That team would struggle against our starting XV against Edinburgh last weekend - for the record....

Scarlets: Johnny McNicholl; Steff Evans, Joe Roberts, Ioan Nicholas, Ryan Conbeer; Sam Costelow, Gareth Davies; Kemsley Mathias, Shaun Evans, Sam Wainwright, Morgan Jones, Sam Lousi, Vaea Fifita, Dan Davis, Sione Kalamafoni 

I think you make a very good point Rob. That team putting in a performance of defensive speed, discipline and attacking flair as they did last Saturday would make that Welsh team look a little pedestrian & understandably under prepared. It would also probably win the battle of the breakdown with Shaun, Dan & Wainwright strong in that area and Louisi just being an absolute bloody nuisance. 
i think we are getting a bit over excited here lads davis and shaun would likely get blown away at test level. Lets not forget the outing we had off the ospreys pack xmas time
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 13>
  Share Topic